Re: Farm stock rules that work March 20, 2010 09:35AM
I pull a bone stock 8600 ford from 9500lbs to 14500lbs. Have pulled it on the high side one time in the 9500 in 5th gear the rest of the time it is in 4th or 3rd. on the low side. It does have dual power but no turbo. So would i rather pull against a 1066 at 130hp at 6 or 8mph or a 1066 at 350 to 400hp at 6 or 8mph. It does not take a rocket scienist to figure that one out.

Re: Farm stock rules that work March 21, 2010 01:33PM
Bluefan, I agree with you, and I have a 400 hp tractor. As I said before, rules should state no throttle advancement and no upshifting after 100 ft or so. That way, my 400 hp would be no advantage over your 100 hp in slower speed limit pulls. I would like to have enough power to pull 12 mph, as well as slower speeds but I don't believe in running a high gear, and big wheel speed at the end of the track.

Re: Farm stock rules that work March 23, 2010 05:04AM
stock means just that not after market or retrofit get the most out of it with what it came out with

Re: Farm stock rules that work March 23, 2010 07:16AM
Stock means just that. Factory rated horsepower at rated rpm. Not"pop the cap and turn the screw" or

"dealer sent it that way" . Lots of complaining in this thread from people who say other guy went to far.

It's either stock or modified, you can't be a little pregnant.

Re: Farm stock rules that work March 23, 2010 12:26PM
you also have the issue of compotent changes engines block;front axle etc:

Re: Farm stock rules that work March 23, 2010 01:09PM
wow, this is a long lasting thread. nice to see the interest and concern. Most of the guys on here make good sensible statemets in my opinion. I think there are so many variables with the different brands and it is so hard to have a level playing field that a speed limit is the only workable and sensible way to have a stock class. You could put all on a dyno and work stock HP but even then some tractors had more HP than others and I don't think it is fair to give one brand a advantage over another just cause it had some adavantage from the factory. Like maybe it a had a inline pump and another did not. So really the only way to keep it down to driver skills and puller skills of balance and traction etc is to make pull the same speed. At least then you know that no one is flat out only winning because they got a big motor. And it helps keep costs in check.

Re: Farm stock rules that work March 23, 2010 01:42PM
bill you make good sense 1150 the only way to make a mf compete is to alter it that is my answer to who cares

Re: Farm stock rules that work March 23, 2010 01:51PM
hahaha come up my way and pull with me and u will run home with ur tail tucked redbone Hot

Re: Farm stock rules that work March 23, 2010 02:01PM
whatclass how about 16000/18000 or is that to much to get out of the hole

Re: Farm stock rules that work March 23, 2010 02:05PM
any weight u want ....lol

Re: Farm stock rules that work March 25, 2010 10:38AM
In response to "fun meter getting high-shut it down": If your not a farm stock puller than why are you giving your two cents worth of opinion on a class that doesnt concern you. The whole subject matter has been on making the class not only fair but enjoyable for the people who enjoy friendly competition on a level playing field. If you want to show how bad your tractor is than compete in a class designed for you. By the way your statement reflects your maturity. To the rest of the pulling world Lets Go out and have a good time. Thumbs Up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2010 10:46AM by Redbone.

Re: Farm stock rules that work March 25, 2010 10:55AM
How do you actually handle speed limits with CVT tractors?

Like this "Out of field" Fendt:
[www.youtube.com]

Or are you going to outlaw those like you did with the Deutz Diesel antiques??? Grinning

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2010 10:58AM by Sascha.

Re: Farm stock rules that work March 25, 2010 09:56PM
I agree with redbone turn the pump up as much as you can and hook it. Its not my fault that you only have a 4020 at 90hp and I have a 4440 at 250hp in the 13000lb class.

Re: Farm stock rules that work March 25, 2010 11:41PM
thats the same thing the guy with the 6030 and 500 hp is saying about your 250 hp 4440. which brings me to a question. What class does a stock tractor pull in then? or don't they get to pull?

Re: Farm stock rules that work March 26, 2010 01:30PM
I have no problem with a 6030 pulling with all stock parts and just the pump turned up. That guy has a bigger tractor than me i expect him to beat me and don't feel bad if he does. I pull farm stock for fun i take my tractor of the manure pump turn the pump up and just have fun no matter if i'm first or last. But i do have a problem with the guy with a 6030 with a 619 and a 800cc p-pump or the 1066 with a 15 mill model 100 and a s4 pulling in the farm stock class.

P.S. speed limits suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you want to go slow go get your super M and 730 and pull them

Re: Farm stock rules that work March 26, 2010 04:11AM
hey redbone,
i am a farmstock puller, as stock as they come, other than turning the pump up. oh and i am immature? or is that you for makin that statement.
you usually can tell or know who is stock and who is not, or if not lay some cash on the line and tear it down, if ya find something you get the money if you find nothin the puller keeps the noney. who the heck wants to see tractors pull a sled down the track slow????? the big classes should be 10+mph if you can only pull farm equipment slow, than leave it home cause you wont compete!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Farm stock rules that work March 28, 2010 02:07AM
So if say gordyville decided to have a 3lm class what would anyone sugest for rules? And would there be any interest in a class like that?
I would say a good place to start for rules would be

1. stock cubic inch for tractor being entered
2. Box 3lm 2.33 intake
3. Stock appearing pump no p pump
4. rock shaft if equiped
5. pto
6. 20.8-38 or 18.4-38 or 18.4-42 tires
7. 2800 rpm
8. no speed limit

11500lbs or 13500lbs

Re: Farm stock rules that work March 28, 2010 04:44AM
That's what I consider to be normal farm stock rules, other than the speed limit. I don't know if it would keep the crowd's attention at an event like that, but myself and 5 or 6 others I pull with would probably be there. Count me in.

Re: Farm stock rules that work March 28, 2010 05:20AM
I must say ih puller 2 you made that look too easy. A very good set of rules. Bet you would have a bunch of tractors that would qualilfy. Have to weed out the ones that arent which would probably be the hardest part. Course now since you got a set here comes the guys to tear them apart. Afraid this years "farm stock" tractors will only get to run mph classes anyhow. From the sounds of things in an open class big non p pumps intercoolers,water, etc are gonna be in it. In time think they will shoot themselves in the foot but for now skys the limit as long as you got deep pockets. oh and yeah 3000rpms and thats it anything goes. mph takes care of everything else. that should make em happy. dream on.

Re: Farm stock rules that work March 28, 2010 05:36AM
I have ben pulling in the stock classes in northwestern wisconsin for 4 years now the rules that have the best outcome around here are a farm class with a speed limit of around 5mph on small tractors and 10mph on 10,500lbs and up. Then some pulls run an improved farm class which means 3lm turbo or less stock appering injection system 15% over stock rpms, and no speed limit for those of us that stick our fingers in the pump and want to make some smoke and let the dirt fly. there is one association in our area that thinks 3mph is fast enough and by the time 7,500lbs class comes around the crowd is board and leaving.....i know opinions are cheap and everybody has one and now you have heard mine...good luck to everybody in the upcoming pulling season and be safe.

Re: Farm stock rules that work March 28, 2010 05:48AM
Thats basically the same rules IAMO runs. If speed limits are used you loose fans. If 5 or 10 mph is used fans will take a nap.

Re: Farm stock rules that work March 25, 2010 10:40AM
How many CC's of fuel should be allowed with a stock appearing model 100 or a Roosamaster pump with a box 3LM turbo at 2800 RPM's?

Re: Farm stock rules that work March 25, 2010 10:49AM
"Turbocharged Puller": you would have to check with a qualified technician. Why do you ask?

Re: Farm stock rules that work March 25, 2010 11:32AM
In a Farm stock class with a model 100 pump you can have a 10, 11, 13, or maybe a 15 mm head or a roosamaster pump you can go 370, 390, or 450 head and even as far as a 2 or 4 roller pump. Which one would be fair in a mph class?

Re: Farm stock rules that work March 25, 2010 11:38AM
all there is no rules !!!!!!! lol

Re: Farm stock rules that work March 26, 2010 03:14AM
RedBone: That is why it is a speed limit, rather than a gear limit. That Fendt has a MPH guage in his tractor, too, so he can keep it under teh speed limit the same as the rest of the gear drives. That issue has been brought up in the past regarding IH hydro's.

Re: Farm stock rules that work March 28, 2010 06:17AM
The crowds do not want to see slow pulling.We are pulling not raking hay.

Re: Farm stock rules that work March 28, 2010 06:27AM
IH Puller 2: So if I have a JD 6030 I can't pull in the 13,500 class because my tractor came STOCK with a P-pump?

Re: Farm stock rules that work March 28, 2010 07:00AM
Sorry I know that a 6030 came with a p pump but like i said you have to start somewere. and there is just so much you can do with a p pump vs a a pump, rotary, and a rosamaster. A speed limit, people dont come to a tractor pull to count the lugs on the tires as they go by. If this problem was in car racing for example, that would be like you can only go 55 mph going into the corners, not much fun.
As far as keeping the crowds attention, there are na classes at gordyville, "farm stock" isnt that far off on speed vs them. If you dont like the farm stock class, or any other, I didnt see any seat belts in the stands so go take a piss and get a beer.

Re: Farm stock rules that work March 28, 2010 09:22AM
Sorry, I did'nt mean to ruffle any feathers, but you have to try to include everyone, but I understand the starting point. As far as "farm stock" I don't think there is a place for that at an event like Gordyville. I feel farm stock is more for local pulls like county fairs and independant organizations, and short of having a dyno present with horsepower limits set for each weight class (13,000lb - 130hp for example) a speed limit is definately the way to go, as long as the speeds are respectible (13,000lb - 5mph for example) and that levels the playing field for a wide horsepower range of tractors. That way someone with a stock farm tractor can turn some fuel to it and run a little faster because deep down we all know that 5mph is a bit fast for a factory stock anything pulling a sled, but at the same time will slow the hotter tractors down.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,763, Posts: 229,924, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,020.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM