How much HP will a DC Case rear end with stand? March 31, 2010 08:50AM
Thinking about building a single engine mod with 750hp or so. Will a DC Case rear end hold up?

Re: How much HP will a DC Case rear end with stand? April 01, 2010 02:12AM
Anyone have any ideas?

Re: How much HP will a DC Case rear end with stand? April 01, 2010 02:55AM
Isn't that a chain drive???

Re: How much HP will a DC Case rear end with stand? April 01, 2010 03:05AM
Yep, DC Case's had a chain driven final drive.

Re: How much HP will a DC Case rear end with stand? April 01, 2010 07:54AM
Go to ytmag.com pulling board and ask for a guy named Mel he pulled Case DC in 5 Super in past.

He just might know what breaking point of rear is.

Re: How much HP will a DC Case rear end with stand? April 01, 2010 02:51PM
what about an ih m or an oliver 88 ?

Re: How much HP will a DC Case rear end with stand? April 03, 2010 03:50PM
M yes, Oliver no. The Olivers had a dinky rear end, but the M's are pretty beefy. Tough to beat an M or Cockshutt rear end for high hp applications.

Re: How much HP will a DC Case rear end with stand? April 06, 2010 05:07AM
I run a Massey 55, and a Massey Harris 44 or 55 rear-end will hold up to just about anything you can throw at it. We've had a friend with a 850 HP power-plant joined with a Massey 44 rear-end with no problem...

Re: How much HP will a DC Case rear end with stand? April 04, 2010 12:34PM
I HAD A SINGLE ENG MOD AND AFTER BUILDING 600 HP OR SO I BLEW THE INPUT SHAFT OUT OF THE REAR END. AS I REMEMBER THE RIGN AND PINION IS THE FIRST THING IN THE REAR END, ANYWAYS THE BEARING SUPPORT FOR THAT SHAFT WAS THE FIRST THING WE BROOKE AND THEN WE WE SWITCHED TO A MASSY 44 REAR WHICH WAS ALOT EASYIER TO BUILD AROUND AND I THINK STRONGER. MY SUGESTION IS FIND SOMETHING ELSE

Re: How much HP will a DC Case rear end with stand? April 05, 2010 01:41AM
We have run single engine mods for years and used the Oliver 88 most of that time. They held up good until we got over 600 hp then we started breaking the rear cast part of the rearend casting that holds the back of the input shaft. We had a friend that ran one and used a steel plate for a cover for the rearend and bolted a pillow block bearing to that. This fix seemed to work very well. We still use an Oliver 1650 rearend that holds up to about 750 hp but we do break a gear in the trans on occation. One of the best we have found is a Cockshut 40 without the trans, they seem to hold up very well and I don't think I have seen anyone break one. The Massy 44 does pretty well but will break a gear once in a while. The last tractor that we build has a ford 4000 rearend that we took the trans out of and only use the rearend. The problem we had when we took out the trans is that we had to cut the gear ratio in half, we used a 4X4 truck transfer case to do this. This has held up very well and has very good brakes. All of the others we modified the brakes although the Olivers have pretty good brakes. We have never seen anyone in our area use an M and have heard that the trans does not hold up. An F20 will break axles at the hp you are talking about but the F30 may work but is very heavy. As for your first question; I have never seem anyone try a DC and I have seen 100 or more of these tractors over the years. The most popular has been the Cockshut 40 and the Massy 44. I like the Ford 4000 as well as any I have seen.

S'no Farmer

Re: How much HP will a DC Case rear end with stand? April 05, 2010 04:49PM
I have a massy 44 rearend that was behind a single engine mod with a 440 chrysler from the 80,s-90,s era. I dont know where your from but i,ll part with it cheap, I,m in south dakota

Re: How much HP will a DC Case rear end with stand? April 06, 2010 04:07AM
What was the ratio for the ford 4000? I thought it was a 6000 you used.

Re: How much HP will a DC Case rear end with stand? April 06, 2010 08:37AM
We used a 4600 and I'm pretty sure that they are the same as a 4000. The ratio for mine is about 23 to 1. There is one tractor out there with a 6000 Ford that I know of. The 6000 has hyd brakes and is harder to get the brakes working good but the ratio is closer to what is needed for an EHR tractor. The 4000 has several different ring and pinion ratios that will work in them. I'm not sure if that is the case with the 6000.

S'no Farmer

Re: How much HP will a DC Case rear end with stand? April 07, 2010 05:31AM
early 6000 is about 33:1 & late is 30:1 All had SOS tranny's.

I'd think that a SOS 4000 would be in the same range & cheap if you come across one.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,675, Posts: 229,777, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason