Case engine May 24, 2010 04:21PM
We are building a case 1175, and I was wondering if a 504 would produce enough ponies to pull against the binders and deeres. There is no cube limit, we have a 3lm limit, and the rest needs to be stock appearing. We have no speed limit and can run 3000 rpm. If a 504 isn't what would be the combo to work? Where/who can I get good heads from? How much power can I get from a case with standards like this? I am new to the case, we have ran binders in the past and want to run a little different than the pack. Any help on the case is much abliged.

Re: Case engine May 25, 2010 02:35AM
Call the Duesterhaus Boys that pull IFPA--they have some really strong CASES! They build unbelieveable horsepower! They are so awesome to watch run! Really put on a show! Western Illinois or Eastern Iowa is from they are from I believe. Good luck with your project.

Re: Case engine May 25, 2010 03:14PM
Yes give the Duesterhuts a call, they are very skilled mechanics. They can take a sledge hammer and a screw driver and build you a damn fine engine

Re: Case engine May 25, 2010 03:31PM
Thanks for the info...does anyone know where I can find the Duesterhuts, or how I can get a hold of them???

Re: Case engine May 25, 2010 04:13PM
ughhhh,,,,I think the Duesterhaus thing is a joke comment if you know what I mean..........

Re: Case engine May 25, 2010 02:08PM
If there is no cube limit what makes you think the red and green guys aren't going to be 640 cid ? If you have pulled ih you know how easy it is to open up a ih engine. Build a big one because the rest of them already have them. Good Luck Your 504 with cam,fuel,and some polishing on the heads should run upper 400's to lower 500's the problem your going to have to overcome is chirping the turbo while trying to run high 3'rd

Re: Case engine May 25, 2010 03:26PM
Well, with a 3lm turbo limit, the IH and deeres won't be much bigger that a 466 or 540/531 because the 3lm will restrict it....

Re: Case engine May 26, 2010 04:31AM
If the 3LM has to be out-of-box, you won't really have a need for any more cubes than the 504. There's only so much air that can be moved through a 1.75 turbo outlet. If you port the heads, put in a good cam, and get the fuel up around 400cc, you should be near 400hp, from my limited experience.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,845, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,972.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro