Farm stock pusher pump May 27, 2010 10:30AM
Im just asking a opinion. I pull farm stock and our group does not allow a electric or belt driven supply pump. My question is, should it be allowed? Or are they right to say that a external supply pump is not a "stock appearing engine?"

Re: Farm stock pusher pump May 27, 2010 10:49AM
If you define "farm stock" as off the farm, then yes they are right. Just depends on what the rules say. Around here, farm stock means stock rpm, stock appearing pump, stock engine for make/model of tractor, and no bigger than 20.8 rubber. Everything else is pretty loose.

Re: Farm stock pusher pump May 27, 2010 11:01AM
I use a "pusher pump" to keep the rotary pump from starving for fuel, and it keep's it cool by using a bypass, this in turn saves me from burning up the pump and gives it a longer useful lifetime. That in my opinion adds to cost savings.

Re: Farm stock pusher pump May 27, 2010 01:11PM
When you figure what else goes on in a stock class like turbos , truck engines, slipper clutchs, big cc pumps, cubed engines, etc. Why the heck is a pusher pump such a big deal. I run one with a jd rotary pump when allowed and unhook it where it's not allowed. You still can't compete with an inline pump. If an inline pump tractor is running a pusher look out. The cc's are coming!

Re: Farm stock pusher pump May 27, 2010 01:55PM
Another question is will having a pusher pump be night and day difference between having power and not, on the same pump?
Thanks for all the help.

Re: go to the next class May 27, 2010 02:36PM
If you need a pusher pump you don't need to be pulling "farm stock". Iv'e never seen a stock tractor yet , other than a common rail setup, ever use a push pump to go to the field from the factory

Re: go to the next class May 27, 2010 03:10PM
Really? never seen a tractor with a pusher pump from the factory? Guess your not much of a wrench then because a lot of deeres such as 6000 and 7000 run a pusher pump at 4 or 5 psi to a diaphram pump to a rotart injection pump. It eliminates starving of fuel at start up, makes bleeding a whole ton easier, makes the diaphram pump last about four times as long, and keeps everything a whole lot cooler.

Re: go to the next class May 27, 2010 03:26PM
Last time i checked most if not all inline pumps have a "Pusher" pump bolted directly to the side of them, and we have a couple tractors that have electric supply pumps on them and are listed in the parts book for that tractor. So i dont really see where the problem of running one would be

Re: go to the next class May 27, 2010 03:36PM
is he pulling a 6000 or 7000 deere I really doubt it . Talk about the same thing not whatever it takes to make your point
to a c orange is he talking about the lift pump on the side of an a pump NO he's talking about an electric push pump

Re: go to the next class May 27, 2010 05:39PM
Everyone seems to have overlooked the mans question ge-wiz he did not say no pusher pump he said no aftermarket electric or belt drive pumps. This rule is a good one for farm stock. A stock lift pump will not met then pressure demands a bigger than stock injection pump requires.

Re: go to the next class May 28, 2010 12:08AM
With a 13 mm rotary 100 pump, how many cc's of fuel can you go with before you need a electric pusher pump 300, 400, 500 or will the manual pump on the back of the pump supply that much fuel and at what pressure.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,849, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,976.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro