Juvenile Diabetes Fundraiser June 14, 2010 04:09AM
Well, it’s that time of year again… time for my annual Diabetes fundraiser.

As many of you know, in years past I raised money to support the American Diabetes Association by riding in the Tour De Cure. Well, for 2010, I’ve decided to change my fundraising up a little bite. On July 24, 2010 I’ll be riding 100 miles in the Tour De Keuka to support the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF).

My wife and I will be riding with some friends, and we would appreciate any support you can give. In hard economic times one of the first areas of the economy to get hurt is the non-profit organizations, the JDRF is an organization dedicated to finding a cure for Juvenile Diabetes.

Juvenile Diabetes, also known as Type 1 diabetes is usually diagnosed in children and young adults. Type 1 diabetes results from autoimmune destruction of insulin-producing beta cells of the pancreas. Type 1 diabetes is fatal unless treated with insulin. Injection by syringe or insulin pumps is the most common method of administering insulin. The JDRF works very hard to keep overhead at a minimum so more of you dollars can be used in researching for a cure for a deadly disease. Juvenile Diabetes took the life of my sister at 26 years of age.

Please use this small fundraiser to show your appreciation for all the hard work my father and I do to keep PULLOFF.COM running. If you’ve downloaded our Photos, used our For Sale or Wanted pages to buy or sell parts, used our Feedback page to find information, or just entertain yourself about the motorsport we all love, now is the time to show your appreciation.

Please take a few minutes to make a donation of any size. The transactions to the JDRF are safe and secure, and it one of the most reputable non-profit organizations there is.

Thanks to all those who have donated in the past, and thanks to all those who will be donating again in 2010.

For more information about my sister and to donate to the JDRF please click here.

Re: Juvenile Diabetes Fundraiser June 14, 2010 02:05PM
Jake,
Here is a small contribution for your ride. I hope it helps.

Thanks a lot for the web page.

Greg

Re: Juvenile Diabetes Fundraiser June 14, 2010 02:55PM
Greg,

Thank you so much! There’s no such thing as a small contribution, ALL contributions of ANY size are greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for taking the time and the effort to give back. Thank you also for putting a note on this page so I could thank you personally.

For anyone who has a direct connection with diabetes:
Obviously this fundraiser is very, very important to me, and it strikes very close to home for our family, but we aren’t the only family who has been affected by this disease. If there is anyone who’d like to share their story about how diabetes has affected their life I’d love for you to share your experiences. One of my favorite aspects of this motorsport and this website is the sense of community, and I’d love to hear from others in our pulling community regarding how diabetes has affected their lives.

For those of you who don’t care about diabetes:
This fundraiser isn’t just about diabetes, it’s a way to show that you care for PULLOFF.COM. It’s a way for people to give back to this page (indirectly). It’s only once a year, and it doesn’t matter how much you donate, but it’s a very simple way to give back… to say thanks. If you read this page, if you use our pictures, if you come here to find the latest news, or advice on how to tune your tractor, if you come here to buy and sell parts or even whole vehicles now is the time to say thanks for all those free services.

Remember 100% of your donation goes directly to the JDRF, none of it goes to me. The JDRF uses that money efficiently and effectively to continue the research towards a cure for this deadly disease.

This page costs me approximately $100 a month (as traffic continues to increase so do my costs) and I make $0.00. Everything here is free for the taking. Once a year I turn the tables and I ask something from you in return. I don’t ask for a specific amount, and I don’t force you to give, I simply am here asking for your help.

I can’t thank people enough for the donations. Honestly it means so much to me to know that people care about PULLOFF.COM, and the services we provide. I look forward to the day when diabetes is cured and I no longer need to do this fundraiser, but until that time I’m here asking for a small donation.

For more information about my sister and to donate to the JDRF please click here.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2010 03:06PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Juvenile Diabetes Fundraiser June 15, 2010 12:04AM
A couple of quick notes:
There is the option to give anonymously and there also is the option to hide the amount of your donation. So if you don’t want your name in the scrolling banner on my fundraiser page then make sure you click those options.

For those of you who are uncomfortable with the online procedure:
You can also mail me a check and I’ll drop it off the day of the ride. Please make the checks payable to "Tour de Keuka / JDRF"

And Mail them to:

Jake Morgan
P.O. Box 431
Mumford, NY 14511

Thanks to all those who have given so far, each and every donation means a great deal to me. Thanks also to those who have left me a small note with their donation, I thoroughly enjoy reading everyone’s quick comments. I know that everyone who reads this page can afford to find $5 or $10 to give to this cause and to support this page.

To donate online please click here

Who is the JDRF?
The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International (JDRF) is the leader in research leading to a cure for type 1 diabetes in the world. It sets the global agenda for diabetes research, and is the largest charitable funder and advocate of diabetes science worldwide. The mission of JDRF is to find a cure for diabetes and its complications through the support of research. Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease that strikes children and adults suddenly, and can be fatal.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2010 12:17AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Juvenile Diabetes Fundraiser June 15, 2010 08:23AM
jake,i was diagnosed with type 1,after a battle with cancer at 22 yrs of age.i never dreamed that this would be such a crippling disease.like many others with type 1 it is a constant battle,that never misses a day,and with the help of my family and friends,when i needed work on my tractor i have not one time had to ask for help,not once.the local pullers in my area hav been very helpful to me and other pullers.the pulling community even had a benifit pull to help my family pay for medical expenses,pullers showed up ive never seen before or since.now that my son is driving ,im looking forward to going to a lot more pulls,pulling and spectating.jake,i personally would like to thank you for your comitment to fundraising for the jdrf.on a side note i get asked a lot,whats that your wearing,and usually my responce is,thats my billit housing injection pump.thanks,jake.

Re: Juvenile Diabetes Fundraiser June 16, 2010 07:24AM
Patches,

Thanks for the great post; it’s great to get to know some of the regular viewers of this page a little more personally. I really appreciate you sharing your story with the rest of us. Thanks for also sharing how the pulling community has rallied around you for help when you need it, it’s a true testament to some of the people involved in this motorsport.

You wrote “i never dreamed that this would be such a crippling disease”, I know there are a lot of people who think diabetes is just a simple disease where you take an insulin injection and then you are all set, that couldn’t be further form the truth. I’ve watched extremely healthy and fit diabetics struggle with their insulin, I’ve seen blood sugars rise and fall dramatically for no apparent reason. Diabetics are constantly calculating how much they think they ate and how much insulin to give to offset the food. Some diabetic like my sister could never seem to find a rhythm, it seemed like her body rejected everything the doctors did.

I’m glad you’ve got that "billet injection" pump, I know it makes life a little easier for some people. Hopefully someday soon you’ll get a new pancreas or they’ll figure out how to jump start yours again and that pump will be a distant memory.

Thanks again to those who have already donated, and thanks in advance to those who plan on donating in 2010.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Juvenile Diabetes Fundraiser June 16, 2010 08:48AM
jake,thanks for all you and your father do for the pullers. the pulloff web site is the best. see you this summer. bob

My mailing address... June 21, 2010 01:26AM
Bob,

Thanks for the donation, it’s greatly appreacated.

You can also mail me a check and I’ll drop it off the day of the ride. Please make the checks payable to "Tour de Keuka / JDRF"

And Mail them to:

Jake Morgan
P.O. Box 431
Mumford, NY 14511

Thanks to all those who have given so far, each and every donation means a great deal to me. Thanks also to those who have left me a small note with their donation, I thoroughly enjoy reading everyone’s quick comments. I know that everyone who reads this page can afford to find $5 or $10 to give to this cause and to support this page.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: My mailing address... June 29, 2010 01:11AM
Just a reminder, my bike ride/fundraiser is less than a month away and I'd appreciate your support.

And Mail them to:

Jake Morgan
P.O. Box 431
Mumford, NY 14511

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Juvenile Diabetes Fundraiser June 29, 2010 07:03PM
As most of the readers of pulloff.com know, Jake has been doing a fundraiser to fight the ravages of diabetes. In memory of Kassidy, my daughter and Jake’s sister, Jake and his wife Sarah are riding in a Bike-A-Thon on July 24th in support of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Kass passed away April 6th 2001 after a series of strokes from complications of this horrible disease. No amount of money can bring Kass back; but these fundraisers are the Morgan Family’s way of trying to bring not only awareness to this dreaded disease but donations toward a cure for the disease.

To all who have used the photos, for sale or wanted pages, or have had their pulls or businesses promoted on the main page or the feedback page, or who have just plain enjoyed our site, please take the time to help us fight diabetes. You can do this by donating whatever you can to the cause. We are not asking for everyone to give a huge amount, but lots of people giving a little bit will help.

If you aren’t able to donate this year, please pray for Jake and Sarah and the other rider’s safety and success as they complete the 100-mile Bike-A-Thon riding towards a cure for diabetes.

Thank You!

Please use this link to donate to this worthwhile cause.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2010 07:05PM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Two ways to donate! July 12, 2010 01:28AM
It two weeks to go until the fundraiser comes to an end and I’d like to take a few minutes and say thanks to the people who have donated, it means a great deal to me and I thoroughly appreciate each and every donation.

So far this year I’m a little behind where I’d like to be but I’ve still gotten some very impressive donations this year including a donor who set in an anonymous donation of $1000! I know that everyone who reads this page can afford to find $5 or $10 to give to this cause and to support this page and I encourage you to get involved and help this wonderful cause.

Option 1:

Option 2:

And Mail them to:

Jake Morgan
P.O. Box 431
Mumford, NY 14511

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Two ways to donate! July 12, 2010 11:13PM
Many of you know that I redirected the page for about 18 hours… and wow are there some generous people out there! Thanks to everyone who donated yesterday, it really makes my heart feel good to read all the wonderful messages that people left with their donations. I haven’t reached my goal yet, but from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU, you were ALL so generous and I thoroughly appreciate the help.

For those still waiting:

Option 1:

Option 2:

And Mail them to:

Jake Morgan
P.O. Box 431
Mumford, NY 14511

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Two ways to donate! July 20, 2010 12:13PM
I was initially planning on redirecting the page down for a full 24 hours, but the response has been so overwhelming and so generous that I wanted to bring the page back early and write a thank you to everyone who donated. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I thoroughly appreciate the help with the fundraiser, and I’m humbled by the generosity of so many people.

For anyone else who would still like to donate:

Option 1:

Option 2:

And Mail them to:

Jake Morgan
P.O. Box 431
Mumford, NY 14511

Thanks again to everyone who has helped to make this fundraiser such a huge success.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

JDRF fundraiser July 22, 2010 09:02AM
Jake, I see you are over $12,000. Congrats. It's nice to see all the pullers contribute out of their hearts. Sometimes pullers get a bad reputation, but things like this get un-noticed.

Re: JDRF fundraiser July 22, 2010 01:53PM
Thanks, I’ve been overwhelmed with the support I’ve gotten this year. I can’t say "thank you" enough to those who have generously donated. I appreciate each and every donation I’ve received.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: JDRF fundraiser ride update July 27, 2010 01:33PM
Just a quick note on my charity bike ride…
It went great, I rode with my wife and six of our friends and we had a wonderful time. Of the eight of us, only six managed to finish the entire 100 miles. One of our friends had a mechanical issue as well as fatigue and had to abandon the ride at mile 67, another got dehydrated and had to abandon the ride at about 80 miles. They both got car rides back to the fire hall where we started and felt fine by the time we had ridden back to the start.

Of the six of us who finished, we saw some amazing scenery and worked our legs pretty hard on some pretty long climbs. We rode up on some high vistas surrounding the Finger Lakes and we rode around the rolling shores of Keuka Lake. The weather was pretty warm but luckily not too hot. We met some nice people and the organization did a great job with some very helpful and courteous volunteers.

I’ve gotten a few more checks in the mail so I don’t have a grand total yet, but I think in total I raised about $13,500! I can’t express my gratitude enough. Thank you to each and everyone who contributed to this great cause.

I’ll be posting more information about the ride and the total raised by the Tour De Keuka for the JDRF in a day or two.

Free Advertising as a way to say Thanks…
For anyone who donated… if you’d like you can send me a banner ad for your business, your event, or anything else you’d like to advertise. The banner size needs to be 728 pixels x 90 pixels. If you don’t know how to make a banner ad then email me and I’ll see what I can do to help make one.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: JDRF fundraiser ride update July 27, 2010 02:55PM
Perry
Glad to hear you made the 100 miles, I might of made it around the block, I have A hard time DRIVING a 100 miles without stopping for something!!!
You missed a very good pull at the Churin Dirt nats. .......
Cheers
Perry

Re: JDRF fundraiser July 27, 2010 04:53PM
Thanks for the ride update Jake,been wondering how the ride went for you and your friends.Glad it all went well and the hot weather cooled down some for the ride,at least it cooled some here.Randy.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,763, Posts: 229,925, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,021.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM