Eye RollingHow to check for Illegal WaterEye Rolling June 27, 2010 01:14PM
Im looking for ways to check water with out freezing it. Yes our class runs water mixed with a pump lube but Im wondering about some other stuff that guys might be running. Maybe test strips or some other type of testing is out there I know there is we never had this problem before so..... let me know what you got

Re: Eye RollingHow to check for Illegal WaterEye Rolling June 27, 2010 01:59PM
buy a high dollar test like ppl. otherwise you are screwed. there is no cheap way to do it

Re: Eye RollingHow to check for Illegal WaterEye Rolling June 27, 2010 03:21PM
Sounds like you have a bad apple

Re: Eye RollingHow to check for Illegal WaterEye Rolling June 27, 2010 03:48PM
super fan...u dont even know how much that made me laugh.....god thats funny

Re: Eye RollingHow to check for Illegal WaterEye Rolling June 27, 2010 04:27PM
checking for anything/everything that someone can use to cheat with is pretty tough. But, I good place to start is going to a home brewing store and picking up a hydrometer. That will at least ferret out the guys using windshield washer fluid or any other alcohol for that matter. Make sure what they are running is at least close to 1.00. To make you look a little better, take a few popular oil/lubricant additives and mix them according to directions and test them with the hydrometer first and give yourself a little experience. It'll help you figure out what you're looking for. There are a lot of additives out there that do work- some are safe to use, some not so safe- especially in the hands of someone that doesn't know what he's doing. Best of luck to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Eye RollingHow to check for Illegal WaterEye Rolling June 28, 2010 12:46AM
Germane labs has reagent A. Take a small sample of the water and put in 2 drops. It will turn red if it has any alcohol, Glycol, washer fluid , Antifreeze, or any other alcohol product. It will also work on alcohol in gasoline. The hydrometer test is also needed.

Re: Eye RollingHow to check for Illegal WaterEye Rolling June 28, 2010 09:43AM
What kind of pump lubes are safe I run Gunk Brand water pump lube

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2010 10:05AM by Hotsmallblock.

Re: Eye RollingHow to check for Illegal WaterEye Rolling June 28, 2010 09:48AM
Alright im new to this testing stuff whats a hyro meter and where do i get one, and what the cost what if its something else besides alcohol I think it could be something better I think I know what it is I just don't want to say it this will open a BIG BAG @#$%& IF IT this gets out there to other people

Re: Eye RollingHow to check for Illegal WaterEye Rolling June 28, 2010 11:23AM
It is a bit cloudy, or should I say shady,but Eye see NITRO! or mabye something else,gold and silver are good for my Eye.....

Re: Eye RollingHow to check for Illegal WaterEye Rolling June 28, 2010 12:01PM
A pyrometer is used to test the specfic gravity of the substance. Water has a base value of 1.0. Anything other than a 1.0 reading will tell you there is an additive.

DPS

Re: Eye RollingHow to check for Illegal WaterEye Rolling June 28, 2010 01:21PM
Rod Doctor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A pyrometer is used to test the specfic gravity of
> the substance. Water has a base value of 1.0.
> Anything other than a 1.0 reading will tell you
> there is an additive.
>
> DPS

a pyrometer is used to measure exhaust temp. you mean a "hydrometer"

Re: Eye RollingHow to check for Illegal WaterEye Rolling June 28, 2010 02:43PM
Call the guys at stern oil in southdakota. There fuel and water program is great and takes all guess work out of testing samples.

Re: Eye RollingHow to check for Illegal WaterEye Rolling June 29, 2010 12:53AM
A lot of people use hydrogen peroxide, which has specific gravity very close to water. You could probably check the PH and if it is basic hydrogen peroxide is most likely present.

Re: Eye RollingHow to check for Illegal WaterEye Rolling June 29, 2010 12:42AM
Here's a link to a hydrometer:
link

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2010 12:43AM by TH.

Re: Eye RollingHow to check for Illegal WaterEye Rolling June 29, 2010 09:28AM
May I ask what would be the advantage to using hydrogen peroxcie????? If it would be that I know thats easy to test for. I know I can get strips to check for that

Re: Eye RollingHow to check for Illegal WaterEye Rolling June 29, 2010 11:55AM
Below is a brief description of hydrogen peroxide. Please note the comments regarding oxidating properties.

"Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) is a very pale blue liquid, slightly more viscous than water, that appears colorless in dilute solution. It has strong oxidizing properties, and is a powerful bleaching agent. It is used as a disinfectant, antiseptic, oxidizer, and in rocketry as a propellant.[2] The oxidizing capacity of hydrogen peroxide is so strong that it is considered a highly reactive oxygen species."

DPS

Re: Eye RollingHow to check for Illegal WaterEye Rolling June 30, 2010 02:21AM
Correct!! One volume of hydrogen peroxide yields 10 volumes of oxygen!!>>more fuel>>more power

Re: Eye RollingHow to check for Illegal WaterEye Rolling June 30, 2010 03:25AM
Are they using straight 3% H2O2 in their injection or straight 35% H2O2. Would not the higher percent solutions be very corrosive to the motor?

Re: Eye RollingHow to check for Illegal WaterEye Rolling June 30, 2010 04:05AM
Even higher than 35. They are using lab grade. I have heard HORROR stories of corrosion.

Re: Eye RollingHow to check for Illegal WaterEye Rolling June 30, 2010 08:30AM
if its that bad i wouldn't think it would be ran!!

Re: Eye RollingHow to check for Illegal WaterEye Rolling June 30, 2010 09:50AM
I'm completely with you, but to some people winning is worth everything and anything$$

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,571, Posts: 229,597, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,853.

Our newest member BadHabit2