"Test and Tunes" in Illinois April 05, 2010 11:32AM
Does anybody know of any dates/locations for any "test and tune pulls" near east/central Illinois?? I know the NATPA has one in Mendon, but that's a long drive for us.... We need to test our new 5500# antique for this years ITPA circuit.

If not, does anybody know of any test tracks that sled operators offer??

Thanks alot!
The Cavalier Pulling Team

Re: "Test and Tunes" in Illinois April 06, 2010 12:05AM
There is one in Warsaw IN on April 24 sponsored by dougsdieselperformance I live near Joliet and was planning on going to it if my tractor is done. Other ones i know of are in Beckmeyer IL on June 5 and Dubuque IA on May 15

Re: "Test and Tunes" in Illinois April 06, 2010 12:17AM
What flavor are you running? Will it be in the Classic or Antique division?

Re: "Test and Tunes" in Illinois April 06, 2010 05:01AM
I'm gonna be pulling in the Classics, I've got a 1952 Massey Harris 55 that was campaigned by Carl Warfel until a couple years ago.. What class do you pull?

Re: "Test and Tunes" in Illinois April 06, 2010 10:03AM
when is the test and tune in menden il

Re: "Test and Tunes" in Illinois April 06, 2010 12:08PM
the pull in Mendon, IL is on June 11th and 12th, it's sponosred by the NATPA

check out www.natpa.com for more info...

Re: "Test and Tunes" in Illinois April 06, 2010 10:39AM
I pull in the ITPA classic division. I run a MM UB. It will be good to see a different shade of red out there, bring a little more variety to the class. Good luck with getting your tractor ready. Hopefully we'll see you at Cerro Gordo. Where abouts are you from?

Brock Casteel

Re: "Test and Tunes" in Illinois April 06, 2010 12:15PM
Well, nice to meet you! I'm sure we'll being seeing alot of each other this summer. hah

We're from up in Peotone, just north of Kankakee (about 1.5 hours north of Champaign).

I know what you mean about seeing a different shade, not many Massey's pulling in this neck of the woods!
Hey, if you don't mind do you have a e-mail or something so if I have some questions until I get my feet wet I could maybe shoot you a question or two, or if you have any advise for the new guy? That would be great.. hah.

See you in Cerro Gordo...

Corey Johnson
"Cavalier Pulling Team"

Re: "Test and Tunes" in Illinois April 06, 2010 12:41PM
No problem my email is bcasteel@topflightgrain.com if you have any questions. Do you have any pictures of your tractor?

Re: "Test and Tunes" in Illinois April 06, 2010 01:13PM
Brock,

Here is the tractor... this is what she looked like in November when I bought it. It went under a complete mechanical go-through this winter and is now getting painted, so she'll look REAL PRETTY for this year's ITPA season! hahah

Re: "Test and Tunes" in Illinois April 06, 2010 04:20PM
Hey Corey glad to hear the old "55" is going to be back on the track this year! I was just wondering about it the other day after talking to Carl. I hope you have a lot of fun and maybe some success this year with her! Love seeing another Massey on the track!

Nathan Barrett
Seein' Red

Re: "Test and Tunes" in Illinois April 06, 2010 04:34PM
Hey, thanks for the support!! haha

I'm sure we'll have a great time this summer, make sure you all stop by to some ITPA pulls and come introduce yourself!
After talking with Carl and all them I can't wait to get the "55" down the track, and we'll show them the REAL shade of red!

Re: "Test and Tunes" in Illinois April 07, 2010 06:22PM
Hey! If you or anybody you know of has a Facebook you can become a fan and follow the Cavalier this summer!

[www.facebook.com]

or just search "The Cavalier Pulling Team"

Re: "Test and Tunes" in Illinois April 08, 2010 12:16AM
Since you are from Peotone, which is where i went to high school and now live in manhattan, i thought i would tell you about another test and tune on fathers day in between yorkville and morris. My buddy puts it on and it is mostly pickups but im sure if you wanted to hook your 55 a few times you could. I plan on hooking my tractor there as well, last year there were a few tractors there. Let me know if you are interested and ill get you more info. Jim

Re: "Test and Tunes" in Illinois April 08, 2010 03:27AM
Hey, thanks for the heads-up... If you could get me the info on the test pull and/or give me your buddies contact info that would be great! we would definitely like to hook the 55 a couple of times!

Thanks, Corey

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,948, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,033.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009