Funding that tractor or truck?? July 01, 2010 02:57PM
I am just curious as to how many of these guys that have pro stock tractors, modified trucks, two wheel drive mods, or whatever else is running out there now, can afford this sport. For example, if i wanted to get started a pro stock tractor. Maybe a John deere or maybe a Massey Ferguson. Who could i talk to or where would i start to get going? Then how would I afford to keep it going because it sure isn't by winning pulls. So tell me how you do it. Simple question because i am sure there is someone out there who is wanting to tractor pull who is having trouble getting started and could use a hand.

Re: Funding that tractor or truck?? July 01, 2010 04:42PM
There isn't really one blanket answer that would cover everyone in the sport. Some run it through their business, some have the money saved up, some borrow to get started, or inherited money.... the options are really endless on how to get started. One thing to remember is that the initial build which may seem like a steep climb is really just the tip of the ice berg if you want to be competitive.

Those with the most money have the most options in this sport, when it comes to suppliers, parts, labor, chassis, haulers, etc. As the money decreases the need for "in house" and creativity start to increase.

There is no right or wrong just different ways for every different team out on the track today. And most will lend at least some FREE advice or maybe a helping hand to anyone trying get started.

Re: Funding that tractor or truck?? July 02, 2010 12:55AM
Most are farmers!! Seems they have plenty of mooola.

Re: disagree July 03, 2010 12:07AM
I would disagree with "The most are farmers" statement. There are all walks of life in pulling. For every farmer there is a tractor that belongs to a non farmer, besides who started the sport. If that statement were true I would have one of my own! Pick any class in any big association and start counting who owns the tractors I think you will be surprised.

Re: disagree July 03, 2010 12:22AM
Great topic. I am not a puller so I can't contribute much other than to say that it is interesting to hear pullers or the announcer talk about what guys do for a living. Seems like the best combination is to be a farmer with a lot of acres who also has a trucking business or at least already owns a semi. Other guys are professional mechanics, have an inheritance or lawsuit settlement. Then there are the guys who make money in sales or other careers, but have a farming background and interest in pulling. There are also those who pull who have always had a pulling tractor in the family. Its in their blood and they are willing to put a higher percentage of their disposable income into their tractor. No vacations, work overtime or a 2nd job in the summer.

I'll just say "Thank you" to all of the pullers for spending so much time and money to put on great shows for all of us "poor folk" who can't afford to come and play!

Re: disagree July 03, 2010 01:11AM
Good topic. I would say the bulk of pullers have some connection to agriculture but many don't. How do you afford it? That's a whole different story. For instance we have a couple dozen cattle that we sell as freezer beef, we also have a small powder coating operation primarily we are full time soldiers. To afford pulling is a task in itself. The fun costs alot, fuel, food, travel expense, oil and expendables, not to mention the initial cost of it all. There is little money to win and much risk to take but the friendships and good times definitely outweigh the costs. I have my moments of frustration but mostly pulling is a hell of a lotta fun. We do spend a fair amount of money on it but we kind of budget that amount out of regular income so we can afford it. But it's after all the other more relevant commitments are taken care of, college funds, retirement, regular bills etc.That's how we manage it.

Re: disagree July 04, 2010 04:37AM
We find most are on welfare\ farming , or spending daddys money on land that they never paid for ;you have to have mechanical abblities to keep up with the breakin parts, if you pay for that someone will put the screws to you ; some go for awhile, file bankrupty , start all over like its no big deal , alot of money just to watch go up in smoke !!!

Re: Funding that tractor or truck?? July 03, 2010 04:32PM
Are there any sponsors that can be recommended that would be interested in funding a "rookie" puller trying to get started or is that out of the question....

It is pretty simple July 04, 2010 01:27AM
Go buy yourself a herd of milk cows and watch the money roll in! Great topic

Re: It is pretty simple July 04, 2010 01:53AM
My $.02 would be to start up some kind of business or service to increase income from what you already have. Yea i know you alrealdy knew that but as long as your making it finanically sound now, start up something to generate income and put that income to fund the pulling 100%. I wouldnt recommend livestock but if thats what your good at then that would work. Become road commisioner, sell sweet corn, grow a huge garden, jockey equipment, mechanic on the side. Any of these will (should) generate between $8,000-$12,000 per year and that will add up fast, may not be able to do super farm but hot farm would definatly be in the picture. This may sound really retarded but beleive ME it works!

Re: It is pretty simple July 04, 2010 01:58AM
Try Amway.

Re: It is pretty simple July 04, 2010 01:55AM
Having a heard of cows is like having an open loan at the bank. Just make sure you are so far into the bank that they can not get out. Then what would another 100-200K be for a pulling tractor. They never seem to care how you spend the money they give farmers. I have a nieghbor that pays himself $150,000 a year to manage his 800 cow farm. The bank is ok with this. He says he will ride it out as long as the bank will let him and then walk away. He claims his new house, cars, trucks, and toys are all protected. He never pays for anything out of his own pocket. Even pays his bar bill with the farm cc.

Re: It is pretty simple July 04, 2010 02:10AM
Got to be a stimulus plan somewhere!

Re: It is pretty simple July 04, 2010 05:22AM
Maybe then i should just call our not so great president and ask him for 300,000 dollars and just go with that. It seems he like to blow money he doesn't have either. Me and him will get along with each other at least for one thing.

Re: thank you July 04, 2010 05:26AM
I really do appreciate your comments. They were very helpful, and i like the idea of doing little jobs on the side. That actually sounds better than begging someone for money. Working for and earning the money for a hobby will definetely make me feel better about the project. thanks to all and more suggestions will be appreciated.

Re: thank you July 04, 2010 06:16AM
i have funded my tractors by working at extra jobs on the side.something to always remember when taking on a project is to listen and learn everything you can about the new adventure,and when money is tight,learn from other pullers mistakes and only spend your money one time,and not on parts that might work together,but on parts that do work together.personally i think it is very wise to follow pullers that constantly update thier equipement,and aquire the slightly used stuff,that you have seen go down the track.if on a budget,you can go a long way,for a lot less,if your not hell bent on wining every time out.

Re: thank you July 04, 2010 09:12AM
Here is the best advice. Not what you are looking to hear. Don't do it if you have to work for it because you will never get anywhere. I will quaulify this though. If you have a personality that you can deal with the cheaters, suppliers and if you have to work for it you will never be a winner. If you can go out and pull just for your satisfaction then by all means get a second or third job. If any of the above will bother you then DO NOT get into pulling. It is a rich mans sport at any level. It costs alot of money to go fast to win. By no means am I saying hard work does not go a long way, but you need the good stuff too. If you have kids or want to have them anytime soon think long and hard. Pulling is an addiction like racing. I know people that have lost everything over pulling. I am not to that point, but am getting older and basically have nothing other than a pulling tractor. Like I said if you have to work for it, it will be hard. Just remember eveytime the UPS truck comes it will be thousands of dollars. I guess the way to do it is be born rich, have a company footing the bill ( then it is even a tax wright off), inharet a pile of money, or screw others out of there money. I don't want to sound like a downer, but these are facts. Make your own choice. I have enjoyed and hated pulling for the last years, but if I could do it over I would not have done it. I could have a house paid for twice over.

Re: thank you July 04, 2010 10:46AM
You know, if you make things right with The Lord, then the rest will follow. I recall reading an article in The Puller Magazine many years ago on the Boyd family out of Indiana (famous for the Lucas Oil Pro Stock Deeres). I remember reading what Steve Boyd said about priorities. He claimed that if you make things right with The Lord, the rest will follow. Apparently The Boyds have their priorities in the right order. Maybe we all should take after them?

Re: thank you July 04, 2010 12:17PM
mark my words the lord will not put money into your pocket. I will not get religous on here but that is rediculous

Re: thank you July 04, 2010 12:43PM
Many people can justify anything they do in the name of the Lord. How did Boyds get so rich? How do the people that work for them live? How is their health insurance? Even if it is good it could be better. You belive if you make things right with the Lord he or she will make you richer and somebody else poorer? Also do you think God is worried about tractor pulling with everything else that is going on in this world? With your thinking you must belive God helps those who help themselves. You may take that is take everything you can. I don't think that is what it was supposed to mean. Boyds are nuts just like Joe Gibbs. All I can say is I pray for you like the new country song. Religion has no place in tractor pulling other than to pray for everyones safety.

Re: thank you July 04, 2010 01:49PM
The truth is hard for some people to accept. To say that Our Lord Jesus Christ has no place at a tractor pull except to pray for someone's safety is very hypocritical. Why do you want God to ignore you until you call for help? Are you doing something at a tractor pull that you would rather not have your creator see? Perhaps if people's faith took a more upfront role in how they act at tractor pulls you wouldn't have to look for cheaters around every corner. I know for some people having a conscience would be a terrible thing at tractor pull. I personally do not think who wins at a tractor pull is very important to God, but I do believe how we act is. I don't know the Boyds, and I havent read the article mentioned but I have a feeling what they were trying to relate may have been Colossians 3:17 "Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father." Meaning that if you build a tractor or drive it, you should give your all and do it to the best of your abilites so that your actions honor God. And they may have also been refering to tithing. People who give the first 10% of their income to God are blessed by God. (Don't believe me??? Try it and see what happens!) And finally, as for the statement of praying like that country song, I feel sorry for you. Here is something you may want to consider......... Genesis 12:3 "And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed."

Re: thank you July 04, 2010 02:12PM
AMEN brother!!!! Finally someone who UNDERSTANDS how it works!!!! One thing to think about, Our Lord and Saviour has WAY more to give us than any bank ever could!!!! I remember looking at a Pro Stock tractor (Pro Fox to be exact) out of Minnesota, and right up on the hood, there was a decal that said, "Jesus IS THE ANSWER"......indeed HE is.

Re: thank you July 04, 2010 02:26PM
Don't have to fell sorry for me. I try to treat people as I would want them to treat me. I may not be rich, but I can sleep at night. The bible has been rewritten so many times and everybody can put their own spin on it. Be a good person is what the Lord is looking for, not to use his or her name to justify your actions. Look around who sits up front in church or trys to buy their way into heaven.

Re: thank you July 04, 2010 07:23PM
ok. so i always sit at the back at church with my gf. I am I going to hell? I am a good guy just had bad luck.

Re: thank you July 04, 2010 02:38PM
Is second place 10% and 20% first place? Sounds like a shake down from the mob. Some people only quote the parts of the bible that work for them. Some churches want you to give till it hurts others you only own the shirt on your back. Are they right or only you. What religion is the correct one. What if I was a Jew or a Muslim.

Re: thank you July 04, 2010 03:09PM
Anyone who has not accepted Jesus Christ as their personal saviour will spend eternity in Hell. I wish there was an easier, more "popular" answer. But there isn't! There is only One GOD and He sent his son Jesus Christ to die for all men's sins. John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." A tithe is givivng God back that which is HIS. Farmers most of all should know this. Put a seed in the ground and the only reason it will grow is because God allows it. He only asks for 10% back from all that he provides for us. Like I said before, if you don't think it works, try to disprove it. Give God 10% and see what happens.
There are many dishonest and hypocritical churches out there. There are many cults masquerading as churches as well. An honest church will preach and adhere to the Bible and ONLY the Bible. They will teach and believe in ALL of the Bible. It is the Inspired word of God penned by men.
Now back to the question that originally inspired this thread. To fund your tractor you should determine your level of commitment and include the amount of your available help and knowledge. Sometimes you can find a partner who shares the interest and will share the cost and time load of the sport. I like the answer of working hard for your tractor. The harder you work, the more accomplishment you will feel as you see improvement. The other thing that you can do is educate yourself. Hang around people who will tell you why things work the way they do and why some win and some don't. Read up on the builds people have done and what made their setup better than others. Know your limitations; both engineering wise and financially. And most importantly, prioritize! Don't let your hobby consume your life and or destroy your marriage.

Re: thank you July 04, 2010 04:21PM
Thank God we live in the USA so not everybody has to be right as you are. I think God is going to damm everybody to hell that picked the wrong religion. Most people go to the church thier parents took them too. So now because your great, great great, great grandparents went to the wrong church God is going to send you to hell? I think God is more forgiving than that.

Re: thank you July 04, 2010 05:06PM
Read your Bible. If you dont have one go buy one. If you can't buy one, borrow one. It is 100% truth. One major problem in this country is that nobody seems to realize the meaning of truth......[[You can thank your former president who lied under oath and duped people into believing that the truth is subject to interpertation]] God is not a feeling or an opinion. He is a fact. Everyone must make their own decision regarding their soul. You can't get to heaven on what your parents believe, or what your grand parents did. You must make your own decision on whether or not you will accept Jesus Christ as your personal saviour. There is only one way to heaven despite what popular "culture" in our country says today. I love this country and I thank God that everyone here (for now) has the right to decide for themselves. God will forgive us our sins if we repent of them and believe in Him. God is just. God is love. God is merciful. He gave us a very clear instruction manual for life and I hope everyone reads it so they can be informed of the Truth.
I realize that the things I have posted may come off as preachy. I understand that not everyone agrees with me, that is every American's right (for now) I do not post what I believe here because I want you to agree with my opinion. I post so that you can hear the truth and perhaps make the best and most important decision of your life. It will save your soul. God bless you and I hope to see you in Heaven.

Re: thank you July 05, 2010 01:10AM
One thing to remember is that the bible was not wrote buy jesus or God but instead was wrote buy those that witnessed his life. The point I'm making here is that a person should never exactlly quote the bible because it is not wrote by jesus so it may not be written with gods intentions but more so one persons understandings and interpatations. Also remember it was wrote 400 years after his death. I indead beleive a person needs his faith so he will have an ability to have a sole or consonice no matter if it is Cathlic, Lutherion, Methadis or any other religion. I remember a movie I once saw and there was a line used that I found to be the best representation of Gods intentions. "When you break a stick I will be there, when you lift a rock I will be there" Basically stating no church or confession will protect you. The actions you do on a daily bases will be you deciding factor.
Chucky

Re: thank you July 05, 2010 05:28AM
Just a small lesson in the Word Of God. The Word was given to men by divine inspiration. It does not contradict its self, it is true an infallable, So when you quote from the Bible your are taking God's Word as given to men. Man did not point his view point on God's Word when writing the scripture.

Re: thank you July 05, 2010 07:27AM
I guess the point I was trying to make is that it is more important to be a good person and live by the golden rule then to be a member of a religion of any sorts and like you said the bible was wrote by devine intervention which means it is a person persective of what they were told and not a quote.
Don't get me wrong I am a practicing Cathlic but I also try to look at thing from differant angles and still beleive it is more important to do on to other as you would have done on to you then any thing else and also beleive that there is a fine line between beleiveing in your faith what ever it may be and being holyier then thou trying to force thier religion on to others when in the end are any of us right???
I do find religion interesting and appetiate others input but I beleive in the end your religion should be your own belief.
Chucky

Enough all ready!!!!!!!! July 06, 2010 02:44PM
If you belive in god and all that stuff, go for it. Leave the rest of us out of it. Now, If we get that though to the musilm whacko`s, the world would be a much better place.

Re: Enough all ready!!!!!!!! July 06, 2010 04:05PM
Man, you have ALOT to learn

Religion, Money, Pulling July 07, 2010 02:54AM
I don’t belittle anyone for their beliefs, or even lack thereof. I’m 100% positive that God will someday correct me on my inerrant interpretations of his word. I’m not 100% infallible (his word is) and I don’t profess that every bible study I’ve ever done is exactly the way God meant his word.

For me the first question is: do you believe in God?

If the answer is No, how did we get here? Evolution? Well, as a former Geologist, please show me the transitional species in the fossil record. Show me the mathematical timeline for evolution based on our most current “scientific” measurement for the age of the Earth. Explain to me how there is so much data in the DNA of a single cell organism, and how that data evolved into such organized information. For those that choose evolution or random chance… that takes a great deal of faith without actual evidence. You’ve put you faith in scientists who continue to rewrite the scientific theories. So much faith that evolution can actually be viewed as a religion.

So what if you believe in God… you look in nature and you can’t help but see the signature of the creator. You see our world and how some species are codependent on each other and know they could not have evolved that way… how do you know what religion to trust?

First let me say that I’m a Christian, I view the world with my Christian glasses on. I wasn’t always a Christian, it actually wasn’t until college that I started to contemplate how we actually came to be. So yes, I have a Christian bias so please take that into account and weigh that as you see fit. Like anything, religion is a personal choice, but not one which should be taken lightly. My advice is to do what I did… do some research, read up on the major religions. Read what the religions actually say. Read what the detractors of each religion say. Make sure you study out the claims that the proponents and detractors make. There can only be ONE truth, and after you study out the claims, prophesy, fulfillment of prophesy, and the independent historian verification you can start to get a little clearer picture of what you choose to believe.

You can choose to believe in Christ (as I do) or you can choose to believe in any other religion, you can make up you own religion if you want, you can pray to crystals, you can choose not to believe in anything… it’s your choice… not choosing is even a choice. Remember, no matter what you choose, there is still only one truth, one true picture of how we came to be and what the plan for our redemption is.

I think most people believe they are “good” people. So what’s the measure of “good”? Is being “good” measured against your neighbor? No, God uses an independent measuring stick… not your neighbor, not the guy across the road… he uses his own standards. The Bible lays out clearly the we have ALL fallen short of the glory of God.

How this relates to tractor pulling:
God doesn’t give you wealth because you believe in him. God doesn’t let you win a pull because you believe in him. God doesn’t keep the rods in your tractor because you believe in him. Prosperity doctrine in not what God is all about. God’s gift of Christ was to redeem our sin for eternal salvation, not so we can sit in air conditioning eating bonbons.

I go to church, I think everyone should find a church and worship our lord and savior, but going or not going to church isn’t going to get you into heaven. I’m expecting to meet countless people in heaven who have never set foot in a church. Church attendance isn’t going to put more money in your pocket, or hair on your head, that’s not what the bible is about. It’s about believing with all you heart. If you go to church on Sunday it doesn’t mean you win the following week.

I also expect that there will be plenty of people who go to church every week, but don’t believe with their heart, they don’t have that personal relationship and will not spend eternity with God.
There are plenty of people who label themselves as a Christian, but don’t have any beliefs based on biblical teachings… for some reason they say they are a specific denomination but instead they are truly agnostic, but simply don’t label themselves as such. Their non-belief isn’t going to keep them from winning pulls, and it isn’t going to make the cam fly out of the side of their block.

If Boyd’s have a strong faith in Christ, then good for them, that’s great. Does that help them win pulls? Probably not. As a Christian we should be concerned with storing up treasures in heaven and not on Earth.

Lets get back to Tractor Pulling, and for those who are still on the fence, please, I implore you to study out your choices. Study with all your heart and an open mind and the truth will reveal itself to you. If you have any questions please email me, I’m not theologian, but I am always willing to try my best to point someone in a direction that will help answer your questions.

This page is about pulling, but let’s never forget our most important priorities, and for me, pulling comes after faith and family. How you fund you tractor and what you believe is different for everyone and very personal. You are free to believe what you choose, and fund your tractor any way you choose.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Religion, Money, Pulling July 07, 2010 03:02AM
That is good and true, but come December 21, 2012, what is going to matter???????
JW

Re: Religion, Money, Pulling July 07, 2010 03:09AM
It will still matter because... the Mayan calendar will run out, my hair will grow back, and a Chevy powered mini will win the GN points again! Nostradamus told me so! Winking

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Religion, Money, Pulling July 08, 2010 02:06AM
Okay! Now I am really offended. You better take this board down or I am going to sue. You can't disrespect my Chebbies like that. And, we would all like our hair to grow back!!!! But, seriously, how can at least three different prognosticators all claim the same event and they were separated by oceans on different continents in an age where exploration had not even begun yet. It is not like there was the Internet, telephone, or even Morse code. The 12-21-12 event indicates a higher being may be in control!!???? I like the part about the agnostic. In discussing "religions", I think the "Mayan" connection is relevant.
JW
I am just kidding about the lawsuit!!!!
LRHOL

Re: Religion, Money, Pulling July 07, 2010 03:38AM
Jake you make a lot off good points. I remember a sermon our priest did one Sunday about how he became a Priest. He told us about his youth and how he was forced to go to church by his family and was set out to prove his family wrong. So he started to study religion trying to prove his family wrong and told us that the more he tried to prove them wrong the more he proved them right. Try as he might all the factual evidence kept leading to the same place to the bibles truth.
Chucky

Re: thank you July 05, 2010 06:10AM
I cant believe I am posting to this but I might as well jump on the wagon. I agree with the above post that the only reason that we believe in the things or in this case religion, is becasue somebody before us told us or educated us in THEIR beliefs. Every American or foreigner could have been raised any religion. So to sit around and argue about whether one religion is right or wrong is absoltely rediculous.

BTW I am happily married for twenty years to my college girl friend. She is Catholic, I am Lutheran. She goes to church and I go to weddings, funerals, and tractor pulls. The discussion each week is what my pulling schedule is and she lets me go by myself becasue she doesnt care for them. I dont make her go so all that I ask is for no bitching when I do.

DPS

Re: thank you July 05, 2010 08:13AM
Christ is not a religion but a belief. Neither your goodness, your works or any of your others human thoughts will help you get any where when it comes to eternity. It may make you feel good while here on this earth but that is about all you will get. Which is that nice warm fuzzy feeling you have been good.

Re: thank you July 05, 2010 08:44AM
I know each person has the right to believe in what they believe. If you need a bible/church/religion to tell you will live eternally that is fine. I just dont feel that way. When you make your pass down the track and the flagman waves the red flag your pull is over. I look at life the same way...when your life ends your body goes into the ground and your pull is over.

DPS

Re: thank you July 05, 2010 08:48AM
I feel sorry for you. You must think you and Boyds are the only people going to heaven. I had a grandpa that went to church everyday for the last 35 years of his life, belived, and lived what he belived helping many people. I am not even close to as good of person as hew was. In your book he is in hell now. I don't think so.

TO WOW July 05, 2010 09:26AM
I actually feel sorry for you not being able to comprehend plain english. I didn't say anywhere in my post that those that go to church are going to hell, I said church is not for me. I have no problem with people who do have a strong faith and as I said in post I married a religious women. I just take a more scientific approach to life and she and I are ok with that difference.

Work hard, live hard, and play hard! We are only here once.

BTW-Boyds are a religious family and they work hard like most successful people do.

DPS

Re: TO WOW July 05, 2010 09:33AM
We posted at the same time above so don't feel sorry for me. It was directed at the post above your previous one. I am sure Boyds did work hard like most rich people stepping on just as hard of working people as they are.

Re: TO WOW July 05, 2010 10:35AM
No problem.

Re: TO WOW July 05, 2010 11:52AM
The words you are talking about are not my words because my words are worthless, it is HIS Words that you need to concern yourself with and be willing to listen to. No with human understanding but by the spirit within which can speak to you.

Re: TO WOW July 06, 2010 04:53AM
There is only one way into heaven and good deeds and the best intentions are not it. Repent of your sins, acknowledge Christ as your savior and you will be saved. It hurts to know that even the best person who is the nicest and kindest person you know will fall short if they do not accept Christ as their personal savior. Feelings opinions and theories are just that..... not facts. Matt. 7 :13-14 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it".

This is still the tractor pulling site, right? July 06, 2010 02:59PM
While everyone is entitled to their own opinions and beliefs (and I support that) I prefer to read about who's building what, the arguments about what the best set up is, the controversy between Red & Green, etc.

I don't claim to know much about tractor pulling or religion, but on this site, I prefer to educate myself about pulling.

God Bless.

Re: This is still the tractor pulling site, right? July 07, 2010 03:08AM
There is much more to life than pulling. It is nice to go on tangents once i a while instead of trying to figure out who cheated the worst with what kind of water or the directions to this or that brush pull or who has the meanest offcolor hot profarm. JW

Re: brett July 06, 2010 03:41PM
Very well said on all of your beliefs - as a believer in Jesus Christ I find it amazing how many knowledgeable adults go by their feelings, thoughts, opinions, and rationalizations and in so doing are deceived rather than placing their trust in God who is beyond what words can describe. Maybe if more Christians were more committed in serving and volunteering within our churches others would come and sense the presence of God and believe. We need committed Christians in churches that are alive with the Word of God, teaching and preaching the entire Word of God, loving others as Christ has loved us, and standing strong on convictions. Amen to sharing Jesus Christ with others!

Re: thank you July 08, 2010 04:38AM
I'm so sorry, but I need to clear up some muddy water. You don't accept Christ. HE EXCEPTS YOU!

Thank you, Now back to truck and tractor pulling.

Re: It is pretty simple July 04, 2010 11:16AM
You hit that dead on. I work with larger size dairy operations. Agribusiness financial experts encourage the farms to be incorporated. They pay themselves first, run there personal expenses thru there operations, string out there bills to there venders as long as possible and when they get sent to collection. they want to settle for less then they owe. I have a individual who runs 1600 cows. Every time he expands he files for debt protection soon afterward. he has done this every 7 yrs for the past 28yrs. His home is worth 1 million dollars

Re: Funding that tractor or truck?? July 04, 2010 09:00AM
just about everybody I have known in pulling had some form of business. Whether it was farming plus a dozer business or trucking ect. they all have had a second source of income to help. We used to pull antique and the funds for that came from my overtime or buying and selling old tractor parts. We run own a lawn care business now and went to 1/4 scale tractors which is all tax deductable. Don't get me wrong just because they a small doesn't mean they are cheap to build or keep running - it is what we can afford to play with till the kids are through college.

Re: Funding that tractor or truck?? July 04, 2010 11:51AM
I know that budweiser used to do a lot of sponsoring in tractor pulling. why do they not sponsor a tractor or a truck? I would think that would be a good idea with ALL the beer drank at a tractor pull?

Re: Funding that tractor or truck?? July 04, 2010 11:57AM
Exactly, beer companys spend their money in other markets. At local pulls they have 100% market penetration!!!!!

Re: Funding that tractor or truck?? July 04, 2010 12:04PM
ya exactly and i was watching some old pulling videos the other day and they sponsored two vehicles a semi named bud boss and a twd mustang named bud avenger.

Re: Funding that tractor or truck?? (budweiser) July 04, 2010 12:09PM
see look at this beast payed for by budweiser. after bigfoot

Re: Funding that tractor or truck?? July 04, 2010 12:28PM
the videos bring back alot of memonies

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009