Congrats to Norm Kavan 2 years in a row! June 27, 2010 08:19AM
THE BEST Superfarm engine builder in the world!

Re: Congrats to Norm Kavan 2 years in a row! June 27, 2010 09:17AM
Congrats to the Kavans and the Someday team. Two years in a row the Outlaw tractors take 2 of the 3 superfarm sessions. Seen Thursday night the outlaws had 4 tractors in the top 10. Way to go!!

Re: Congrats to Norm Kavan 2 years in a row! June 27, 2010 10:08AM
I'll guarandamtee they didn't have no Outlaw legal GT 42 on ANY of them super farm tractors, AAAAND they weren't running the Outlaw paint thinner drippings fuel neither.

Re: Congrats to Norm Kavan 2 years in a row! June 27, 2010 02:52PM
Why would they, besides it is more impressive to make a huge tuning change for one pull and go pull against guys who run the NTPA setup all the time, and beat them. Your not really advising anyone of anything, just giving information that is worth what we are paying for it. Maybe you should have used informorator for a name instead.

Re: Congrats to Norm Kavan 2 years in a row! June 27, 2010 10:50AM
What you really should say is REI as the best engine builder.

Re: Congrats to Norm Kavan 2 years in a row! June 27, 2010 11:40AM
Then why do other REI motors not do that well? Maybe REI just gives some of the building blocks. I don't think Norm has his engine come to his house on a skid like many pullers. I think he works pretty hard at it.

Re: Congrats to Norm Kavan 2 years in a row! June 27, 2010 01:00PM
REALLY Kurt, do you think he is the best in the whole world or just your world, hahahaa

Re: Congrats to Norm Kavan 2 years in a row! June 27, 2010 02:45PM
Well I'm not Kurt, and if my world is all that shows up at Tomah, I would invite the rest of the world to show up next time. I know for a fact there were Grand National NTPA pullers in the pull today, and some were beat quite handily. Enjoy the win Norm.

Re: Congrats to Norm Kavan 2 years in a row! June 27, 2010 04:42PM
Did NTPA check what was in Kavan's radiator being he is running a dry block? NFMS did and didn't do so good. Just Askin

Re: Congrats to Norm Kavan 2 years in a row! June 28, 2010 12:16AM
You are sure worried about his radiator. You just don't know what it is. I can tell you it is 100% legal. At this point in time he is the best. It isn't like he didn't work hard for it.

Re: Congrats to Norm Kavan 2 years in a row! June 28, 2010 01:40AM
Makes me no difference, but at NFMS his water injection came from the radiator not the water tank.

Re: Congrats to Norm Kavan 2 years in a row! June 29, 2010 09:36AM
I think Just Askin needs to brush up on their tractor pulling knowledge...

Re: Congrats to Norm Kavan 2 years in a row! June 28, 2010 03:09PM
I was hoping Kevin Lindstrom would beat Norm!

Re: Congrats to Norm Kavan 2 years in a row! June 29, 2010 12:23AM
He is a very nice guy and a good puller. Just got no use for his "engine builder". Nice to see so much red in every class. Red doing well too. Not that green is bad, well some are like 6030s.

Re: Congrats to Norm Kavan 2 years in a row! June 29, 2010 01:59PM
I overheard 2 tech officials talking about him. They gonna check his head at the next wtpa event

Re: Congrats to Norm Kavan 2 years in a row! June 29, 2010 02:40PM
Are they checking to see how big his brain is in his head?
Maybe he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

Re: Congrats to Norm Kavan 2 years in a row! June 29, 2010 04:16PM
Don't worry everyone it's a factory head just as it is suppose to be. Why don't you give him credit where credit is due? Amazing how diners and accusations fly when someone is successful. I'd say Lindstrom runs just as well as Kavan maybe even better if I remember right he beat kavan both years distance wise on first hook. Kevin just needs to get it to do better when it's warm. Fire away!

Re: Congrats to Norm Kavan 2 years in a row! June 29, 2010 05:14PM
Knowing who works tech line at Tomah, the head got looked at!
Not many would know it got looked at, but they have some good tractor tech's in Wisconsin,and one in particular doesn't make an issue, or big production out of looking at things, but he gets them looked at, and knows what he is looking for. If it is wrong, it would have been handled.
And most people think all they look at is turbo seals!!!!

Re: Congrats to Norm Kavan 2 years in a row! June 30, 2010 12:33AM
doesnt anyone want to bash the muller tractor or the lang tractor that comes out of the same shop they both got caught with illegal water im sure they had left over rv antifreeze in thier tank or someone spiked thier tank or to much cutting oil thier water im sure thier is an excuse for getting caught thier has to be

Congrats SOMEDAY & LOCK n LOAD teams! June 30, 2010 01:20AM
No! its not always the winner that gets automatically put in the cheaters box.
Its the ones that people dont trust, or ones that have pushed the line before, or the arogant ones.

Is anyone pointing fingers or questioning the Someday Team?? the Lock n Load Team?? They both had great wins too! But No they are the most honest down to earth people you will meet. If Norm had that stature about him im pretty sure people wouldnt be thinking he was a cheater either.

What comes around goes around!!

Not saying at all that I think the Kavan was in error this time.... But he isnt one to not try out something to push the draw. Thus putting a question mark on him when he does make a big win.

CONGRATS SOMEDAY TEAM AND LOCK N LOAD for great wins!! You're Teams are greatly repected and are a good example for the pulling world!! Keep it up! You are repested!!

Re: Congrats SOMEDAY & LOCK n LOAD teams! June 30, 2010 05:39AM
The Someday engine was put together and tuned by Norm. They run close to the same. Norm just did everything and I mean everything right in the pull off Sunday. Think about how many hooks Norm has made on a SF tractor. He knows what he is doing. His wife knows more about SF pulling than most other pullers in the SF class.

Re: Congrats SOMEDAY & LOCK n LOAD teams! June 30, 2010 03:54PM
was there watching all 4 days..look what norn did thursday on a shitty track.. 9th.. the first hooks won..same on sat... on sunday the first 20 tractors were all below 290..then the sun came out and the track turned into a highway..look at the results..its more luck pulling with 50 tractors in a class then skill...

Re: Congrats SOMEDAY & LOCK n LOAD teams! June 30, 2010 10:50PM
I suppose it was luck that he got a 1st and 2nd last year at Tomah also!!!!!

Re: Congrats SOMEDAY & LOCK n LOAD teams! June 30, 2010 11:53PM
Yes, it's true... The post a lil while ago explained it perfectly... With 50 tractors in a class, the track changes dramatically... Either you've never competed in a tractor pull before, or you have blinders on... When you have that many vehicles in a class, and it takes more than an hour to run, it's going to change... The sun does more for the track by where it is in the sky, and how many vehicles go down.. That is actually pretty simple to see if you were in tomah... Tomah is luck of the draw.. It always will be in the Superfarms, TWD, and FWD classes when they have so many entries...

Trust me... I was the beneficiary of it one year... I had way less power than about 75% of the tractors in the class... and i finished top 10 twice in one weekend... All because of where i hooked in the class. I was ahead of guys that kicked my butt the rest of the year on tracks where we didn't have 40+ entries, and it took power. They took me to school.. And i can credit my placings out in tomah to my hook position in the class.

Re: Congrats SOMEDAY & LOCK n LOAD teams! July 01, 2010 12:47AM
Outlaws is already on top of this track changing conditions with the new pull off system. They like to run a fast paced show and pull around 325 to 350 and not worry about setting the sled. One out of every 5 tractors goes to the pull off and if you are the best of the 5 at that track condition you go to the pull off, then the next 5, etc. If you have 30 SF tractors you will have 6 in the pull off and do not have to worry about having none or half the class in the pull off if track changes. Then the 6 in the pull off can settle it with the same track conditions. Plus you know if you are in the pull off and what order before the class is over and can get in line for the pull off with out holding up the pull.

Re: Congrats SOMEDAY & LOCK n LOAD teams! July 01, 2010 04:24AM
If it works so well for the super farm class, why not all classes. Lets see Goodwin go out there and hook it 2 times every night.

Re: Congrats SOMEDAY & LOCK n LOAD teams! July 01, 2010 05:17AM
You ain't gonna see Gooowin hooking 2 times a night.
You aint gonna see no heavy DSS classes in Texas (unless they are STATE hooks).
You aint gonna see no state hooks for DSS in Iowa or Nebraska.
Just sayin'

Re: Congrats SOMEDAY & LOCK n LOAD teams! July 01, 2010 08:45AM
Outlaws will use this on classes that are lower maintence with big numbers that are effected by track changing

Re: Congrats SOMEDAY & LOCK n LOAD teams! July 01, 2010 09:37AM
Ruins the crappy class even more. Who wants to see percentage pulling!

Re: Congrats SOMEDAY & LOCK n LOAD teams! July 01, 2010 12:05AM
I was there to every day as I have been for the last 25 years. Track conditions always change there with big numbers. Some tractors that suck have won. Sunday Norm clearly had the most power and made the best use of it. Attention to detail.

Re: Congrats SOMEDAY & LOCK n LOAD teams! July 01, 2010 03:19PM
i have been going to tomah for 23 years and almost always the track does change in a class of 50 super farms so i guess thats just life. Id like to congratulate the someday team,doctor deere,and the wide loose deere teams for strong runs on thursday nite and by the way the wide loose deere got it done with a way later hook so mabey the track didnt change as much as we think.

Re: Congrats SOMEDAY & LOCK n LOAD teams! July 07, 2010 10:34AM
it change some. very hard for 50 to pull in same groove

Re: Congrats SOMEDAY & LOCK n LOAD teams! July 07, 2010 04:32PM
ok the someday tractor is ran by my father. and i can garentee that tractor does NOT suck.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,955, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,038.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009