removing tired from midwet wheels? June 15, 2010 06:37AM
after trying everything to make a set of 24.5's seal on my rims i decided to just break the tire down and put tubes in. the first side went on great with no trouble but the other side i can not for the life of me get the bead to break. the previous owners used some kind of glue/sealant and it wont come apart, i used a dead blow to beat the tire down and tried using a bead seperator, has anyone else got any suggestions on what to use?

Re: removing tired from midwet wheels? June 15, 2010 12:31PM
Dustin, the last time I had a tractor and loader with pallet forks and slid the forks wide enough to just clear the rim O.D. then put steady even pressure down. Now if the weight of the forks and tractor will not do it you may be able to finish the job with a few wacks with the sledge hammer while the loader is resting on the sidewalls. By the way my first time sounds alot like yours before we got out the loader.

Re: removing tired from midwet wheels? June 15, 2010 02:27PM
We've had luck with spraying brake cleaner on the silicone/glue and using Toby's method with a skidloader. Good Luck

Re: removing tired from midwet wheels? June 15, 2010 06:43PM
I also had to use a loader bucket to apply constant pressure while striking bead with a large brass punch and sledge hammer. Same case as yours, one side broke down fairly easy and the other side took several hours to accomplish!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,641, Posts: 229,707, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520