load and depth shaft bushing removal March 22, 2010 12:57PM
is there a tool from deere or a good method to det l & d bushings out?

thanks

Re: load and depth shaft bushing removal March 22, 2010 02:23PM
just a good long punch

Re: load and depth shaft bushing removal March 22, 2010 02:59PM
A puller on a slide hammer works well too

Re: load and depth shaft bushing removal March 26, 2010 03:43PM
weld a spot in the bushings one at a time and drive them out one at a time with the old shaft works great and easy to do

Re: load and depth shaft bushing removal March 27, 2010 12:47AM
Is that Tool # OTC 547891. LOL We got some of those in my shop too. I bet they dont teach you that at JD Tech School!! I like home grown ingenuity.

Re: load and depth shaft bushing removal March 27, 2010 01:17AM
Long shaft ground square on the end just slightly smaller than the load shaft and drive it out from the opposite side of the housing...........Make Damm sure you have the end resting on the bushing and not the casting before you start beating on it...............if it comes out easy put loctite 680 sleeve and bearing compond on the new one. If this is pre 1969 the seal gets driven in the thickness of the washer deeper into the case..........read the little paper that comes with the seal as to which way it should point for certain tractors pre 1969...........yes i teach this in John Deere Tech

Re: load and depth shaft bushing removal March 27, 2010 02:07AM
I think you should teach "Luckys" method. LOL. I mean with a name like that how could it be wrong? I had a three legged dog once, went by the same name, Lucky.

Re: load and depth shaft bushing removal March 28, 2010 01:37PM
ive used all the methods listed above and done hundreds of these and found this the most efficient so far
I guess the nickname is a spinoff of my last name Luckason yea im blessed with being norwegion also lol

Re: load and depth shaft bushing removal March 28, 2010 01:42PM
There are .oo3 oversize bushings available when you loose your fit in the case

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009