Common Rail victory May 22, 2010 08:21AM
Yesterday night:

427 cui, 2700 rpm + intercooler & Common Rail

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Common Rail victory May 22, 2010 09:44AM
What kind of fuel flow is he running, what control system is he using, and was that the turbo plumbing giving out at the end? sorry for all the questions but I'm quite impressed! also I'm guessing they have stirred it up a bit in that class?

Re: Common Rail victory May 22, 2010 11:59AM
Unfortunatly I can't answer any of your questions. This video was posted on the dutch pulling forum and basically I just put it on here, too. Thought it's quite a memorable moment to see a common rail system actually win a pull. Of course it's still limited rpm and that class is "only" in the " a bit over 1000 hp" range - but still. Computers are catching on in pulling, too!

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Common Rail victory May 23, 2010 06:44AM
I think the common rail has already proven itself with the duramax engine. I can't believe it hasn't been used with all the JD 8.1 common rails already.

I wish i knew how to make programs for them, quite a potential for a gold mine!!!!

Re: Common Rail victory May 23, 2010 08:21AM
turbo hose came off his place ,did not stand 75 psi inlet pressure

Re: Common Rail victory May 23, 2010 11:51AM
[www.youtube.com]
This is the tractor we built its just a 05 cummins CRD with a smarty programmer and a lift pump. We wanted to try something different and its fairly commpetitve in a 10mph pace class but needs a little more to run high third.

Re: Common Rail victory May 23, 2010 02:17PM
What kind of a tractor is that?

Re: Common Rail victory May 23, 2010 02:55PM
if your asking about mine its a 706. If your asking about the Euopean one I am curious as well ecspecially what kind of motor it is, pumps, computer etc.

Re: Common Rail victory May 25, 2010 09:08AM
The Tractor is a 1455 IHC (with the grill that was put on after the Case / IH merger). Neuss built "german diesel" but in the stroker version with 402 cui. I think the D358 with the short crank was sold in the US, too as 824 (?) and in combines.
The one in that tractor was for sure bored and stroked to 427 cui.
Transmission is a ZF.
Turbo I would think is an HX 60 built by Aart Waterweg (http://www.caboturbo.com).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2010 09:12AM by Sascha.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,846, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,973.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro