Videos Euro Cup Bernay 5&6 June 2010 - complete classes June 07, 2010 05:10AM
Some videos from this past weekend. Euro Cup Round in Bernay / France

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2010 06:20AM by Sascha.

Re: Videos Euro Cup Bernay 5&6 June 2010 - complete classes June 07, 2010 09:16AM
Results

[spreadsheets.google.com]

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Videos Euro Cup Bernay 5&6 June 2010 - complete classes June 07, 2010 10:31AM
anybody who's interested to see some details, here's a bunch of pictures of the show

Re: Videos Euro Cup Bernay 5&6 June 2010 - complete classes June 08, 2010 04:34AM
Why in the PS class did they let everyone go out the gate? Was that on purpose to have them do another run for the fans? It is fun to see some full pull but not the whole class. Takes a bit of the excitement from round one waiting for the pull-off round when the "real" competition begins.

Re: Videos Euro Cup Bernay 5&6 June 2010 - complete classes June 08, 2010 05:02AM
Don't ask me, but if not at least 50% of a class are out the gate the message boards over here are full of complaints.
Guess the same would happen if nobody hits the sand at NFMS (which e.g. is something people here don't understand at all).

Even the teams complain if they don't get two runs.

In Italy it's so drastic, if you don't make the Pull Off, you don't even end up in the TV coverage!

In France the sleds are always set light, but hey... they had more than 30,000 people in two sessions (so must be doing something right?) and pay for the show - so if they want it that way, let them have it.

Side note:
They've tried a "top 3 to pull off only" rule in the Netherlands once. At the first pull off the season it was the only time I ever saw half the crowd leave the stands and wait in the pits until the officials on the track decided to go back to the old rule.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2010 05:04AM by Sascha.

Re: Videos Euro Cup Bernay 5&6 June 2010 - complete classes June 08, 2010 11:42AM
well you cant argue with the fans i guess and if there are 30,000 of them more power to them!

Re: Videos Euro Cup Bernay 5&6 June 2010 - complete classes June 09, 2010 02:34AM
Just found this little clip that gives you an idea about what's going on in the stands at Bernay:

The sled was declared broken and app. 20 min break were announced. Of course a big "boooo" from the stands.
Then the announcer just asked if they remember last year, if they can make noise and counted to three. See what happened from then on:

Not sure about the US, but that number wouldn't fly where I come from.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2010 02:36AM by Sascha.

Re: Videos Euro Cup Bernay 5&6 June 2010 - complete classes June 08, 2010 07:23AM
Sascha.. Is the "Turn Me Loose"?? tractor a 510cid tractor?? I'm guessing that the class is a 510cid class...

Re: Videos Euro Cup Bernay 5&6 June 2010 - complete classes June 08, 2010 07:34AM
correct... got a smaller engine put in before it was shipped to Europe.
Everybody is still waiting on any impact of it in the class, but that has yet to happen. Though I don't know what their goal was, whether they're happy with the way it runs or not.
It can run with the sub top pack in the dutch championships for now, which is a TOUGH league. Would be happy to have a machine like that in my home circuit!

Re: Videos Euro Cup Bernay 5&6 June 2010 - complete classes June 08, 2010 12:43PM
Turn me loose has had pump problems so far as I know. Not sure why.
As far as letting the whole class run out the end, It is for pulloffs, to make crowd happy. it will only weed out the weakest tractors.
Some pulls will let you have 2 trys at a full pull.!!! That has never been done here in the states that I know of.
Still, Cool to watch, lots of action. The one thing I still have not figured out is way every driver stands up on the tractor after a pull while being towed back to the pits, Would be just fine if they sat in the seat and wayved to the crowd. Seems a bit awkward trying to stand up with the roll cage in the way???? You just don`t see it here in the states.

Re: Videos Euro Cup Bernay 5&6 June 2010 - complete classes June 08, 2010 09:38PM
Your cages are usually bigger Winking

Part of the story with the two attempts is time.
You're common tractor pull here is a 6 to 7 hour "stand alone" event, that is not attached to any fair or show (and the promoters are vey worried about the turnover at the consession stands as that is a big part of their income).
To fill those 7 hours it takes quite some material to run down the track. If everybody runs twice, it takes only half of that.
In case there are too many tractors for the timetable showing up (more than 10 per class) we reduce to one attempt and if neccessary also eliminate Pull Offs.
The promoter of that Euro Cup in Bernay e.g. ran TWD, SS and MOD and paid a given amount in prize money. If would be done after 4 hours, we might as well never come back....

I know from our pull that it takes 5500 spectators (and the money we make on food and drinks on them during the day, which is almost as much as we get from the tickets) just to brake even. Shorten the show and the profit is gone...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2010 10:59PM by Sascha.

Re: Videos Euro Cup Bernay 5&6 June 2010 - complete classes June 09, 2010 01:29PM
Our cages mite be bigger, only because our tractors are bigger, Sascha, but they still don`t stand up to be towed!!!! Safety I think!!!Winking
And I see your point about the time and hooks needed to make money, same as over here.
Looks like the guys from Italy are running pretty good. Nice to see them on the tour.
Where is the black power triple for the lite mod classs?????
Cheers
Perry

Re: Videos Euro Cup Bernay 5&6 June 2010 - complete classes June 09, 2010 09:08PM
Perry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Our cages mite be bigger, only because our
> tractors are bigger,

Ha!

>Sascha, but they still don`t
> stand up to be towed!!!! Safety I think!!!Winking
> And I see your point about the time and hooks
> needed to make money, same as over here.
> Looks like the guys from Italy are running pretty
> good. Nice to see them on the tour.

Yes, we are all very happy to have them in the game. They are learning quickly and are right up our a$$es..

> Where is the black power triple for the lite mod
> classs?????

No idea.. they won Hassmoor 3 weeks ago (video is in the "lite limmited" dicussion here). Maybe figured the trip from Denmark to France is too long for the price money.

> Cheers
> Perry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2010 09:10PM by Sascha.

Re: Videos Euro Cup Bernay 5&6 June 2010 - complete classes June 09, 2010 11:37PM
Hey.. are you coming over to Putten next month? Euro is down and trips over the pond should be affordable again?!

Re: Videos Euro Cup Bernay 5&6 June 2010 - complete classes June 10, 2010 02:23AM
I will say that is a bunch of great looking track preperation tractors!

Re: Videos Euro Cup Bernay 5&6 June 2010 - complete classes June 10, 2010 01:52PM
As much as I would like to be there, Putten is awesome and my 1st european pull I attended back in 2003, Not gonna make it this year, Airfare still to high at that time of the year, ($1,200 round trip), plus, I have 2 pulls that same weekend here. I hear the new Twin engine alky of bits and pieces will be making its 1st pull there!
You will have to keep me informed this year Sascha!
Perry

Re: Videos Euro Cup Bernay 5&6 June 2010 - complete classes June 10, 2010 08:58PM
Hi!

Not sure when Willem will be done, but Putten looks realistic going by the pictures.
Keep an eye on my website and you shouldn't miss much Winking

These days youtube helps a lot with the coverage - even though I am not allowed to film at the dutch A-division and I won't.
But if you check pullingvideo.com - they list all the "unofficial" videos of the pulls.

Re: Videos Euro Cup Bernay 5&6 June 2010 - complete classes June 11, 2010 02:14PM
Dirk told me Bits would be there, I see the 2 masseys shipped out headed to Putten And Lambada arrived here today.
Perry

Re: Videos Euro Cup Bernay 5&6 June 2010 - complete classes June 12, 2010 05:08AM
yep - the new Lambada website should go online this weekend, too.
I am currently pretty excited about the Pull in Made next weekend. Got "my" hot farm pullers there. Just helped putting an MF 1155 back together. New experience for me - what a bunch of unneccesary parts for a tractor pull Smiling

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,766, Posts: 229,932, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM