Front end skid shoe rules needed. May 17, 2010 12:41AM
Where can I find the NTPA and/or Outlaw rules as they apply to the front end skid shoes? I have been through the 2010 NTPA rule book and the 09 Outlaw book numerous times and can not find any info at all. I have also looked on the NTPA website. Maybe it's there and I'm blind....but I can't find it. I mostly need to know how high the shoes can be off of the ground, but I would like to take a look at the entire rule as it is written if anyone has it.

Thanks!

Re: Front end skid shoe rules needed. May 17, 2010 01:21AM
NWMTPA has it in there book but its clear as mud, see ya

Re: Front end skid shoe rules needed. May 17, 2010 06:58AM
Pat, it is in the 2010 rule book. Page 42 top of the page, U. Skid plate, Big tractor classes
Skid plate must be mounted in line with each frame rail and extend from the center of the front axle forward (on both sides) equal in strength to frame rail material. Skid must be securley mounted and braced to the chassis. Skid plate surface to be a minimum 4" wide and 12" long with a minimum 6" curve when measured from the front most part of the rolled edge.
Note; Skid plate must support the weight of the front end when checked with a jack. Maximum ground clearance is bottom of the wheel rim but not to exceed 4" with front tires in normal operating position.

So if your tire sidewalls are short and the wheel rim is only 3" from the ground, the skid must be 3" or closer to the ground.
If your tire sidewalls are tall, and the wheel rim is, say, 6" from the ground, the skid must be 4" or less from the ground.

Hope this helps.

Re: Front end skid shoe rules needed. May 17, 2010 10:19AM
Thanks HP! I thought I found something in the book a while ago about the skids, but I couldn't find it back. I remember seeing that heading this morning when I was looking, but went right past it thinking it was for something else. I guess I wasn't blind after all.............just stupid.Confused

Thanks again!

Re: Front end skid shoe rules needed. May 17, 2010 10:35AM
ITPA has nice schematic and instructions on their website: ITPA TECH PAGE

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,625, Posts: 229,687, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520