Rockwell,Iowa Pull April 03, 2010 11:56AM
Hey Pullers! Having pretty good success with sponsorship. We are debating if having an add on purse for the 4 classes we have both nights would generate any more pullers? It would be for combined points for the 2 nights. Looking at maybe something around $600 per class not sure. Just looking to put on the best show for our sponsors and of course the FANS!!!! All input is appreciated. Also starting to put promotional pictures together for tickets,posters,brochures ect. if you are planning on pulling in Rockwell on July 9&10 and have a good picture of your ride. Please send a picture to me at timn@netins.net for us to consider. Thanks LionT

Re: Rockwell,Iowa Pull April 04, 2010 04:22PM
Tim, one thing for sure, more money will not turn anyone away! Extra money will always be remembered, and can sometimes tip a scale on a competitor coming to your event or another the same weekend. Likewise, will be remembered in years to come on decisions on places to attend, and recommend to friends and other competitors.
Happy top hear the sponsor search is going well.
See you at the event. I'll be one of the people in the white shirt and pants. At least they start out white.

Re: Rockwell,Iowa Pull April 05, 2010 02:09PM
HP,

You talk of being in the white pants and shirt at the end of the track?

Tell us one thing........
Will the shirt tail be tucked or waiving in the wind?

You gonna have any of the "X" outlaw techs helping you?

Re: Rockwell,Iowa Pull April 05, 2010 04:26PM
Good question on the shirt tails. Depends on if I get to working on how far it is around for the shirt to cover. Rule book says I can't use tarp straps, so I may use duct tape or maybe velcro ,,,,,, I did ask about a white jump suit, but that got over ruled. Unless I start selling ice cream. I think the Wisconsin guys can bring some cheese and ice cream and we can make that work. I'll need one of those paper hats too.
We in fact do have some former OTTPA tech help.
A new Minnesota guy will be helping tech and his wife is trained for entry clerk.
Ben is back and tested and approved for 2010. Bear didn't make it to school, but we are hoping he returns for 2011! He has been known to help on the lazer stand, so hoping to see him some this summer.
Robbie is back and ready for action. (he has the turbo kit right now too,,, hint, hint).
Can't wait for summer !!!!!
I hope to be helping at some GN events with a orange mod. He doesn't bring many shovels to lean on, so I think I'll be the official wheel chock, and back up Barney wheel man. Mountain Dew consumer, and supper plate cleaner upper. I'll be the one with the wet towel around my neck.

Re: Rockwell,Iowa Pull April 06, 2010 01:00PM
HP, you should drive by and see Barney in the front row with the bright orange FOR SALE sign in the window. Now we need tugger and the boys to help name the new ride.

Re: Rockwell,Iowa Pull April 06, 2010 03:04PM
So me an Coil gotta fight for driving rights on the new rig?
I lingered too long to steer Barney???
But, no I'm not interested in tradin' for the W9.

Re: Rockwell,Iowa Pull April 07, 2010 12:02AM
Dustin and Tommy are up for the challange, but we also wanted to paint his rocker covers pink...................

Re: Rockwell,Iowa Pull April 07, 2010 11:26AM
HP, Maybe I can get some purple stripes on the new rig so you won't feel like you missed out. And 1 W9 is all I can afford.

Tugger, Pink would not have matched the others. Wouldn't expect you do do all 3 sets! Plus it would not have matched the orange fenders. And Hp might have gotten confused and tried to lick the dirt from them.

Re: Rockwell,Iowa Pull April 05, 2010 10:14AM
What classes do you have?

Re: Rockwell,Iowa Pull April 05, 2010 12:57PM
Go to; www.ntpapull.com
then click on schedules
then select NATIONAL schedule
Look for R O C K W E L L I O W A
There is a guide at the top and bottom of the pages explaining abbreviations for each class.

Re: Rockwell,Iowa Pull April 05, 2010 03:53PM
July 9th- FWD,TWD,HVY SST Diesel,SF,MOD
July 10th- FWD,TWD , HVY SST Diesel,SF,SEMI,LSST, Pull what you drove

Thanks for your interest

Re: Rockwell,Iowa Pull April 06, 2010 12:08PM
What about paying your pullers SHOW UP MONEY? instead of a points system. $600 per class would probably give each pulling vehicle $50 or so. this would help every puller with feul money and more insentivy for more pullers to come. just my 2 cents.

Re: Rockwell,Iowa Pull April 07, 2010 10:14AM
and if I can only be there one night, the points thing hurts me then

Re: Rockwell,Iowa Pull April 07, 2010 05:18PM
al, It would not hurt you because it is a separate purse for combined two night pull. You would still be competing for the single night purse. This is just one thought we are thinking about doing to add excitement and give some back to the ones that are the show.

Re: Rockwell,Iowa Pull April 07, 2010 05:24PM
you don't want many for the single class hook do you? give the guy who only has one hook a reason to show, the two hook classes will be there regardless for pts, can't afford to miss 2 hooks, my advice to Al, skip this one...

Re: Rockwell,Iowa Pull April 07, 2010 05:35PM
Wow never thought of it that way! Thanks That's why i'm asking for ideas

Re: Rockwell,Iowa Pull April 08, 2010 05:42AM
The one hook classes will either be there or not, $50 each to show up won't change that. I am not saying do or don't add money for them I am just saying it won't make a difference number wise.

As for the 2 day classes, there will be alot of vehicles in those classes that are not chasing points.

One thing to remember as a promoter, you won't please everyone. And it looks like you are trying to do something different the other region hooks wont have and pullers remember that.

Re: Rockwell,Iowa Pull April 08, 2010 02:25PM
AV are you going to rockwell or rock valley that weekend?

Re: Rockwell,Iowa Pull April 08, 2010 02:35PM
Rockwell, I will be a region 5 member and am a sponsor of the Rockwell pull. Nothing against the Rock Valley guys, it pains both our families to have to have skip it this year. But Rockwell is 15 miles from our business and I need to support the guys that support us.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,948, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,033.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009