Is money killing the sport? May 13, 2010 04:20AM
We all know, It takes alot of money to pull in general, and even more to be competitive. But, there are some people taking it to the extreme.

Is it bad on the sport when some competitors just throw tens of thousands into a Farm Stock Puller, instead of moving up classes? I mean they can dominate farm stock, so why stop. (I'm just using farm stock for a comparison, this happens in all clasees)

It seems to me if the people who just spend average money, are always getting 20 feet put on them, before long, they will just quit. Most don't have the funds these days, and just enjoy competing, but why go through the trouble if you have ~0~ chance of winning.

Are they killing the sport or making it better?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2010 06:54AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Is money killing the sport? May 13, 2010 04:59AM
They are the ones just wasting their money putting so much into farm stock etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2010 06:56AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Is money killing the sport? May 13, 2010 02:32PM
money kills every sport when you dont have any. but when you have some the first thing you do is buy parts to go faster or pull farther. yes I dont like it when guys spend 10k plus on an antique tractor to win a trophy but it is fun to beat them by readin a track and movin weight were you need it and didnt spend a quarter of what they did. no it dont happen everytime but when it does it feels good. If I had too much money to spend I would build a tractor to a class where I could win. but if I didnt have enough money to go to higher class I would just stay where I'm at. because if I didnt have enough money to get there in the first place I shouldnt expect to win alot. but working for it each week/year and progressing I would get there.

Re: nick the -ick May 13, 2010 02:50PM
you don't need to be such an a hole nick the p-ick But for the true answer to the post yes it is because evidently people like nick here don't know when it's time to move up to the next class go ahead and say something now nick the d-ck

Re: nick the -ick May 13, 2010 03:08PM
You miss the point!!!! We live in a "FREE" country, do what you want, when you want!!! Spend your own money how you choose. If you get off spending thousands on a "farm stock" to go beat down some bone stockers, thats YOUR CHOICE!!!! There isn't a law that says you HAVE TO MOVE up a class just because you spent too much money on your tractor.

Re: nick the -ick May 13, 2010 11:15PM
Depending on your skill Nick, it's usually much cheaper to just go draggin a twenty through a trailer park-get the same result with less investment! if you know what I mean? LMAO.

Re: nick the -ick May 14, 2010 02:13AM
I think this guy is missing the point a little bit! You do see these hot "farm" tractors come in and kill the rest of the stock tractors and I would say yes that in some cases it does hurt numbers but then there are the guys that go home and say what does it take to beat that guy?(still just using farm stock as examp) As for Nick I think if you arre the guy that thinks puting 30ft on a farm tractor is cool then so be it if you feel cool that is all that matters.

Re: nick the -ick May 14, 2010 04:48AM
You are totally missing my point. Its simply my opinion and NO I'm not the guy that thinks putting 30 ft on a bone stocker is cool. I don't even pull, and again, I clearly state that we live in a free country and if a puller wants to spend major bucks to stomp on a few throats, then thats his or her CHOICE.

Re: nick the -ick May 14, 2010 05:24AM
wow nick u r a a hole i personally think money is running the sport cause u got guys like nick who probally has lots of money and he goes out and throws mega dollars into his machine just because he has seen a couple pull and thinks he is a tractor puller and dnt understand how to read a tractor and move weights around and is to ignorant to listen to some one giving him tips on how to do stuff

Re: nick the -ick May 14, 2010 07:42AM
The original question was "Is money hurting the sport?" Given y'all's scenario of farm stock, when the "for fun" guys quit showing up, how good is the show going to be when there is only one of two or even just 6? The event probably won't last too long. Then, you have your answer. Yes, it hurt it. Same can be said for any class really. How many drop out because they can't or don't want to money up? As long as you have others willing to step in, you will be okay. But if new blood doesn't show, where are you? Money helps to drive rule making to keep even levels of competition. Just look at some of the classes on the state, region and national levels. And you have your answer. Will an UNL show with less than 10 competitors (part of the 10 being "filler" mods) keep the fans coming back at $15 to $25 a pop? Again, you would have your answer. My answer would be, everyone get out their bank balances (or drop their pants) and see who has the biggest one, crown that person the winner and then go have some fun tractor/truck pulling.
JW

Re: nick the -ick May 14, 2010 07:56PM
Speed limit on farm then they will wine because this is to slow. But 3 mpr is as fast as a farm stock go's or its not farm stock and we got a pile in this class now because no under hood looking its simple 3 MPH problem solved in the farm!

Re: nick the -ick May 14, 2010 07:45AM
wow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i personally think money is
> running the sport

You've got a good point there!

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: nick the -ick May 14, 2010 08:20AM
Wow, thanks for the kind words. I believe I said earlier that I don't pull, don't even own a tractor in fact. So as to your statement ,you would be WRONG!!! Do i think its right, no. Do I think money has a negative affect on pulling, yes.

Re: nick the -ick May 14, 2010 09:36AM
personally i think money is bad sometimes.But also i think pullers are afraid to move up in class which would make all classes better.because then there the low man and have to do there homework to get back on top.sometimes it looks like there happy being average in ther class instead of trying to win.point being way to many sf in this country and it is not a cheap class they need to move up!

Re: nick the -ick May 14, 2010 12:15PM
In reguards to a super farm moving up. What class can a superfarm move up to? In outlaw a limited pro. But u got to sell ur tires, get a bigger pump and injectors. In ntpa. U can go to limited pro but u need a different motor. U can't really go prostock or dss unless u sell the tractor and start over. Hate to say it. But once u are a super farm. There is really no way of going bigger unless u spend a bunch of money. And that kills the fun factor real quick

Re: nick the -ick May 14, 2010 02:36PM
But you KNOW you want a component DSS !!!!!!!!
Let the boys pull it and you stick with the superfarm!
You have room in the trailer!

Re: class for old super farm leaders May 14, 2010 03:59PM
is there much to change to go to a 4:1 class other than the turbo

Re: class for old super farm leaders May 15, 2010 01:59AM
Yes, cam, compression,rods, injectors, gears.

Re: class for old super farm leaders May 15, 2010 03:10AM
Isnt the 4.1 LP class in Outlaw more less a Pro Stock tractor from the mid to late 90's?

Re: class for old super farm leaders May 15, 2010 03:53AM
The current PS class is the same as the PS classes were in the mid 90's......hahahahaha Grinning sorry couldn't resist!

Re: class for old super farm leaders May 15, 2010 04:05AM
You know what I mean!!! Dont give me any lip, LOL!!! Grinning

Re: class for old super farm leaders May 15, 2010 01:14PM
giving you any lip, he was just stating a cold hard fact, you know, like the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: class for old super farm leaders May 15, 2010 01:47PM
I'm referring to the fact that the Pro Stocks of that era perhaps utilized a 4.1 charger and a p pump, custom manifolds, 24.5 rubber, you get the drift? Basically the same as what the Limited Pro Outlaw tractors run today. I personally know of 4 Pro Stocks from the late 90's that were running P-pumps and 4.1 chargers, so don 't give me any lip!!! Grinning

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,955, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,038.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009