Aircraft Starters May 24, 2010 12:14AM
Looking for the guys name and number that has the aircraft starters for sale... I saw a post over the winter and can't seem to find it again. Any help would be great.

Re: Aircraft Starters May 24, 2010 02:27AM
Greg Whitney
(602)978-3380
There is some work to make them ready for "our application" just so you know it is not a bolt on deal.
Good stuff at an excellent price!

Re: Aircraft Starters May 24, 2010 02:48AM
What needs to be done to them?

Re: Aircraft Starters May 24, 2010 03:28AM
Need to disable a planetary gear set in the ones I got. (I went with the larger starter, bigger is better dontcha know).
Also need to make changes to the engage set up. Aircraft use 24v activated engage system, and he includes instructions showing how to make a manual set up.
Need to be able to TIG weld and do some light machining for best results.
You may also need the dog for the engine side of things and make an adapter.

Re: Aircraft Starters May 25, 2010 10:39AM
if anyone has a need for it i have reverse rotation starter for blower, cart and cables just like new. can be crossbox mounted call 931 260 6015 cheap/

Re: Aircraft Starters May 24, 2010 02:21PM
Gregory Whitney here. I furnish the aircraft starters ready to bolt up to your mounts or I send the modification instructions along with the starter
for do-it-yourselfers. I also have input drive dogs that can be modified to fit your blower pulley or crankshaft.
Cell 602-908-2316 whitney.gm@gmail.com

Re: Aircraft Starters May 25, 2010 12:43PM
Greg is a really good guy! I have had him rebuild a starter for me, return time was great! Good price, good advise, We have had no trouble with the system. Would do it again, no doubt! Thanks Greg!

Re: Aircraft Starters May 26, 2010 01:31AM
I was also very happy with the starters and dogs I got from Gregg!
Good value.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,723, Posts: 229,851, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,976.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro