Timing p pump May 31, 2010 01:15PM
I'm puting my engine back together and can't remember how I timed my p pump last time. I have marks for #1 port closed and I have markes for TDC on a degree wheel ,[engine has head off]. How close would it be to set the *1 port closed mark and then with the injection gear loose back off the TDC mark the amount of injection timing desired, say 40 degrees and then tighten the injection gear down.? How would this method campare to using a timing light with injection line sensor?

List of classes June 02, 2010 11:39AM
since the outlaw pull is not for a couple weeks why are there so many outlaw classes i think there should be classes for reg farm tractors maybe some reg heavy classes for the stock farm such as 16500 18500 20500 25000

Re: List of classes June 02, 2010 11:57AM
Zach H Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> since the outlaw pull is not for a couple weeks
> why are there so many outlaw classes i think there
> should be classes for reg farm tractors maybe some
> reg heavy classes for the stock farm such as 16500
> 18500 20500 25000
for the rock valley pull this friday june 4

Re: Timing p pump June 02, 2010 12:21PM
Your method can work but you should rotate the crankshaft in engine rotation direction until your 40 degree mark comes up on your degree wheel to take up any backlash in the gears. Another alternative is to set the crank at 40 degrees and pressurize the fuel system to have a steady stream of fuel coming out of the number 1 line and rotate pumps shaft until the flow stops and lock the gear. To double check, keep the system pressurized and rotate the engine counter clockwise 90 degrees then proceed to rotate clockwise until the flow stops and check your timing marks on the degree wheel and they should be close to 40 degrees.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,785, Posts: 229,971, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,049.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009