Anyone in the field yet??????? April 06, 2010 04:34AM
Just came in to eat a little lunch and was wondering if anyone has gotten into the field yet. I am putting new teeth on my applicator and hope to put on a little amonia tomorrow. It is still a little heavy down here in So Indiana. They have rain perdicted for tomorrow but who knows maybe it will miss us for once. Anyone get started already?

Re: Anyone in the field yet??????? April 06, 2010 05:15AM
yeah we got started friday we put on around 50 acres of amonia and worked about 80. then the rain came friday night and shut us down. waiting for it to dry out again. im down by st.louis

Re: Anyone in the field yet??????? April 06, 2010 05:42AM
Here in southeast Nebraska finnally people are getting some fertilizer on, including wheat, and a little field and dirt work. Luckily missed last nights rain at my place by about 20 miles or less. Hopefully miss tonite's chance and might get somemore things done before corn goes in the ground in about a week to ten days.

Re: Anyone in the field yet??????? April 06, 2010 05:57AM
Here in nothern Wisconsin dry we need rain. Seeded alfalfa last week working the ground for corn and beans but way to early to plant.

Re: Anyone in the field yet??????? April 06, 2010 12:57PM
Everyone is running hard here in western MO knifing in anhydrous and planting corn.Rain in eastern KS headed this way.

Re: Anyone in the field yet??????? April 06, 2010 01:26PM
Here in east central Mo. wind blew hard all day 80 degrees dried alot, but water standing in ruts from last fall, water oozes out of ground when you walk on it. Rained 1.5 inches Friday nite and again on Sunday evening with hail. Tried to mow the yard today only got stuck twice.

Re: Anyone in the field yet??????? April 06, 2010 02:43PM
Southeastern IL here, lots of NH3 going on tiled ground and sand, along with lots of floater sprayers running. We planted 15 acres of corn last Thursday on some sandy ground to make sure everything's adjusted right.

Re: Anyone in the field yet??????? April 06, 2010 02:53PM
We are under a severe thunderstorm watch for tonite. Since it rained on Easter Sunday, I hope that doesn't mean rain the next 7 Sundays, if so this will be the 3rd wet spring in a row. I hate the mud!

Re: Anyone in the field yet??????? April 06, 2010 03:52PM
Here southwest Wi we have been seeding and finishing up combining corn that we couldn't get to all winter. Got the bottom ground dug but have had two days of good heavy rain and another day coming. Alfalfa is looking great! Good luck to all this year have a safe planting and pulling season!!

Re: Anyone in the field yet??????? April 06, 2010 09:24PM
In the "Thumb" of Michigan, there are guys who have had their sugar beets in the ground for almost 2 weeks now. Its gotta be some sort of record for around here. We are currently getting some MUCH needed rain.

Re: Anyone in the field yet??????? April 07, 2010 05:48AM
Here in northern Indiana, the wheat is all topdressed. Ammonia started over the weekend. A couple corn planters running, but not hard. Just enough to say they did it. Still plenty early, but at least if this turns out to be a practice run there is still time to replant and end up with great yields.

Re: Anyone in the field yet??????? April 07, 2010 06:04AM
Here in New York people are getting started. Some work is being done but planting won't be done for a while. Some people got some fall plowing in and are getting the discs and cultivators out of the barns. Lots of rock picking to do...always lots of rock picking to do.

Re: Anyone in the field yet??????? April 07, 2010 08:02AM
In Northern Illinois, its been basically raining since late in the day sunday. There is a guy that has 700 acres in the ground. Was rolling with a 48 row, and a 36. Another did 40 acres, they are the only ones I know of around the area.

Jared

Re: Anyone in the field yet??????? April 07, 2010 08:57AM
i would think it is a little early yet for corn. could still get a frost in may and with all this rain the ground cant be warm enough

Re: Anyone in the field yet??????? April 07, 2010 09:01AM
300-400 IN THE GROUND TWO WEEKS BEHIND IN NORTH AL

Re: Anyone in the field yet??????? April 07, 2010 10:03AM
Just finished plowing 3 gardens (really small fields) here in North central Indiana. does that count? We even used a 2-16 behind the compact diesel lol

Re: Anyone in the field yet??????? April 07, 2010 11:46AM
Central Iowa.More Combines running than anything else.Ran NH3 for two days,than the rain started again.Almost 2 inches since Sunday.

Re: Anyone in the field yet??????? April 07, 2010 01:05PM
what kind of condition is the corn in. is it still standing where abouts the moisture?

Re: Anyone in the field yet??????? April 07, 2010 01:14PM
Had 30 acres we finished in southern iowa last thursday and it ran 166 bu/acre at 14.2% moisture with a 62 lb. test weight.

Re: Anyone in the field yet??????? April 07, 2010 02:39PM
We sowed oats on the 30th and 31st of March in western WI

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,749, Posts: 229,894, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,088, Posts: 225,997.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM