40 series detroit May 16, 2010 12:01PM
looking for opinions on weather ac guys should be allowed to run IH heads on the 40 series detroit thanks for the input.

Re: 40 series detroit May 16, 2010 03:34PM
why not , it bolts on just lika a hypermax head bolts onto an IH.

Re: 40 series detroit May 16, 2010 04:27PM
they should. most if not all the parts numbers are IH numbers. even the paint under the detroit paint was the IH truck color on my engine. my engine was a power unit tho. I bought it for parts for my IH engine. I'm using the intake manifold off of the detroit on my 966. it has the IH part number on it, I'm saving the sticker from it that said "detroit 40 series" and going to put it back on the manifold just to see what the tech crews says. LOL I should've used the block since it is a roller block. i used the p pump mounting plates and gear also.
Dirk

Re: 40 series detroit May 17, 2010 02:06AM
as i recall the early 9455 and 9655 AGCO tractors had the IH stamped on the engine and casting numbers are IH, even if the the tag said Detroit Series 40. If the rules allow the update, i would run the IH or Hyper head.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,628, Posts: 229,690, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520