help with the steering problem April 07, 2010 09:24AM
i was wonder if anyone good give me some help i took the stock front end off a jd 4840 and built a light one now im trying to run the steering with a cylinder dose anyone know if i can hook it up to the stock steering lines or do i have to do something else? i have tryed a few thing but either the wheels turn to fast or they turn to dam slow didnt know if anyone as ever tryed this or should i do something else for the steering thanks

Re: help with the steering problem April 08, 2010 02:40PM
Your stock steering has a feed back cylinder in it. it has to all hooked up as stock or it will not work. option is to install closed centre steering pump in column and connect to cylinders on front axle. Have any questions ask more on here be glad to answer. Call JD dealer and they can also help you out also.

Re: help with the steering problem April 09, 2010 03:57AM
thanks turbo do u think i could get ur number this is my buddys trator i will have him give u a ring we have tryed the jd dealer but they dont seem to want to help us at all thanks again

Re: help with the steering problem April 09, 2010 04:05AM
Most J.D. dealers anymore are parts changers and really have no clue how things work. Sad!
If you find a good one, tip the wrench well.

Re: help with the steering problem April 09, 2010 01:40PM
I used a stock steering cylinder off a 6600 jd combined on my 6030. hooked the stock lines up and it works just fine.

Re: help with the steering problem April 10, 2010 03:15PM
That will work on older tractors with big steering valve under dash, but not with newer styles with feedback cyl in steering motor for valve block under hood. leave you number i will call you back, for more info thanks.

Re: help with the steering problem April 10, 2010 11:51PM
585 943 9238 thanks

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,695, Posts: 229,800, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,956.

Our newest member CBeard