returning calls April 01, 2010 04:33PM
Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble getting ahold of gms in ohio. I have tryed calling them several times in the last two weeks and left messages several times and have not heard back. Are they only interested in big money jobs.

Re: returning calls April 02, 2010 12:06AM
your not the only one who is having that same problem!

Re: returning calls April 02, 2010 08:26AM
Gets to the point where, do you want your parts or do you want to tie Brent up on the phone all day shooting the bs with tire kicking customers that never intend to buy anything? Ever think of that? Why do you think you sometimes get an "attitude" from some of the big suppliers? Because they are tired of getting bothered and want to get work done.

Re: returning calls April 02, 2010 09:17AM
Most people in a BUSINESS like that have "people" for that.
Now if it is just a hobby, then, yes, the owner spends time away from getting work done when he is on the phone.
If they truely ARE "big", then they have "people" and the dang phone gets answered.
Otherwise, it is a full time hobby.

Re: returning calls April 05, 2010 04:26AM
then hire a sectary like the rest of us do or do like pro fab does answer the phone from 9:00 to 11:00

Re: returning calls not the only company that does it!! April 02, 2010 09:56AM
i have call 4 suppliers in the last week have cash in hand, not 100 bucks thousands and can not get call returned such bullshit just move on if you look there are other company's that want to work.

Re: returning calls April 02, 2010 10:11AM
Call Castners, they returned my call within minutes and talked for over half an hour. Seemed like a really nice guy!

Re: returning calls April 02, 2010 02:15PM
I talked with Brent today, he is swamped beyond belief. He said he never thought he would ever be this busy, and yes he is in the shop all the time. Brent also told me alot of the suppliers are behind and it is out of his control at that point. Now maybe you see why you order parts in the fall and not 4 weeks before a pull. Your going to wait anywhere you go.....Travis McKnight

Re: returning calls April 02, 2010 04:38PM
Listen if a company is that darn busy and cant return calls they should be making enouph money to hire someone to do this for them or they will lose buisness. I am in a diffrent field of providing service to my customers, making excuses for not retuning my customers calls would result in lost buissnes. At lest I call my customers back and tell them if I can or cant provide them what they need and why and possibly gide them to someone that can help i recommend. Honesty is the best policy! (MR ANSWER they must be calling you back I bet you spend the big bucks there your tire kicking comment is such bull not everyone can call a builder with 80,000 and say just build it and call me when its done. Us newbees on limited budgets have to call and ask ? to these builders and not calling back is BS. How do they know if the call will generate a sale or not. I can tell you not calling back will generate a big fat goose egg.

Re: returning calls April 03, 2010 01:45AM
We have a shop that does work for us that got really well known for doing Mustang race engines. The boss said that even though he had a guy that answered the phone everyone that called wanted to talk to the boss. He said he could never get anything done because he was on the phone all day long.

S'no Farmer

Re: returning calls April 03, 2010 03:13AM
Bottom line is you can't please everyone. Good for Brent that business is doing so well!!! I know of at least 3 suppliers that all have told me directly that 90% of the time its useless having a someone else there to answer the phone anyway because they all want to talk to the "boss" anyway. I've been around pulling for over 25 years and I would have to say the guy that impressed me the most was Tim Engler. My brother called them needing some transmission parts for our john deere. Tim wasn't available at the time, so we left a message and sure enough, a day later, Tim called us back, and apologized for not getting back to us sooner. He is probably the most considerate person I have ever spoken to and we hadn't spent one penny with him.

Re: returning calls April 03, 2010 04:20AM
Riverside always answers their phone, if not calls back within a hour or so they make good stuff and have good service, I have left several messages for Brent over the last months never heard a word back. So I am going wiith Riverside.

Re: returning calls April 03, 2010 04:30AM
This is the stupidest topic I have ever read in awhile

Re: returning calls April 03, 2010 04:58AM
I guessing that by your name "TWD" you pull a truck and you also don"t realize that us tractor pullers can't open a Summit or Jegs Catalog and order parts for our engines.

Re: returning calls April 03, 2010 04:59AM
Look at it this way, if Brent is swamped, what good would it do to answer your call. He wouldn't be able to help you anyway. So, from his perspective, he is not really throwing anything away. Now if it wasn't going good for him and he ignores you, that is simething different. Brent and Dennis both are good and as concientious a people as there is. So, really what are you out? Go to the next builder who has time to fit you in, realizing that there is a reason that GMS is so busy. JW

Re: returning calls April 03, 2010 05:54PM
Everyone needs to get a grip!!! Brent is a respectful professional builder, if you have an issue take it up with him, don't broadcast your problems on here! I personally have dealt with the entire GMS crew and you won't find better people to deal with. Don't wait until it's time to go pulling and expect builder's to drop everything to answer the phone when they are the one's that are getting the work done!

Re: returning calls April 03, 2010 10:05PM
I think most of you fail to realize that it is only a few weeks from the start of the season in most area's of the country and if you would have called at the end of last year or in early winter you would have gotten in line for parts. Guys like brent have a great product and have customers from around the country so work backs up. I do agree that the phone calls not being returned is a problem regardless of how buzy they are. I will say that its a good thing that the builders are so buzy because it ensures there survival in these slow times in our country. I would also like to say that I have called Robby Crutchfield at just about every hour of the day and have never once been rushed or ignored. Robby is a great guy with great people skills. I hope more of you can do work with him. There is no doubt that Brent is a great builder and a great guy I know him personally and wish nothing but the best for him. Its just that time of year and everyone needs to settle down.

Re: returning calls April 04, 2010 02:25PM
no mater what builder you chose this late in the game if you need major engine parts maybe you will get it running by next season. or they can lie and tell you will have it in 3 weeks for 6 mouths. good luck

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,731, Posts: 229,864, Members: 3,332.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member WestonFarms