Big blk vs Small blk June 11, 2010 04:17PM
The outlaws outlawed big blocks pulling with them (so I say) If so why?
If you have a 466 punched out to a 640 and a case or deere big block is running a 640 how are they different shouldn't they both be considered big blocks

just a question please elaborate!

Re: Big blk vs Small blk June 11, 2010 11:55PM
I'm not sure why Outlaw's singled out the BB Deere. It could have been a witch hunt or simply ignorance, using word association to make assumptions and conclusions that are not based upon science. I believe that some used the word association to assume that the 'BB' Deere is different than all the other engines in similar ways as the BB Chevy, BB Ford, & BB Chrysler compared to SB Chevy, SB Ford, & SB Chrysler and that simply is not true.

The cross flow head has generally been thought of as a competitive advantage for years yet engines with that design have not been singled out.

One thought is that the larger bore centers allow for larger bores. The problem with that argument is that with a 640 limit if you go beyond 4-7/8" bore the bore to stroke relationship gets less desirable. The only class that I could see the BB possibly having an advantage would be the UlSS alky engines. With alky you have the ability to turn big RPM's so long stroke is less desirable & the billet heads make the OEM head irrelevant. I believe the Moline should have an even bigger advantage here, but I'm not sure that the big bearing diameters of either engine are conducive to big RPM's.

Re: Big blk vs Small blk June 12, 2010 01:33AM
Pretty sad excuse to eliminate competition or lack their of. Doug wants his guys to win because its his association with his rules. Kinda like the old time brush pulls where every town has it own set of rules to help the local tractors win, except doug has it that way for every outlaw event. Just wait, dougs rein will have an end real soon and don't think his mommy will be able to bail him out of this jam.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,956, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,039.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009