Need ideas for altering water manifold on a 4430 June 02, 2010 02:45PM
I am looking for ideas on how to alter my water manifold on my 4430, I am putting a 55 series exhaust manifold on it to get the large base so I can run a 3lm 466 turbo and was told the turbo will hit the water manifold. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

Re: Need ideas for altering water manifold on a 4430 June 03, 2010 07:37AM
Dean the turbo will hit the manifold. We completely manufactured our own manifold with iron we had laying around the shop, took a few nights and alil thinking. I've seen guys cut out the center section of the manifold where it hits the turbo and just weld in some pipe nipples and run rubber hose between the two. also see guys cut the whole thing tilt it a few degrees and weld it back. Disclaimer i thnk the manifold is cast and I didn't really think you could cut or weld cast, but I swear i've seen ppl do it. I'd give you ours to use, I'm not far from you, we don't pull the tractor any more but its still on the tractor and i really don't wanna take it off and put all the stock stuff back on. Tractor is sitting in westfield if you wanted to look at the manifold.

Re: Need ideas for altering water manifold on a 4430 June 03, 2010 07:56AM
We had a weld shop cut the posts at an angle and weld it back together its been on there for 2 years and still holding. make sure if u try this that they tac it and you test fit before they finish weld it has to move alot

Re: Need ideas for altering water manifold on a 4430 June 03, 2010 01:17PM
get a 4020 water manifold with seperate leg pieces unbolt them and flip them around so the manifold lays away fraom the turbo and reassemble, this worked for me with a 466 charger

Re: Need ideas for altering water manifold on a 4430 June 06, 2010 06:09AM
contact FVP. they will have wedges that go between the head and manifold that will tip the manifold back for more room.

Re: Need ideas for altering water manifold on a 4430 June 06, 2010 01:02PM
I cut and wedged mine and then welded it back together with 7018 H4R rods and it worked well for me. kinda a pain in the a@# to pull the valve cover off without removing the water manifold first though...

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,775, Posts: 229,945, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,032.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009