Eye RollingWhat puller has hooked to most number of times? June 30, 2010 03:58AM
Question #1---- What retired puller has hooked to a pulling sled the most times in their life time?

Question#2---- What active puller has hooked to a pulling sled the most times?

Bryan L. is right ,I need to clarify- The pullers need to have hooked in NTPA/ATPA/Outlaws/PPl/SRO/ level of competition.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2010 05:58AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Eye RollingWhat puller has hooked to most number of times? June 30, 2010 04:37AM
Bob Jostock certainly has to be considered as the active driver with the most hooks. JW

Re: Eye RollingWhat puller has hooked to most number of times? June 30, 2010 05:02AM
I don't know about those. But I think the vehicle with the most hooks may be the Iron eagle from the Hayes Family stable.

Re: Eye RollingWhat puller has hooked to most number of times? June 30, 2010 11:08PM
beyond a reasonable doubt, Esdon has got to be one of the top people!

Re: Eye RollingWhat puller has hooked to most number of times? June 30, 2010 05:02AM
q 1-for a retired puller i would have to say ,if your talking about a national circuit,it would be dave banter. im basing this on they had 2 tractors which he drove both.and pulled in 3 classes.so thats 6 hooks per event,if your counting actual hooks to a sled,after adding pull offs ,i would think he would be out front by a good ways...q 2-id guess,al koch,or dave haley.both were around in the begining,and both have multiple tractors at varios times throughout there carreers.and are still active.

Re: Eye RollingWhat puller has hooked to most number of times? June 30, 2010 05:07AM
Lots of gray area here Dick. Is your question specifically for NTPA/PPL/Outlaw-level classes, or would that include pullers that have for example a Division 3 NATPA tractor and a SF or PS in their stable too? You can make 4 trips down the track in many cases in antiques at any given event, so that blurs the line a little. If youre counting strictly a class like SS or TWD, Jay Fuqua has to be in that argument given he's right around 30 years in competition now, even though he hooked on a limited basis last year. There's a number of guys I can think of that have run on both levels (Wheeler Rittinger was one) and the number of runs they made would be significant. Just a thought.

Re: Eye RollingWhat puller has hooked to most number of times? June 30, 2010 08:51AM
Dave Banter would be a strong candidate for the retired puller with the most hooks.. Esdon Lehn,L D Nation,and Holmans would be strong candidates for active pullers with the most hooks.

Bennie McKinnon probably backed his D-21 up to as many sleds as anyone but lots of it was state level pulling.

Re: Eye RollingWhat puller has hooked to most number of times? June 30, 2010 09:30AM
DENNIS CHRISTINSON WITH THE PACK RATS HAVE BEEN UP AND DOWN TRACKS SINCE I BELIVE 1969 IF MY DAD HAS TOLD ME CORRECT. LOTS OF STATE AND REGIONAL HOOKS. ALSO THERE IS MR. DICK OLSON ALL BE IT NOT IN NTPA COMPITION BUT HE HAS SOME MEAN COCKSHOUTS THAT BEEN PULLING JUST ABOUT EVERY PULL IN MINNESOTA SINCE THE BEGINNING AND HE ISNT STOPPING YET. HE PULLS WITH THE CENTRAL MINNESOTA PULLERS NOW. Grinning

Re: Eye RollingWhat puller has hooked to most number of times? June 30, 2010 11:21AM
nytpa puller Albert LaRue 500 plus

Dennis Christenson.. (DOC) July 06, 2010 04:25AM
Doc has been runnen with ntpa since the the seventies...

Re: Eye RollingWhat puller has hooked to most number of times? June 30, 2010 12:03PM
Active pullers- Holman Bros, Neil Gettinger, Esdon Lehn, Wayne Sullivan, Dick McPherson, LD Nation.

Retired- Banter Bros, John Klug, Wheeler Rittinger, Bob Smith, Wayne Rausch, Danny Dean.

Re: Eye RollingWhat puller has hooked to most number of times? June 30, 2010 01:13PM
jerry van dorpe

Re: Eye RollingWhat puller has hooked to most number of times? June 30, 2010 03:51PM
Esdon Lehn,Lustiks,Gettinger,Begeman,Holtmans,Sullivans

Re: Eye RollingWhat puller has hooked to most number of times? June 30, 2010 06:47PM
Retired: Henry Piper probably hooked more than most mentioned...Dennis Schnitker is no stranger to hooking up to a sled either.

Re: Eye RollingWhat puller has hooked to most number of times? July 01, 2010 03:15AM
My father Harold Rydahl has been pulling since the early 60's and is still pulling today. Started out pulling on cement in the 60's.
Pulled on dirt in the 70's with NTPA and CMTPA(Wolverine) in the 5,000 Super Stock division. Retired the Cockshutt 40 in the late 80's and pulled local stuff through the 90's and now pulling the LLSS class with a 570 and 40 Cockshutt in Michigan. He has been pulling for 45+ years and still pulling. The Cockshutt 40 has been hookin for 45+ years as well.

Re: Eye RollingWhat puller has hooked to most number of times? July 04, 2010 12:25PM
Also there is Art Arfon on the old modified "green monster"!

Re: Eye RollingWhat puller has hooked to most number of times? July 04, 2010 12:29PM
schnitker still pulls too i believe

Re: Eye RollingWhat puller has hooked to most number of times? July 05, 2010 03:39PM
what about the Curtis Pearson and the pro fox? also dont forget Al Koch?

Re: Eye RollingWhat puller has hooked to most number of times? July 05, 2010 03:44PM
Norm Shaid out of IL ran a 1066 in alot of IL pulls and I dont know if he still pulls but I was there the day about 10 years ago when he made his 50th year pulling at the McHenry County Fair. Thought he should be mentioned he is a great man and a big help to me in my pulling career.

Re: Eye RollingWhat puller has hooked to most number of times? July 05, 2010 03:54PM
Don't forget Don Masterson and the Tinker Toy..... not sure how long Don has been pulling but I'm sure since the 70's.

Re: Eye RollingWhat puller has hooked to most number of times? July 07, 2010 08:08AM
would guess the 70s also

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009