Anyone Have Pictures Of A 360 Degree Crank Pulley Shield April 27, 2010 06:34AM
I purchased a tractor that has no 360 degree crank pulley shield.I guess some pulling groups dont require this.Its going to be tough to build one as the tractor has a sensor to the crank plus a belt going down driving the oil pump and fuel pump.It will need a hole cut plus has to be notched for the belt.

If anyone had a picture it would be appreciated.Thanks.There isnt another tractor to look at for 60 miles and I really dont have the time due to long hours at my job-etc.

Re: Anyone Have Pictures Of A 360 Degree Crank Pulley Shield April 27, 2010 01:50PM
Getcha bout 14" piece of casing. Then get the gas axe out and start notchin!!!!!!!

Re: Anyone Have Pictures Of A 360 Degree Crank Pulley Shield April 27, 2010 04:11PM
Not trying to be sarcastic, but what are the chances of someone having a shield on their tractor that is the same set up as yours? Like the guy said, Get the gas axe, a grinder, and some imagination fabrication, and you will have a shield.

Re: Anyone Have Pictures Of A 360 Degree Crank Pulley Shield April 28, 2010 03:28AM
I thought frame rail and hood counted for top half.

Re: Anyone Have Pictures Of A 360 Degree Crank Pulley Shield April 28, 2010 04:34AM
For what 6th grader group are you talking about?
Hood??? serious? Is your hood 1/4" material???????
No wonder insurance rates are so high !!
I suppose you still tuck your fire pants into your cowboy boots too?
They's leather, they cain't burn dagone it!

Re: Anyone Have Pictures Of A 360 Degree Crank Pulley Shield April 28, 2010 04:39AM
Whats wrong with your firepants in your cowboy boots??? Thought that was how you were supposed to do it!!

Re: Anyone Have Pictures Of A 360 Degree Crank Pulley Shield April 28, 2010 07:22AM
If you think, those "car driver, pedal sensetive, tight on your feet" shoes offer a serious protection against heat, you're on the wrong path.
Fire protection is a mixture of fire resistance AND thickness (distance of fire to the skin). Leather boots can do a way better job in this, than the typical "driver's shoes".
Look what a welder or the fire fighters wear - they have to deal with heat and don't need their senses to operate the pedals of a race car.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Anyone Have Pictures Of A 360 Degree Crank Pulley Shield April 28, 2010 05:08AM
Our group requires a complete 360 shield thats at least .125 thick. A .250 one would be better.

Re: Anyone Have Pictures Of A 360 Degree Crank Pulley Shield April 28, 2010 06:51AM
I think at one time if your dampner was sfi spec 18.1 it did not need to be sheilded. Worth checking though. Pictures are worth 1000 words for ideas on how someone else might have done something could be help fun

Re: Anyone Have Pictures Of A 360 Degree Crank Pulley Shield April 28, 2010 08:17AM
Somtimes you guys act like you would give the shirt off your back too help another puller out !!
Then like now a simple question for help was asked and you make fun of him !!

Re: Anyone Have Pictures Of A 360 Degree Crank Pulley Shield April 28, 2010 09:53AM
Hey there amazing, brush up on your comprehension skills!
I wuz makin' fun of the first ANSWER to the question, NOT the O.P.'s question! There is a HUGE differance.

Re: Anyone Have Pictures Of A 360 Degree Crank Pulley Shield April 28, 2010 11:43AM
[www.bigbaddodge.com]
scroll down a little.. there is a pic with and without out the shield..
Maybe a little over kill.. but very nice... if you had a belt drive, you could just notch it to fit over the belt.. at least at idea, what someone else is using

Re: Anyone Have Pictures Of A 360 Degree Crank Pulley Shield April 28, 2010 02:07PM
sort of off topic here, but just curious.....are the fire suits made of Nomex, or similar material? I have Nomex uniforms for work (I handle gasoline and specialty fuels such as Sunoco race gas) What would the difference be? I'm sure the actual fire suits are thicker, but just wondering.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,768, Posts: 229,935, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,026.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009