Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 01, 2010 07:48AM
Is the pull in Springfield, Missouri not going to be Outlaw anymore.

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 01, 2010 08:25AM
No it will be MSTPA

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 01, 2010 09:55AM
Thats a step backwards for the Ozark Empire Fair. The pull last year was not near as good as the Outlaw show. The whole fair is going backwards though. Not only the pull, but the cattle showing, carnival, etc. Heard they were all but broke.

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 01, 2010 10:56AM
outlaws did it to themselves last time they were there, when you advertise a twd class and its a state hook and only 1 truck shows up it has the effect of pi$$ing off the fair board and the crowd. If they want someone to blame look in the mirror.

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 01, 2010 01:57PM
Everyone comes to the Ozark Fair to see the big smoke and Outlaws brought it. The track has always sucked for the pickups weather they be 2wd or 4wd. Outlaws pull was sure missed last year and thier were a lot of pissed off people too. Now its a marathon of junk all day long and half the night.

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 01, 2010 02:22PM
Don't know where you went, but they don't pull during the day.

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 01, 2010 02:39PM
Last year they started pulling that junk by 6:00. Even in Missouri it is considered during the day when the sun is up for atleast 3 hours before dark.

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 01, 2010 03:01PM
I was at the pull there last year, it may not have been all the highest dollar equipment in the world, but there was no junk there. very good show!

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 01, 2010 04:05PM
I was there on friday night and saw a very good show. I personally heard the fair CEO say they was very happy with the event. Crowd turnout was good and there was a lot of good equipment on the track. What I heard was Outlaws would not be back. I dont know about Saturday Night because we had to hook at another pull but I understand that it was a good show also.

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 01, 2010 04:42PM
I pull MSTPA and I dont pull junk!! I talked to quite a few people that enjoyed the pull last year.Outlaws have no one to blame but themselves for losing both the Springfield and Sedalia fair pulls,plus lots more pulls in MO and KS.

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 01, 2010 03:59PM
I went to this pull as well and will agree it wasn't the high dollar tractors, but it was a good show, especially for a state show. Better than the MO State Fair by far! As far as having iron there, there was a lot more iron there than what was ever at an Outlaw pull. I will agree whole heartedly the Outlaws did this to themselves and I bet we don't ever see them at the Ozark Empire Fair again. This is one of the best fairs in MO. With the economy being what it has been, all fairs have had their ups and downs. But this fair has still been a fair worth attending. The people who come to this show want to see people they know pull and I would say 80% of them couldn't tell an Outlaw Pro Stock truck from a MSTPA truck if their life depended on it. They just want to see pullers show up and put on a good show. I wouldn't call Brent & Glen Long's superstock tractor "junk" by any means, considering he's one of the best engine builders in the country.

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 01, 2010 05:05PM
And we didn't have to listen to Daves stupid mother in law jokes!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2010 05:05PM by sdangus.

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 02, 2010 02:09AM
Its all about cost and you get what you pay for. Ozark Empire Fair is in trouble financially and everything is getting cut back. Its been in the local papers about the trouble the fair is in. We have showed cattle at the fair for years but not last year. They keep raising the cost to show and come to the fair yet the premiuns have been less and less. Just a few years ago they didnt have enough barns to hold all the cattle and now they were half empty last year. Yes we didnt think the pull was as good last year, but that was all the the fair could afford. Cant blame the Outlaws for not coming for less as they travel a long ways. The good thing about Outlaws is we do not get to see that kind of equipment very often around here while the pull last year had mostly local stuff that we see all the time around here. Outlaws do run the pull alot faster and the announcer sure was good. The pull last year drug out forever and we left before it was over. Just lots of disorganized stuff last year with 2 tracks and the tracks were terrible and I felt bad for some of the pullers that had to pull on that track. Even had rocks that broke the window out of the sled cab. Maybe if they get things turned around they could get the Outlaws back.

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 02, 2010 02:39AM
You had a choice last year as Outlaws were pulling just a few miles down the road on the same night as the fair.I noticed that they wont be there this year.So,if Outlaws had ran Springfield there wouldnt have been any rocks on the track.Get real,this is southern Missouri.Have you ever been to Diamond,MO?That track has more rocks than any I've ever seen.The PPL track at Wheatland,MO has rocks too.

If you want to see Outlaws in your area you have Diamond,Wheaton,or Richland to go to.I might go to Diamond again but I thought that the pull last year wasnt as good as the years before.

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 02, 2010 06:14AM
Wish we would have known about outlaws just down the road last year. We drove 2 hours to the fair to watch outlaws and after we paid to park, paid to get into the fair, bought our pulling tickets to the grandstand and when we sit down to watch we knew something was wrong. Got to talking to others in the stands and they got fooled also. Tried to get our money back and they would not refund any of it. We know better this year and will go to Richland instead. There were a few good vehicles, but mainly everyday stuff we see around home pulling. The pull was slow and disorganized and took forever. We got home at 3:00 in the morning. Not the kind of pull they have had in the past.

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 02, 2010 06:40AM
It wasn't slow they had over 100 hooks, thats why it took a while. You could have went to the Outlaw pull and saw 29 hooks of which half were trucks, and you could have saw a huge limited pro class, 4 tractors.

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 02, 2010 08:27AM
It was slow. Started at 6:00 and finished at midnight on 2 tracks. What is that about 50 hooks in 6 hours on 1 track or 1 hook every 11 minutes. Outlaws hooked 100 hooks on the Western Sweep on 1 track in 5 hours or a hook every 3 minutes. Springfield wasted 8 minutes per hook times 100 hooks = 800 minutes or 13 hours of nothing. Conssesion people really loved that show.

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 03, 2010 12:55AM
I didn't know outlaw ever had 100 hooks at one pull. Must have hooked all the classes 3 times.

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 03, 2010 01:07AM
Wisner, Ravenna, Western Sweep, Iowa St. Fair, Rock Valley... these pulls usually have big numbers. Sometimes, like Ravenna, another organization will also hook and add to the numbers, but the Outlaws flagmen still run both tracks. Outlaws run the most efficient pulls I've ever seen.

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 03, 2010 03:03AM
At the Outlaw pulls I go to they are always 30 minutes or more late starting.Then during the middle of the pull they always take a 30 minute intermission or longer.So theres 1 hour gone already.Outlaws are no faster or no slower than other groups pulls that I go to. None of them get in any hurry.

Several years ago at Ft Scott,Kansas Outlaws only had 15-16 hooks so they had to drag things out to try and make the crowd think that they got their moneys worth.It didnt work as I never talked to so many unhappy pulling fans. In 2009 Ft Scott was a MSTPA hook and it went real good,so they will be back this year.

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 03, 2010 03:59AM
Same thing with the 2008 Outlaw pull at Garnett, Ks. I remember only 1 tractor in 1 class. Lots of unhappy fans including me. It was over in a little over an hour. The promoters went a different direction with MSTPA and had a far better turn out of vehicles and the crowd was the largest I have ever seen. Standing room only. I see they are on the MSTA schedule again. I personally do not miss the Outlaws. You tell me which is better @1-2 in a class or 7-10 vehicles. Other than Mound City and Mc Louth the Outlaws are dead in Kansas. I ALSO attended the Mound City pull last year and saw a very dissapointing show of light supers which is supposed to be a largely supported class of tractors and there were 4 there, and the 2nd place tractor was a MSTPA tractor who I understand lives 20 miles away and came to help fill the class. So that is 3 Outlaw tractors out of 10-12 in their organazation. Is that class support?? I can not see how promoters can stand for this lack of support. I have heard that both Mc louth and Mound City may try something different next year. Think about how many pulls Outlaws have lost in the last few years. This includes the Missouri State Fair also. THEY LOST MONEY!!!. Thanks for listening.

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 03, 2010 01:09PM
The Nebraska and Iowa tractors dont come south much anymore so Outlaws have trouble filling their classes for the 3-4 class pulls in MO and KS.Due to the large expense,the smaller towns can only afford a 3-4 class pull.When only an average of 5-6 per class show up.it doesnt make for much of a show.

For less money MSTPA can bring a 6-8 class show and they always have 7-8 per class which makes for a nice show.I went to 4 MSTPA pulls last year and got my moneys worth each time.The diesel pickups are getting to be very popular with MSTPA and Outlaws doesnt even have a class for them.Sure,Outlaws has the higher horse pullers but it doesnt mean much when they flat dont show up.

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 04, 2010 11:16AM
Big question is how many times a night do you see the same vehicles with the 7th grader groups?
I'd rather watch a higher horsepower vehicle ONE time, than see one vehicle 6 or 8 times a night. That same vehicle is going to pull about as far with uncle Cletus on it as aunt Nell, or Pa, brother/husband Jimbob.

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 04, 2010 11:43AM
Only an IDIOT would assume a vehicle can pull 6-8 times a night!!! Most associations limit you to 2 classes. Smooth move "askerator" Grow up!!!

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 04, 2010 12:25PM
They may limit each PERSON on each vehicle to two classes per night,, so if'n you and your sister/wife sign up for two classes, we get the chance to see the same vehicle 4 times a night.
I'll not mind seeing your sister/wife a couple or four times a night, but not you !! one time'll be enough.
Then sometimes a class might be light, so then they'll allow class jumping. And if your sister counts for you, and can see there aren't enough tractors to get a check for each spot, then she'll sign you both up for a higher class, then, joy of joy's, we get to see you each another time,,,,, so that makes 6, in case you lost count.
Haven't see it happen at the previous mentioned group pulls, but a group REALLY close by there does it, as do at least 4 or 5 other MIssouri groups, and 2 or 3 in Iowa.
Matter of fact, when Outlaws allowed class jumping the SF guys that can count good, (not very many of them can, that's why Tugger brings the kids!!), made some pretty good money class jumping. Heck they could pull SF, then Outlaws was (and still ARE short of PS) so they'd jump up there and get a check, (actually TWO raised purse checks at Spencer !!!), then Outlaws used to be short on DSS, so they'd jump up there too, and draw another check. Shoot they could hook 4 or 5 times at an event and still be loaded and leaving with 4 or 5 checks in their pocket, before the first 4wd, or 2wd went down the track. And about 10 of those guys (PER CLASS) wouldn't draw a check because there were so many in each class.

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 07, 2010 12:01AM
Thats not the only reason I bring the boys, but close

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 03, 2010 09:41AM
It was slow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It was slow. Started at 6:00 and finished at
> midnight on 2 tracks. What is that about 50 hooks
> in 6 hours on 1 track or 1 hook every 11 minutes.
> Outlaws hooked 100 hooks on the Western Sweep on 1
> track in 5 hours or a hook every 3 minutes.
> Springfield wasted 8 minutes per hook times 100
> hooks = 800 minutes or 13 hours of nothing.
> Conssesion people really loved that show.

OK, how do you waste 13 hours in a 6 hour span????? Sounds like fuzzy math from carthage.

Abigail Beecher April 03, 2010 09:43AM
Where's ABIGAIL BEECHER MATH TEACHER when you need her???

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 07, 2010 12:49AM
Double the time with 2 tracks. I was there and I think it was more than 13 hours wasted.

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 01, 2010 08:44PM
You answered your own question on the State Hook for 2 wheelers [less money and no points] only ones that will show, are ones that need to test and tune or didn't have anywhere else to go!

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 06, 2010 05:30PM
I know with this fair board the Outlaws and there king won't be back at this fair ever . After what he pulled last year by putting a event on the same night down the street out of vengeance . And it doesn't look like the Airport Speedway will be having them back either .
I will agree that Mstpa is not the Outlaws but at this point MSTPA PUTS ON A GREAT STATE SHOW !
As time goes on there may not be a OTTPA if thing don't change really soon. Most business that do business the way they are go out of business ! Only time will tell .

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 07, 2010 12:56AM
Like you said MSTPA is a state show and most do not want to drive very far or pay that much to see a state show that they can see all the time for less. Outlaws must be doing something right to have that many pulls with the purse they get and the people they draw to watch. Ourtlaws filled the stands a Springfield for years and made them lots of money. The fairs financial problems were not from the pulls in the past it was all the high $ singers that nobody came to watch and you could see in Branson 40 miles away for less.

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 07, 2010 11:59AM
Outlaws pretty much lost me and others as fans back in 2007 when on the spur of the moment they decided to have a pull at Carthage,MO on the same night as a PPL pull only 30 miles away at Lockwood,MO. Carthage had never had an Outlaw pull before that and has never had one since then.

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 07, 2010 01:42PM
This is King Dougie's way of Playing Dirty Pool !!!! What a pathetic way to get even. Someone must de-throne him before the Outlaws are history!

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 07, 2010 02:44PM
It's already toooooooooooooooo late. But the king is just about gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 07, 2010 03:52PM
If you look at the big picture here THE KING has built his career aroud getting vengeances on those who cross him over and over again pullers,promoters,and customers have all felt the wrath of King Doug he must of took lessons from Neal and Brad Darrell a former OTTPA board members that did things the same way. I have and always will be a pulling fan and fan of the outlaws but because of the lack of iron at there events. I only go to two events a year now Winser Ne. and Iowa State Fair . I hope for all the good people that are in the Outlaws they will someday soon see the light and turn this around without Mr.Roberts. Because broke is broke and the OTTPA IS BROKE .
As for the Ozark Empire Fair they have always had a truck and tractor pull that has had great crowds long before the OTTPA come to town and they will this year as well and the locals will support it and MSTPA AND SMTPA as I will as well.

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 08, 2010 04:51PM
I thing you meant Neal Darnell but you are right.

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 09, 2010 12:32PM
The first pull ever held at the Ozark Empire Fair was back in August 1970. I pulled there and was lucky enough to win my class.

Re: Outlaw pull in Springfield, Missouri April 09, 2010 05:44PM
Can I ask what you pulled back then ?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,948, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,033.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009