light limited build advice June 30, 2010 04:54PM
im looking into building a light limited tractor, and was wanting any and all advice from experienced pullers. im going to base it on a ih 460 chassis and would like to run the dt 466 with a p-pump or rotary pump not sure which direction to run in with that but with that said guys thanks ahead for advice.

Re: light limited build advice June 30, 2010 10:58PM
Personally I would step up to the 560 rear and definetly use a p-pump!!!

Re: light limited build advice June 30, 2010 11:50PM
I agree with Tim1573, if your going to run a 466 you better be looking at a 560. The rearends in the 460 can't handle the horsepower. You will be spending a lot of money building rearends.

Re: light limited build advice July 01, 2010 05:21AM
well what trans is most running or can you just modify the existing?

Re: light limited build advice July 01, 2010 06:59AM
I am running a 560 on alky, I run with some guys that run 460's with 301's and they have a hard time keeping there rearend in tact.

Re: light limited build advice July 01, 2010 09:15AM
ok thanks and as far as an engine goes whats just some basic mods to start on? cam, valve train, ect....?

Re: light limited build advice July 01, 2010 04:56PM
I think you will be running ORVTPA, HERE ARE THE RULES!

1} Cubic inch

(A) Diesel Engine- 470

(Cool Spark ignition on alcohol-370

(C) Spark ignition on gasoline naturally aspirated-850, there will be no 850 cid naturally aspirated tractors allowed in the class after the 1 competitor now competing (David Bewley) rebuild

2} A1% tolerance will be given on cubic inch limitations to allow for normal engine wear

{a) All engines will be checked for cubic inch before the first pull

3} No V-8 engines permitted

4} Cast iron OEM cylinder heads only, cylinder head must match block

5} Cylinder heads limited to 2 valves per cylinder

6} Engine must match brand of tractor

7} No intercoolers and/or after coolers allowed

8} Rear of engine must be in stock location for make and model of rear end and transmission housing, maximum 1-inch adapter plate

9} No super chargers allowed

10} Single turbo charger of a size not to exceed a 3-inch diameter measured at the front face of the wheel with one single air inlet with no additional openings in compressor housing outside of the 3 inch inlet

(a) Compressor wheel must enter into the compressor housing

(b) No MAF enhancement, all plugs will be welded non- removable

11} No fuel injection pump larger than a 6- cylinder P series pump will be accepted

12} Water injection allowed with oil lubricant only, no additives allowed in injection water

Frame

1} Maximum length 13 feet measured from center of rear axle to forward most point excluding tow hook

2} Maximum wheelbase 114 inches

3} OEM tractor rear end and transmission housings only will be accepted, no component tractors allowed

4} Hitch will be no SHORTER than 18 inches measured from the center of the rear axle to the hooking point.

5} Maximum hitch height 20 inches

Tires

1} Maximum tire size 30.5x 32

2} Minimum tire size 18.4x 38

Fuel

1} Acceptable fuels are diesel fuel, alcohol, and gasoline

2} No oxygen carriers or combustion accelerators will be permitted

3} No Ether starting aid can be on the tractor

Weight

1} Weight for the class is 6000 pounds with no tolerance given at time of weigh in

2} All tractors must carry at least 200 pounds of moveable weight

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,956, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,039.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009