Tomah parking Situation May 14, 2010 04:05AM
Never been to Tomah something i'll have to do sooner or later. Anyways, I've always wondered why NTPA or any pulling Organization for that matter has Never taken the time to park all the classes together. I've always thought that it would be great for fans walking the pits to be able to see all the tractors in one class all lined up next to each other in the pits, instead of spread out all Helter skelter. What's everyones opinion on this?

Re: Tomah parking Situation May 14, 2010 06:45AM
i think your right on that i think all the tractors in one class need to be together.

Re: Tomah parking Situation May 14, 2010 07:13AM
Well, part of the reason that I don't like staging the entire class toether is the fact that not all competitors get along. Let's face-it not everybody see's eye-to-eye in this world in politics, favorite class, etc. I think parking the haulers/pullers in the order they arrive is the worse possible solution.

Give each puller a reasonable amount of space for the tractor and hauler. Keep the big a** RV's out of the pits but allow them on the surface lot outside the actual pit area. This would also be safer rather than towing the tractors in the streets. Let the pullers find there friends and let them pit together. Keep in mind that is why most are in this sport in the first place (the social aspect). I would also be in support of allowing the NTPA precommittments prime parking beciase of their committment to the sport.

DPS

Re: Tomah parking Situation May 14, 2010 02:41PM
How about parking all the superfarms out in the gravel lot, they can DRIVE them to the pit gates when it is time for them to come in.
Even have the biggest meanest techies go out and tech them in the lot so's they don't have to come in till it is their time to pull.
Set up a boxing ring in the middle of the gravel lot and any ties will be settled in the boxing ring.
No ties to settle? Wet Tee shirt contest!

Re: Tomah parking Situation May 14, 2010 02:55PM
Time save must be a keyboard puller

Re: Tomah parking Situation May 14, 2010 11:15PM
Just a jealous person

Re: Tomah parking Situation May 15, 2010 04:29AM
PPL has done this to some extent with their pre-commit program. Pre-committed pullers have a reserved parking spot waiting on them when they get to the pull, and those spots are arranged by class. Non pre-commited pullers may have space available with the rest of the class, or may not... all depends on the venue, space available, etc.

Re: Tomah parking Situation May 15, 2010 06:29AM
There's whole thread on this over at Fonda's Page, go there or bitch directly to NTPA or better yet, call up the Tomah promoter. You are displacing space that could be devoted to Lite Limited Super Hot Farm Stock Tractor Pulling!!!

Re: Tomah parking Situation May 16, 2010 03:20AM
I posted this message on this board to get a broader response to my question, as far as I can tell the only one bitchin about things is you. Everyone else has something either positive or negative to comment on my post, however you are whining because you are reading a thread you don't have to read

Re: Tomah parking Situation May 16, 2010 12:49PM
No, it's just the subject has been discussed to death on Fonda's page already, and everyone has reached the same conclusion!

Re: Tomah parking Situation May 16, 2010 01:49PM
then simply don't read this thread.

Re: Tomah parking Situation May 15, 2010 06:54AM
I think the NTPA really needs to step up and give commitment back to the pullers that Pre-Commit to run their perspective class/classes through out the summer, by providing high profile guaranteed parking. The pullers make the effort (as well as spending a lot of extra money) to travel back and forth across the country to put on the best show possible for NTPA and the fans. This is a no brainer.....How about giving them a Pre-Committed place to park. This is not an ideal situation for the fans either...Fans spend the money to come to a high profile GN event expecting to see the best of the best in the main pits and visit with the pullers and get autographs etc....They should not have to hunt around for makeshift pit area.

I am sure a GN Pre-Commit puller doesn't feel like he is running in an elite series when he arrives late from traveling from the last Pre-Commit pull and wrenching on his tractor all week, just to make the next event and then has to park in dusty gravel parking lot that nobody knows where they are at.

The pullers and fans deserve the exposure of Pre-Committed Parking....C'mon NTPA, lets make this happen....and it doesn't cost a cent to make it happen, just common sense....

Dan Dunham

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,625, Posts: 229,686, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,898.

Our newest member JD_8520