keep the T/A or delete it???? May 16, 2010 07:19AM
Ok so I am building a 806 with 510 open rpm Hot Farm for the ppl and insfpa, so with that do I keep a T/A in it or do I delete it what will be better, and do the best looking for any thoughts/ input on this Thanks in advance Paul!

Re: keep the T/A or delete it???? May 16, 2010 02:09PM
Depending on how much power you have, And if you are allowed to use it,
I think its an advantage for taking off and at the end of the run because it
allows you to use a higher gear which gives you more ground speed. On
the down side its just one more thing to fail.The TA gives you a small
speed options. With it removed, now you are looking for gears for speeds
you might of already had. It really depends on how far you want to go.
Iam trying to decide my self. Good luck

Re: keep the T/A or delete it???? May 17, 2010 02:08PM
Any other thoughts on this maybe from some longtime pullers Thanks! Need some opions pros and cons!

Re: keep the T/A or delete it???? May 17, 2010 03:25PM
When the TA works, they are a great thing. The problem is getting them to hold up. I would say if you are under 1000 hp, keep it but get a good one. If you are over that, put in a shaft right away and be done with it.

Re: keep the T/A or delete it???? May 20, 2010 12:16PM
Have a 7 disk TA built. McDonalds has lasted three or four seasons with out a issue.

Re: keep the T/A or delete it???? May 20, 2010 12:59PM
If you are going to be competitive in ppl you will be running around 1100 hp in a 9500 or 10000 lb class with double cut tires, you do not need the TA get rid of it, it's almost impossible to try and shift a ta at those speeds and not either slow you down too much or break the tires loose.

Re: keep the T/A or delete it???? May 20, 2010 02:21PM
Leave it in. You will be able to run gears that you never thought you could. A t/a is a great underdrive. You could have a 10 disc one run at 1000psi and it would still slip.

Re: keep the T/A or delete it???? May 20, 2010 02:32PM
Get rid of it, when you start making real power the TA will become your weakest link.
Put in a couple custom gears and have fun not having to repair that TA again.

Re: keep the T/A or delete it???? May 20, 2010 03:02PM
have allied build you one. I have run theirs for 3 yrs now with no problem 540 3x4. 2 over road and no problems shift up and down about 50 hooks a yr. Cant beat that TA. people dont like em cause they dont know how to make em last thats all.

Re: keep the T/A or delete it???? May 21, 2010 02:27AM
you said it best right there. They still work great

Re: keep the T/A or delete it???? May 21, 2010 07:23AM
in your opinion ta king how do u make one last?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009