rpm monitoring system May 17, 2010 10:41AM
I am looking for an RPM monitoring system that can handle 2700 and 3200 rpm in one class.
Needs to be able to activate red light at either 3200 or 2700 as well as giving a signal to the sled's electronics to pull kill switch at 3205 rpm.
Anything out there?

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: rpm monitoring system May 17, 2010 11:24AM
Sascha, we use a "box" from Fair Valley Performance and it has served us very well.

Re: rpm monitoring system May 17, 2010 05:10PM
We've used a monitor that we got from Scheid's for several years with good results. I know it has an alarm output that can activate a light or horn, but we do not use that function. While it would be possible to set the alarm limits at both 2700 or 3200, you can only have one alarm set at a time and it would be a pain to reset the limit between hooks. Although I am HUGE fan of this monitor, I'm not sure I would tell anyone it has a 5 rpm tolerance. I'm also not sure about pulling a kill switch on an unsuspecting driver- I'd hate to see anyone have a wreck due to a kill switch being pulled at a bad time. IMHO you could cause more trouble than you now hope to solve. I'll be curious how it works out for you.

Re: rpm monitoring system May 17, 2010 09:42PM
Well, I just want the possibility in there to pull the kill. I've talked to our pump builder here and he said the event of a stuck plunger in what we do and the fuel we run is very unlikely.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: rpm monitoring system May 18, 2010 02:46AM
Maybe you could hook a rev limiter to them?

Re: rpm monitoring system May 18, 2010 09:20AM
We're talking diesels that already have a rev limiter - it's just in case they start to act funny due to a stuck plunger or sucking oil from the turbo bearing ...

anyhow - those modern computer kids are worth something. Lots of replies to this on the german board by our garden pulling kids...

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,625, Posts: 229,687, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520