Tractor wreck May 30, 2010 04:22PM
I was at a pull in St. Rose, IL today and saw a scary wreck. Happened about 30 feet away right in front of me. This real nice D-21 running in 9500 Hot Farm was moving along pretty good at about 220 feet, got crossed up, and appeared the driver pushed in the clutch to end the run. The sled hit the tractor as the driver looked back, and he hit the throttle and let out the clutch. The chain snapped tight, front end came up, then came down hard at an angle, and snapped off the left front spindle, front end dug in, and over he went. He got off the tractor as it came over, and I don't think he even fell down. The sled chain kept the tractor on it's side, and the sheet metal didn't touch the ground. That may not be the exact description, but that's how I saw it. Man and machine got real lucky. Of course after the clean-up I realized my phone actually has a camera in it. What a concept. I hope somebody got pictures and will post here. Just shows even at 20-25 mph, things happen real quick. You just can't be too careful. Could have been the end of that driver, and the end of the pull, too.

Re: Tractor wreck May 31, 2010 01:40AM
I don't, even think he was moving that fast, he had a lot of wheel speed though. This tractor of course did not have a D21 front axIle,but rather a very light one, and snapped the spindle. He did not have front skids either. It was a miracle he survived because he stepped off, which means either he did not have a seat belt or was not wearing one. He might want to rethink that since his tractor has a rollbar and the seatbelt would have saved his life if he would have wound up on top. If anyone can resize pictures for attachments to post, I can email them.

Re: Tractor wreck May 31, 2010 05:38AM
Sent you a pm. Thanks-

Hey farmboy1989 May 31, 2010 12:46PM
Do you remember my posts about insurance, rules, and brush pulls at the begining of the month??? This is what I"m talking about. OH, BTW I'm not sure from looking at the pictures is that the "Heaven Bound Sled"?

Re: Tractor wreck May 31, 2010 01:54AM
Hate to hear that or any accident , just glad no one got hurt; Im sure the insurance guys are really looking at these - lucky - accidents ; the safety equipment has to be worn to do its job, but I know how it goes

Re: Tractor wreck May 31, 2010 02:26AM
Hate to hear of things like this, but when are we going to demand that the only people getting paid do their job. The sled operator has the ability to prevent some of these things; personally I have avoided having this happen because the sled operator did his job. Some accidents are unavoidable but it is a group effort to keep them from happening. Good luck to everyone and maybe this is a lesson to each person involved. No matter the class how fast or slow all parties on the track need to pay ATTENTION.

Re: Tractor wreck May 31, 2010 03:48AM
Well the sled operator hit the brakes and would have pulled the air shut off if the tractor would of had ONE!!! That kid just slid his LUCKY LITTLE BUTT off the seat and walked away. The tractor was still running and the one tire that was in the air was still turning under power. That's why all tractors should have all the safety equipment! And yes that includes seat belts! Because he didn't have one. He should count his lucky stars that he's still alive!

Re: Tractor wreck May 31, 2010 11:25AM
Here's a pic sent to me today- hope it shows up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2010 01:08PM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Tractor wreck May 31, 2010 12:32PM
hey do you happen to know whos minnie mo that was there in the background of the one pic?

Re: Tractor wreck May 31, 2010 01:14PM
I sure don't know- I'm not from that area, but there were sure a lot of MM's there, most pulling in heavy N/A classes, of course.

Re: Tractor wreck May 31, 2010 12:10PM
let me know if this one works then i will add the rest

Re: Tractor wreck May 31, 2010 12:10PM
Yep. looks good.

Re: Tractor wreck May 31, 2010 12:11PM
ok i will send the rest

Re: Tractor wreck May 31, 2010 12:22PM
more pic

Re: Tractor wreck May 31, 2010 12:25PM
more

Re: Tractor wreck May 31, 2010 03:28PM
anyone notice in pic six how close the tents are to the track,the big pegs look only a few feet.

Re: Tractor wreck May 31, 2010 12:30PM
pic

When will people learn.... safety, safety, safety May 31, 2010 01:05PM
I am sick and tired of people not having all the saftey stuff having accidents that make insurance for everyone go up in price. I pay dues to a club I run with and they go up every year due to insurance prices going up. I have to have all the safety stuff to run with my club and I think everyone needs it. Roll cages and 5 point harnesses are a must!! I am 100% aginst all brush pulling and think that any tractor that goes over 10 mph needs all the goodies as far as safety. People are going to get killed running no air shut-off, rops, no seat belts, open rpms. I think that fairs and festivals need to understand that they need insurance, the sled does not provide it, that is why they need to book santioned events. Keep in mind that clubs need to force steel flywheels and roll cages and such. People that want to pull can step up their programs or get out of business. They are going to ruin it for everyone! Its time us pullers voice is heard.

One angery puller

Re: Tractor wreck May 31, 2010 01:24PM
yeah yeah lets hear this broken record again about how brush pulling is horrible and we are all idiots for doing it. How we are costing you money. doing something that has gone on for decades.

Re: Tractor wreck May 31, 2010 02:45PM
That is the attitude that gets people DEAD!
Air kill would cost less than 100 to build.
Brand new (not out of some junk car) seat belts from Jegs or Summit, less than 80
The chain is only 48 long and the tire takes up at least 1 foot of that, how is the sled guy going to slam on the brakes fast enough to NOT hit the tractor? get a clue, AND if he had hit the brakes, the kid would be whining that he could have gotten it straightened out. Same whine with the kill.
And what the heck was the kid doing looking back?????
As far as I am concerned, that can't be correct, because can't look back with head stuck up the rectum that far.
If the picture with the kid in yellow shirt is him, it was perfect time to kick him and try and wake him up, and everyone like YOU before you get this sport killed!
Brush pulling is fine, just use common sense and SAFETY equipment!

Re: Tractor wreck May 31, 2010 04:23PM
Amen. That was the best post I've seen in a long time.

brush puller/farmboy 1989 May 31, 2010 05:49PM
brush puller: you sound like you work for BP. BP just simply didn't follow the rules either and look what happend. sure they have been doing things for decades too.
farmboy 1989: please take off the rose colored glasses. this sled has issues with tractors coming out of the hole and pulling them to one side or the other. (tractors that are going 16+ mph) heck just watch and see if he's carring the pan to about the 75 or 100 ft mark, then he raises the wheels and lets the pan drag. when the front wheels are down he's driving the sled behind the tractor that he is hooked to as they go down the track.
i understand that things happen very fast and it easy to say they should have done this or that but i have been around and heard this sled owner degrade and 'frickin' run down other sled operators and thier equipment for years. one word comes to mind KARMA.
sure glad the driver wasn't injured or anyone else.

Re: When will people learn.... safety, safety, safety June 01, 2010 06:08AM
When? Probably when an entire grandstand full of people gets to see a human actually dismembered or killed right in front of their eyes. That ought to be fun explaining that to the kids. I agree, safety needs to be the number one priority and enforced. That young man is one lucky fella and I hope he went to church this past Sunday...LOL.

Re: When will people learn.... safety, safety, safety June 01, 2010 08:05AM
The safety equipment is a must. But let's not bash brush pulls too much. There are plenty of safety issues with sanctioned pulling too.

Re: When will people learn.... safety, safety, safety June 01, 2010 09:10AM
What type of safety issues do we have? Most of the sanctioning bodys follow a strick safety policy. Pulling vehicles are inspected to make sure they comply with what is documented in the rulebook.

Re: When will people learn.... safety, safety, safety June 01, 2010 01:59PM
Vehicles are safe, but some tracks are not. Guard rails and arena fence posts just a foot or two away from the out of bounds line. Some tracks around here in the midwest are so bad that the LSS/DSS classes are almost scary to watch. And then get a 16 year old in the drivers seat and I really worry. I also worry about sled failures at indoor pulls. Bottom line is that the dimensions of the track haven't changed even though tire speed and ground speed has.

Not trying to bash anybody. Call me a worry wort if you want and say that accidents rarely happen. But that's what safety rules are all about. Preventing the unlikely from occurring. Most people didn't worry about New Orleans ever getting hit by a hurricane either.

Re: Tractor wreck May 31, 2010 02:42PM
I'm actually the driver of that D21, just thought I'd give everyone the details of how it happened. The tractor started straight with a lot of wheel spin, but then started pulling hard to the left. I was riding the brake and doing everything I could to get it straightened back out. After watching the video (which I'll try to upload later this week), you can see that the wheels caught a lot of traction and shot me back off to the right. Once I felt it getting away from me, I tried to clutch the tractor, but my foot slipped off about half-way down and sent me further to the right. The front end came up and came back down on the front left wheel, snapped the spindle, and the sled hit me from behind, which tipped the tractor. I jumped off just in time, and I'm fortunate not to be hurt. I will now be installing a roll-cage, 5 point harness, and skis in the front before I pull again. It was one wild ride, and I'm grateful no one was hurt.

Re: Tractor wreck May 31, 2010 03:31PM
Glad you are ok. And I was not there. After reading your last post, I have a question. And that is why did you not let off the throttle before you hit the clutch? Also another question, what is the weight of the class you are pulling in?

Re: Tractor wreck May 31, 2010 03:35PM
First post claimed 9500, I see narry a single weight that fell off the front.

Re: Tractor wreck May 31, 2010 03:32PM
Air kill?
Fuel shutoff you can reach while in the seat, strapped in? How about another that someone could shut off from the ground?
Master electric switch?
Idea,,,,,,,
Pay $6.00 from your allowance and get a NTPA rule book,,,, READ it, and put most of the stuff in there on your tractor.
Tie bars? got them?
Steel flywheel?
Scatter blanket?
Fire extinguisher?
I am also VERY glad no one was hurt.
Learn and LIVE !!

Re: Tractor wreck May 31, 2010 11:30PM
I love the intellegence displayed at these events !!! Alot of planning goes into this !! Lets have a look see- yeah its on its side !!! I think , or maybe the earth tilted again ??? So many confused looks - thats normal !!!! Get off the dam farms !!

Re: Tractor wreck May 31, 2010 03:50PM
Glad you are ok. Get er going again with safety equip.

what club do you pull with? they have issues! May 31, 2010 09:28PM
I want to know, were you suposed to have saftey stuff, as far as air shut-off and seatbelt? If so their tech inspection stinks!! If the rules dont require it, the club is full of morons. who is in the wrong? as far as sled, its time we make everyone have a top sled like hager, lowery or hiatt. these old things have served their purpose but are yesterdays news.

one mad puller

Re: what club do you pull with? they have issues! June 01, 2010 06:18AM
my club makes us run a blanket and a wide front end if we are over 4000 rpm. I think we should have an air shut-off too and wheeli bars. and probly a good flywheel woodn't hurt. I agree with the madd puller.

Re: what club do you pull with? they have issues! June 01, 2010 10:24AM
i can show you how a non steel flywheel comes apart,,,

Have you posted the video d21 puller? June 03, 2010 08:44AM
Were can we see a video of this? I think alot of people need to see just how quickly things can happen. Glad to see you escaped with out getting hurt. Don't throw away that lucky horse shoe!

Re: Tractor wreck May 31, 2010 03:57PM
I think it was the sled that kept the tractor from going all the way over. Accidents happen, saftety equipment should be used, and pulling will go on. All pullers should remember, there's always the next hook, better to go home last and safe than push the limits and someone get hurt. Thankfully the driver was ok. Dont want to see anyone hurt or their equipment hurt either.

Re: Tractor wreck June 01, 2010 01:07AM
I was at the pull sitting with the announcers. The first issue was inexperienced! When the tractor darted left he should have shut it down. Not tried to save it to get a few more feet. When it comes to the seat belt he had one but was not wearing it. I am glad that no one was hurt. I hope that the D21 is able to pull again soon and had little engine damage from running on it's side for a few minuets. I will post lots of pics in a day or two.

Farmers daughter

Re: Tractor wreck June 01, 2010 02:02AM
just to clear up i have safety equiptment on my tractor the only thing i dont have is ski bars. the only reason i put it on was to comply with the rules. but regardless of the rules you make for safety, stuff is going to happen! the only reason it is becoming such a big deal is because you actually hear about it now on great sites like this one. five to ten years ago you would not have heard about this wreck or about the flywheel coming apart it would have just been a rumor that it happened. tractor pulling use to be about proving who had the most power and the nancys stayed home. the expense of pulling is getting out of hand and becoming way to political. why cant everyone just be thankful the driver is ok instead of critisising him about what he should have done.

Any video of this yet? June 01, 2010 04:33AM
Has anyone posted any video of this yet? You Tube?

Re:best post yet June 01, 2010 11:17AM
Now that is the best post I have read. For you high and mighty's for your sake I hope nothing ever happens to your rides on the track or maybe even while your testing it at home because it sure would be to bad for all you perfect people to have to take all critisism that this poor fella has taken.
As for the really intellegent people that keep talking about the insurance on here how long do you think it's going to take for some underwriter to read some of your posts and start to make an assumption on the safety of the sport because you people keep saying how dangerous it is, maybe before you start talking about how high things are now you should ask yourself how high it's going to be if they read your posts.

Let insurance price brush stuff out of business June 01, 2010 09:30PM
I hope insurance for brush pulls go sky high. I hope insurance reads this. Brush was ine 40 yrs ago. not today. wake up people!

Re: Let insurance price brush stuff out of business June 01, 2010 10:47PM
Sure completely get rid of brush pulls. They talk about inexperienced drivers and accidents happening. Go throw a guy (or gal) on a 1000+ HP tractor going 20+ mph down the track for their first time ever. No matter what kind of safety equipment you have there will be an accident. I bet you 80% of all pullers started out brush pulling taking a tractor off the farm and going to their local pull. I am 100% for safety equipment, but you gotta start somewhere. 95% of the safety that comes from brush pulling is based on commence sense from the drive and how much they turned that lil screw on the pump to give it a few more r's. I believe it is on the organization to sanction such classes that don't require the safety equipment. They are the ones to blame.

Re: Let insurance price brush stuff out of business June 02, 2010 12:20AM
I agree in a way. there needs to be hooks for those people who dont get too pull much without spending hundreds of dollars.
In my neighbor hood theres people who could compete in hotfarm that pull farm stock.they have no sayftey equipment not even a rollbar.i will admitt my tractor is too big for that class but im building a rollbar with a 4 point harness because i want too feel safe wen i go down the trac. people need too understand there mistakes control the future.

Sled ? June 02, 2010 03:24AM
The sled involved in this accident who does it belong to and how old is it?
Thanks John

Re: Sled ? June 02, 2010 07:22AM
Just putting this out there, but does it really matter who that sled belongs to? I can't think of his name right now. This is probably my age showing through. This sled is not new. I've watched it for the last ten years I know of, but that doesn't mean its not updated and taken care of, just like these 30,40, and 50 year old tractors.This accident could have happened with any sled. Then we have one mad puller who suggested sleds like hager, lowery, and hiatt sleds. These pictures would have looked exactly the same behind this d21 on its side if one of those sleds was present. I am not fimiliar with hager or hiatt are they drop sled or transfer sleds? i've seen the heaven bound sled hooked thousands of times and have only seen two accident both involved rear hubs breaking, but that cannot be blamed on the sled. That has to be blamed on the puller for trying to put too much horsepower through stock parts. Brush pulling is where nearly all of you started, just because its a brush pull doesn't mean you have to be stupid, common sense goes a long way.

I also would like to ask how would the air shut off or kill switch helped in this situation? The tractor never came unhooked right? isn't that a break away switch? Do not get me wrong, I think they are a good idea, but it wouldn't have helped here.

Re: Sled ? June 02, 2010 07:27AM
An air shutoff is not a break away switch, it can be pulled by the sled operator anytime he thinks the puller is getting too out of control so it may have helped in that situation it just depends on the timing

Re: Sled ? June 02, 2010 09:18AM
In the description that started this post, the driver clutched the tractor because he was headed toward the sidelines. Then the sled ran into the back of the tractor. Surely the man operating the sled was aware that this tractor was in trouble. Where the sled brakes applied at any time to stop the forward progress of the tractor?

Re: Tractor Wreck June 02, 2010 03:03PM
I have all of my pics on this site feel free to take a look.

www.farmdaughterwifemom.shutterfly.com

Farmers Daughter

Re: Tractor Wreck June 02, 2010 03:38PM
OneMadPuller, how do you figure this is the sleds fault? Based on the way your post is written, I assume you either sponsor or run a "real pulling" club, and book only the newest sleds.....Give me a break...... The driver has pretty much said he's at fault.

Re: Tractor Wreck June 02, 2010 08:30PM
You hit the nail on the head. I wonder if one mad puller has posted under several handles on this post. Some of the quotes he made indicates he knows the sled and its operator well.There a person that was the head of a pulling club in Il a few years back that shared your views One mad puller talks of the need to spec tractors and the big clubs ability to do it, I am asking why should the ones putting the pull on ever have to tech? The rules are published before the pull, if you come to a pull have your tractor set to the rules of that pull or do not come.One mad puller must not know much how insurance works. Does he think that in the event of a major claim the insurance will not be looking for a way out , Lets see: you take a factory designed tractor of 125 hp and add another1000 hp, next you hook it to a 50,000 lb sled and run two or three gears above road gear when the operators manual says not to overload the tractor. The operators manuals also say to go slowly with a heavy load. Your club approves the tractor as being safe, what credentials does anyone in your club have that says a homemade wheelie bar is safe? Does your club carry product liability insurance? If your members are manufacturing anything for their tractors I would think you would need product liability. If your club says you can run over the manufactures rated rpms do you have the engineering degree and testing to say this is safe. One mad puller, you admit that your pulls are dangerous and likely to cause harm to others, so would this be criminal in nature if you suspect your actions could cause harm and you do them anyway. Opps loop hole for no payment from insurance. One Mad Puller or kitty or darren or bill or who ever you are did you not read the rules for this site? As I read the rules, if you need to name a person or a business in a negative way then you must use your real name or have you post approved by Jake. In my estimation you may have slandered and committed liable against a person and a company. I am not the sled owner or operator, if I were this site and one mad puller would have explaining to do. One Mad Puller are you connected with the Mid West Pullers or something with about the same name?

A bit bothered by some things June 02, 2010 09:31PM
I read here that there was an accident at a pull and that (Thank GOD) nobody was hurt. I read some good thoughts on safety and using common sense, What bothers me is that most of us here don't see a small miracle to be thankful for as well as a stern warning for safety in the future. Most of the posts here are self absorbed "HOW THIS WILL EFFECT ME AND MY WALLET"! type posts. Instead of pointing fingers and firing off our blame throwers lets all agree to learn and keep our selfish attitudes to ourselves. I dont care what level you pull at you should NEVER rely on the guy running the sled to save your life! Use your head, prepare for the worst, remember that even a stock 60hp tractor has the torque to flip right over.

It does no good to blame everyone in a 5 mile radius for what happened.
Dont blame the sled
Dont blame the sled operator
Dont blame the rules
Dont blame the lack of rules
Dont blame all brush pullers (without them this sport would dry up and blow away)
Dont blame any brush pullers in particular
Dont blame insurance companies
Dont blame the promoters
If you want to point a finger, point it your self and ask "What can I do to be safer?"

I think it was said at least once already but it bears repeating........ The most HI-TECH and important piece of safety equipment on the tractor should be right between your head handles! (your ears) If you dont have the proper equipment there you shouldnt be in the seat!

Some of us learn slower than others, but NOW is the time to learn, not blame others for what happened.

I dont know the driver but i bet if you ask him, he has learned a thing or two from this and i bet he wishes he didnt have to learn the hard way.

I will now abdicate my soapbox. Happy AND SAFE Pulling Everybody!

Re: A bit bothered by some things June 03, 2010 05:39AM
I think you are a little off in your statement about sled operators. Each time myself or one of the boys belts in, I trust Vaughn, Dan, or Doug or whoever is in the seat with my/our life. Both our machines are built with all the safety we can put on, but when the chain is attached, we are at the mercy of the operator. He can save us or he can let us go over (and we have been in that instance both ways). I try to thank the operator whenever I can. Common sense is the key. IMHO, when the drive in this case clutched the tractor, that was the mistake. Leave the tractor under power. A good operator won't let you get into trouble. How was the operator supposed to know that you were going into "neutral" (which would cause the tractor to stop now)? If you go out of bounds--as it sounds like in this case--so be it. There is another day. This fellow is just lucky that he escaped. He hopefully learned from this and got some valuable information, in this case, only clutch when you have stopped. Trust the transfer machine to stop you.
JW

Re: A bit bothered by some things June 03, 2010 03:20PM
Personally I think trusting to someone else to save your life when you are the driver's seat is foolish. When you get hurt are you gunna say I thought so and so would shut it down....... If you rely on the person who is 30ft back and looking through the dust to make sure you dont die you are taking an unnecessary risk. It lets your guard down and gives room for mistakes. Drive like there is nobody back there and you will take less risks.
That being said, I agree that a competent and alert sled operator is irreplacable asset. But what if... just this one run, he is depending on the driver to know when to shut it down?????

Re: Tractor Wreck June 03, 2010 02:25AM
sdangus- do they ever let the puller re-pull if you shut them down? Or is your authority to call them un-safe final? That could still be tricky, though, letting someone re-pull if they went out of control once, they may well do it again. Or maybe learn from it and make a solid run???

Re: Sled ? June 02, 2010 10:57PM
Thanks LivinOrange for explaining about the air shut off. I do have one question though. Lets say that sled operator would have tripped that shut off and killed that tractor before the wheel fell off. That driver would have been very mad. He would have said I could have brought it back, I could have went a few more feet ,you are cheating, you don't like me, I bet you had the brakes on. That air shut off switch is a call that has to be make in a fraction of a second or there will be huge criticism. I don't mean to knock down safety. The tractor driver has accepted the blame, he knows what he did wrong. I am sure he will try to prevent doing this in the future, and no doubt that his tractor will be more safe too. I'm glad nobody was hurt and his tractor will live to run another day

Re: Sled ? June 03, 2010 01:58AM
I have ran a sled, and if you do make the judgement call to pull the kill switch or to hit the brakes it does upset people. They call names and threaten and a little of everything. Whether it was right or wrong to stop the tractor I made a judgement call I thought was best at the time.

Re: Sled ? June 03, 2010 06:32AM
I believe the US constitution gives everyone the freedom of speech. Some people just can't handle hearing other peoples opinoins. Therefore they try to drag unrealated items into the topic. This topic was started based on a tractor wreck along with what happened or didn't happen. With that said why do people feel the need to drag the other sled owners and or other pulling clubs into this? It really stinks that we have individuals involved in the sport that feel the need to bash or tell down right lies about other people to make themselvs fell or look better. I enjoy the sport of truck & tractor pulling and I attend 15-20 pulls a year even thoght I have never pulled myself.

Good Day,
Richard Head

Morgans pull this posting. its done with June 03, 2010 06:34AM
the pictures have ben seen, the story has been told. It is bashing now. time for Jake to put a stop to it before someone gets hurt. I love PullOff but sometimes things go to far on here.

A PullOff Fan

Re: tractor wreck June 03, 2010 02:10PM
Please point out the specific bashing posts and I’ll remove them. So far I’ve seen a number of people asking “what if?” but I don’t believe anyone is bashing the sled owner or the driver. The driver made mistakes, and thankfully he’s OK, he learned a very valuable lesson, and thankfully he wasn’t hurt. I think it’s a great post for people to hopefully learn from others in the motorsport.

The rest of the post is an interesting discussion about hypothetical “what if’s” but it’s by no means bashing. Please point me to the bashing posts and I’ll be more than happy to review them and delete them if necessary.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: tractor wreck June 03, 2010 02:17PM
I think case puller may be a little out of line. He is calling things and people out that have nothing to do with this subject. He didnt sign his name either but wants to criticize mad puller for not putting his? come on. I love this site and dont want to loose it. You have a great thing going Jake.

Thank You,

A PullOff Fan!

Re site... June 03, 2010 02:52PM
i am new to this site,,, i feel that posting pic is a good thing so people can see what goes on, i grew up in the cab of a tractor pulling the sled back from each tractor pulling back in the late 70 and 80''s. my dad pulled a deere 4020 smoker class we also had a 1066 internashiional,,,pulled it super farm ,, now building a minnie mo...i pulled the 4020 at the age 0f 16,, my dad is a deere mechanic of 45 years,,, he knows his stuff has build alot of tractors,, matter of fact he has a contract with deere to get his parts for the farmers tractors he work on straight from deere,,,i was at the wooster pull when the flywheel flew apart with my 6 year old daughter that lives for pulling ,,, we seen a pull sat night where there were a red tractor blew stuff back iin drivers face,,there is always gonna be someone out there that thinks they are better then the other,,, the sport has grew,, tractors are faster,, everyone talks aout the accidents,,, insurance,,, well you can get hurt no matter where u go or what you do,,,i would like to say thanks for letting us share , and on this site,,, as for the bashing i agree iits too much,,,we all love the sport or we wouldn't be here,,,and someday i hope to be watching my daughter pull a big tractor,,, she sat at eaton this year wrapped ina blanket in the cold until the last tractor pulled,,,

I WOULD LIKE TO ONCE AGAIN SAY THANKS FOR THE SITE,,, WE LOVE IT HERE IS A PIC OF A DIE HARD LITTLE TRACTOR PULLER

Re: Tractor wreck June 03, 2010 03:13PM
First of all its easy for everyone to sit at there computer and say what he should have done! Its over quit whining mad puller if you read his post he learned his lesson just be glad no one was hurt1 no reason to call him or anyone else morons every pulling club has to start somewhere it takes time to get all the rules in place and enforce them! pull on and be safe

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,670, Posts: 229,763, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,939.

Our newest member JD_8520