tires and aluminum rims May 02, 2010 04:24AM
i was just wondering if any one has mounted a 18.4-38 radial on a 22 in aluminum rim. if so what did you have to do to get it mounted. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance

Re: tires and aluminum rims May 02, 2010 10:39AM
I wouldn't put them on 22" rims but if you do tubes will make it easier.If weight is an issue you better have a big blow tank and hope the silcone stays where it should.

Re: tires and aluminum rims May 02, 2010 12:15PM
should i get a 18.4 tube or should i get a 20.8 tube. im just not sure if a 18-4 tube will push them out far enough or if i go with a wider tube will it push it out easier. thanks

Re: tires and aluminum rims May 02, 2010 01:00PM
get the tube for your size tire. tubes are made to strech.

Re: tires and aluminum rims May 02, 2010 01:20PM
someone told me to put either in them but i dont think i want to try that. thanks for your help

Re: tires and aluminum rims May 02, 2010 02:20PM
Hook air hose to stim, blow fresh air in tire, spray either in tire, throw match in tire and stand back.
MACK

Re: tires and aluminum rims May 03, 2010 01:46AM
And since this is and aluminum rim he is working with ................... you might just find out what scrap aluminum is worth. Good luck with that ether deal hahahahahahahahah Fact is you can bend steel rims that way . Oh and if you do this someone needs to video tape it for youtube!!!

Just saying ............. BAD IDEA

Re: tires and aluminum rims May 03, 2010 02:46AM
Depending on what brand of aluminum rim you have, be careful as to not use too much air pressure to seat the bead also....if it is a one-piece style rim, dont go over 25 psi, or you will fold the rim over.....trust me, i've had it happen.....definetely do NOT use ether on a aluminum rim, you will be buying new rims.....once you get out of the hospital, that is......If you can by with the extra weight, use tubes.......

Re: tires and aluminum rims May 03, 2010 12:20PM
thank you all for your input. i figured that the either idea wasnt a very good one and i didnt spend all that money to turn them into a science project gone bad. we can afford the extra weight. i just was told that it is next to impossible to get them to seat up without a tube. i just wanted to make sure i am doing the right thing. thank you again for your responses

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009