466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 07, 2010 11:23AM
SOUTHWEST WISCONSIN 466 CLASS GENERAL RULES

11,000lb. and 12,000lb. classes

466 cubic inch limit

3000rpm limit

10mm inline a-pump max. allowed on any tractor.
Ambac model 100 13mm max.
No p-pumps.
No alternative fuels such as nitrous, propane, or alcohol.

1 completely unaltered turbo @ 2.3inch intake and 2.75inch exhaust or smaller (example 3LM 466) or 1 @ 2.5inch intake and 2.75inch exhaust with an intake reducer slug reduced down to 2.25inch intake (example 3LM 466 special) Reason for 2.25 inch is with the bigger turbo you already have an advantage over a smaller one.
No turbo to exceed 2.5 inch intake if reducer slug is removed.
No slotted or grooved turbos.
Round intake only.
$500 turbo buy-out for any persons expected of having a non-compliant turbo.

20.8-38 or 18.4-42 tire size limit max.

20inch drawbar height max.

No intercoolers or ice boxes.
Exhaust pipe must be strait in the air.

Must have air kill switch, wheelie bars, and cross bolts in bottom of exhaust stack.
All other safety equipment allowed.

Any positive feed back would be nice, THANKS

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 07, 2010 01:12PM
how do you expect to be able to tell what size pump is being run??

i would think that it would be even harder to police than the cubic inch limits.

just my 2cents

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 08, 2010 01:56AM
After reading the rules for your hotfarm class I think its going to be hard police the 10mm pump rule and the 466 cube rule just my 2 cents worth best of luck to you

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 08, 2010 02:28AM
If you just want an other 466 class why not just build it to Badger state rules. If you want farm stock then just be farm stock and go pulling to enjoy it rather then making rules for your tractor so you can win.

After reading all these post I start to wonder if anybody goes to a pull anymore just to have fun or if it all comes down to winning. I pulled in the farm stock class a few years ago and had my a$$ handed to me, but that didn't bother me in. I had fun. I still think the eisest way to police this "farm" class is to give the top three pullers a ribbon and then 4th place puller on down gets the money.
Sorry for the rant just airing my opinion.
Chucky

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 08, 2010 11:14AM
If you can police the class it would be a great semi-hot farm class good luck

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 08, 2010 12:08PM
Thats exactly what it is semi-hot farm. And tractors that have pump work, different turbos and various other alterations arnt allowed to pull in the farm class, nor do most of us even want to.

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 08, 2010 01:51PM
You guys should look at South Central Wisconsin's group, they have almost the same rules. 466 cid, A pump, and 2.6 turbo, 3000 rpm, 10,500 pounds. www.wipullers.com

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 08, 2010 04:02PM
Its a semi hot farm class with no safety but a tractor running 500hp at 3000 rpm would never blow up anyway right?! Sport is hard enough to insure lets not make it harder!!

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 09, 2010 12:43AM
where do you pull a case(504) or V8 (1468,MF ,Oliver), 6030,or any other brand bigger than 466, make another class, how many classes can you have? You have Speace, Kaiser, another case being got ready from Blanchard ville,1030 from Potosi all are stock bigger than 466

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2010 12:47AM by Mark.

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 09, 2010 01:38AM
Most everywhere else you go has two different classes based on cubic inch like 466 and 640... So my point is this: you are saying that it is not fair that big cube tractors cant pull with the small cube tractors but it is fair to put all the small cube tractors with the big cube tractors????? I dont understand that. Maybe the bigger cube guys could do the same thing and put a simple class together also.

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 09, 2010 02:01PM
from what i've seen over the past couple of years, I KNOW of some 466 tractors; both green and red; that run all over some 640 tractors!!!!

so is there a need for two classes based on cubic inch? probably not.

divide the classes by pumps. A-pump or P-pump.

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 11, 2010 02:41AM
I totally agree....seperate the pumps. A case with a 504 is equal to a ih466 or a deere 466, you cannot justify your class seperations....morons!!!

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 10, 2010 04:01AM
In a true farm class all sizes pull against each other. 466 is conveint for JD and IH all ready there, should you have a smmaller class for 401,407,354,360 etc. you cant have a class for every tractor 4020s dont want to pull against any thing bigger or a 4cyl turbo with less horse. what you poeple dont understand is you got2 run tractors together what you pull is your choice big or small. rpm, pump, turbo,all these limit and keep it fair. and if you have to a speed limit. What is going to happen is every pull is going to have different rules to accomadate pullers from there or pullers who help with that pull, results in arguing ( ishouldnt have to pull against him or I should be in this class or that class). pull tractors where they belong and ifg some one starts to dominate address it right away, limit a domintating tractor to less rpms or slower somthing to even it up dont make a new clas pretty soon youll have 20 classes( stock, improved stock,hot stock farm 2 hot 2 farm hot farm pro farm etc) simple is better.

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 11, 2010 02:27AM
Last year everywhere we hooked had different rules for their "Too hot to farm class". We asked someone one nite what are the rules he said I don't care you make them! So a bunch of us got together this winter & this is what we came up with. Kamps is about the only tractor that I can think of that would not be included in this class because of cubes, Kaiser has always pulled farmstock. If they would like to call John, I think that we would all work with them & let them in they might have to run less rpm's are something to compensate. We were all just tired of having different rules every week!

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 12, 2010 08:34AM
I think as long as they are running the 3lm like the rest of us and put them at 2750 rpms it should work. I am sure any tractor that came big cubed out of the factory have a bigger charger than this but if we are going to give up cubes they should have to give a little back.

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 13, 2010 12:48PM
so how bout a 401 you saying they should run 3250rpm? IMO if there are set displacement rules and you bend them for over cubed engines then by rites you should do the same for under cubed engines.

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 14, 2010 12:35AM
Ok what about the 1066s that are still 414 or the 1466 and 1566 that are still 436. What about 4430s that are still 404. People come on we cant make a different set of rules for every tractor that is made out there. We just have a few guys that are over on cubes that we are trying to figure out a way to let them hook. I am not trying to argue with anybody about this cause pulling season is only a month away and we dont have nothing figured out yet so maybe we need to get together and get a list of pulls that we all want to partake in and get things rolling. If we dont get together i wish everone a safe and fun tractor pulling season. Chadd Yager

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 14, 2010 01:48AM
back to you mark, if nobody wants a cube limit, and you say just limit turbo, pump, and rpms just like the past years to allow more tractors, then can the tractors without a factory a-pump still run one? or does it have to be stock appearing for that make? Just wondering what everyone thinks about that topic??? The whole point of trying to get this class going was so anyone could bolt a 466ci and an a-pump in if they wanted to -in tractors that dont have them like a 966, 1066, 1466, 4320, and 4430 -just to name a few.

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 15, 2010 10:23AM
Your rules are just detuned South CentralTractors, years ago we made the first 2hot2 farm 3000rpms , p pumps2750 or lower,20.8x38or18.42 limit or any size with factory cast. your basically have same rules other than you want nothing bigger than 466 . Case has 504,MF has 510 540 640, oliver white MM 480,585 636, V-8 IH 550. not many of these pulling but if 1 shows up do you want make another class? or if a big bore shows up from somewhere (IA) is it fair for them to pull not others.There already is SCTs,Mannings group, Rupp wants a 466 class for Beavans and some ofthe other tractors aroundSchuester,Smithson.Scheckel, schwartz(maybe aclas last name starts with S just kidding). need to uniform rules and pull together less classes everybody wants certain tractors not in thier class make another class make rules so everyone can pull to gether

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 14, 2010 10:37PM
how bout a ford with a 474? not arguing just asking

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 15, 2010 02:53AM
01dmax in case you havent noticed yet this is strictly a "RED & GREEN 466" class for a select few in the extreme SW corner of WI. So dont bother with trying to get any other type of color in there. This is no different then the crap the guys in the Richland cty area are pulling. Its very simple, either get a red or green 466 or stay home!!!!!!! All pulling problems solved for the day in the beloved "RED & GREEN 466 classes here in SW WI. Let the bashing begin.Angry

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 15, 2010 03:48AM
I assume your post was supposed to be humorous, "FYI"...

I found a little bit of humor in it and vomited a little bit, too (because it was true...), and you're right in your diagnosis of this class. We COULD build a Ford with a 456 to compete in that class, but there would be some tractor racist down there finding some way to say it's illegal.

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 16, 2010 01:49AM
someone should pass the hat and take up a donation to buy tissues for these guys that feel sorry for themselves for not having a DEERE or IH -or at least lend them a shoulder to cry on

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 16, 2010 02:00AM
Why not pass it for JDs and IHs if it isnt 466 it shouldnt be. put a 466 in a 4020 its ok put a5.9 in a oliver or a 640 in a 1150 mf its not legal

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 16, 2010 06:48AM
we have a similar class in vt/ neastern ny we havnt put a cube limit on it its too hard too police i agree that all colors should be able to pull and compete on a somewhat limited budget but it always boils down to if you wanna play u gotta pay.

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 16, 2010 12:39PM
thats right mark. the tissues are for the red and green cry babies. whatever happened to just going to a pull and having FUN? now its whoever wins alot we need to make a class to get it so that person cant pull. i think you guys should grow up and get your checkbook out or stay on the porch. pulling isnt even fun anymore because there are too many whiners. so lets make a class for ALL colors to run. if they have bigger cubes stock, take yours to the shop and make it bigger,. it just sucks that we all cant get along and just pull for fun.

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 16, 2010 12:52PM
I know of some places that run a 466 cubic inch limited, 3lm box charge, 3500 rpms, with a 17 mile an hour speed limit. Also the type of pump that came with that make and model of tractor. IH can run model 100, Ford had the Simms, John Deere has the Bosch A pump. If a tractor came with more cubes, than it runs the charger that came on it from factory and pump. Most people don't like the speed limited, but it keeps it close. With very littled money invested these tractors will run 7th gear and that is plenty fast for a hot farm class.

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 16, 2010 02:18PM
Funny you should mention that "cry" because when you green & red guys dont get your way there isn't enough tissue in the world to wipe away your tears!!! Besides whos crying???? FYI was simply stating facts and by the sounds of your comments it must have struck a nerve with you. And the best part is when you stick up for the red ones your actually sticking up for the blue ones beings new holland bought caseih a few yrs back. I bet you're a green man though which takes very little effort to make run and parts are readily available. If you're such a genius then maybe should pick a brand that requires some brain power to make run and not what everyone else is doing.

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 17, 2010 12:56AM
I agree at Darlington willnot be cube limit or maybe just have South Central they run both

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 17, 2010 01:58AM
pretty much the only difference between last year and our idea was a cube limit and obviously not too many people agree with it cause it leaves too many tractors out so forget about the cube limit then because by the sounds of it there is already gonna be a 466 hot farm class this year that mark was talking about. So people can jump in that class or just pull in the too hot class that already exists. what are the class specs for hot farm??

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 17, 2010 02:17AM
Ok if we are going to keep everything the same like stock appearing pump, ptos, hydraulics, 3lm charger, or an can a IH put a A-pump on. I have no problem leaving things the same and let everyone run togeather but there has to be some stipulations. If we are going to make things fare for any tractor that wants to come we have to have some type of speed limit. I know people say that they dont want to have to piss with mphs but we have to start somewhere. Cause if we let it be a free for all there is only going to be a handfull of winners all year and those are the kind of things that drive people out of this sport. This is spose to be something where a bunch of grown men and women can get together every pull and drink beer and have a good time, but it also comes down to if people are going to load up and haul 1 or 2 hours away we have to let everyone have a chance at a little prize money.

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 17, 2010 04:51AM
more tractors bigger purse, I dont like speed limits either but it makes everything easier.

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 17, 2010 06:41AM
I agree chadd, just wondering what kinda speed limit you thinkin?

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 17, 2010 01:16PM
why not 3000 rpm Apump 3lm 12 mph? do you have to run cast or is pressed steel o.k. just a thought. how much more even and cheaper can that be?

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 17, 2010 06:11PM
Just for your info the boys in richland center did allow the big cube to run and nobody was crying when the massey won the churning dirt class or allowed todd vesbach to run his 1066 with 540 cube.

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 18, 2010 12:24PM
The only problem with A pump is that we have a few guys with p pumps that have been running a few years. But i think 12mph is a good speed. You should not have to spend a lot of money. We could probably even go 15mph but i think if you start running that kind of speed we should address some safety features.

Re: 466 CLASS RULES SW WISCONSIN April 19, 2010 12:31AM
i believe that making it a 10 - 12 mph class will make it a drivers class, in effect cubes and pumps won't be an advantage. If someone is cleaning up at everypull then some changes will need to be made, but i dont beleive it will happen.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,948, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,033.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009