I have a question about the new NTPA rules. July 02, 2010 04:12AM
What do you call a machine with a billet block, billet aluminum head , SQHD rear end, custom hand made all aluminum hoods, chromoly frame and and profab tranny? It sure isnt a tractor........ Anybody know what it is? I sure dont... They sure are pretty, and OH BOY they make alot of power! But they arent tractors....... Someone, (pretty sure it was Jake) mentioned that they are pretty much single engine mods......They used to call those econo-mods around here because they were supposed to be an economical way to get into pulling.... I think with exorbitant price these machines are requiring to build they should be called EXORBO-MODS....
Anybody else know what they should be called?

Re: I have a question about the new NTPA rules. July 02, 2010 05:09AM
Small correction... they don’t have billet blocks yet. They can only run cast blocks right now, but that includes the aftermarket Hypermax block.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: I have a question about the new NTPA rules. July 02, 2010 05:54AM
Tougue Out Oopsy daisy! My mistake. I'm sure as soon as hypermax develops and perfects one it will get the green light..... First you sell 'em the cast aftermarket high performance blocks, then after everyone has one of those you sell 'em all again on a billet block.......! Tougue Out Thank you for the correction Mr Morgan!

Re: I have a question about the new NTPA rules. July 02, 2010 11:01AM
what class are you referring to exactly.

Re: I have a question about the new NTPA rules. July 02, 2010 01:00PM
I am sorry but I am sure I can tell if an oliver has a different block in it.. The herc. sounds about the same all the way around...

Re: I have a question about the new NTPA rules. July 03, 2010 01:49AM
To: “What do you call it?”: regarding the Hypermax block… you probably hit the nail on the head. It will be interesting to see the price tag on their billet block. It should really keep costs down!

To: “drh” all component tractors in NTPA are allowed to run any block and any hood combination regardless of manufacturer.

I call them Frankenstocks, they are parts from the graves of all sorts of different things. Just bolt everything together, put on some green or grey skins and call it what you want. It’s a hideous sort of monster that’s strong and doesn’t mean any harm, but it’s not natural. I’m not going to run around with a torch and a pick axe, but I’m not going to support an organization that takes the brand loyalty and tractor out of the tractor classes.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: I have a question about the new NTPA rules. July 03, 2010 03:06AM
this new rule started because a couple things. first was the cubic inch rule. going to 680 killed all the brands except red and green. Second is the Hyper block being made legal, thrid is the ntpa finds it easier to make rules so they don't have to tech things, and forth is the pullers that are short sighted and only want whats good for them, i want to win with my [fill in color here] with my [fill in motor here].

Re: I have a question about the new NTPA rules. July 03, 2010 12:26PM
What ever would happen if a real tractor won these days?! Will there be a ban on it eventually?

Re: I have a question about the new NTPA rules. July 03, 2010 03:02PM
Sorry if this question has already been asked about the new engine/sheet metal rule.In fact it may not even matter since the rule is "Any block / Any Hood?. My question is can a engine out of a combine or a forage chopper legal or not?.I seem to recall good some guys and his buddies wanted to run a engine out of a Gleaner combine that was 500 and some cubic inch ( exact # ? ). I thought it was a decent choice being it is or was in the AC family. I still think that engine was a better replacement engine choice ( that is if the engine is strong? ) than the DT engine they allowed. Just for the record, i am not affilated or even know the people who were campaigning for the use of that Gleaner engine. I just think that it would of been much better to at least keep blocks and hoods in the same family and NO Frankenstein tractors.BTW,i supported the components in the pro-stock class.

Also since Ford is under the New Holland banner,does this mean a Ford tractor can run a engine out of New Holland combine?. If so a Ford could run a Cat 3208 V-8 engine since some of the older New Holland combines ran that engine,TR 70 seems to be the combine model #.

Anyways like i said earlier,sorry if this has already been shaked and baked....Randy

PS,heres a picture i found on the web a couple years ago,this will make the IH guys cry,Sorry guys.....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2010 12:16AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: I have a question about the new NTPA rules. July 04, 2010 12:19AM
Yes we can run the Ford\NewHolland combine engine in our tractors. It is a FORD engine not a NewHolland they bolt up to the bell houseing. So yes they are legal. No a 3208 is not it won't bolt up has to bolt up.

No I do not agree with the sheet metal/engine rule BUT is there any cross dressing tractos out there????
Everyone is bitching about the rule but is anyone doing it?? If so throw rotten eggs at them bithcing about a rule that is not being exploited is not going to change it.

that is one ugly 1086 or what ever it is

Re: I have a question about the new NTPA rules. July 04, 2010 12:57AM
Yes that would be an 86 series IH its used at the tractor plant in Racine WI as a testing tractor for the new magnums and TG's. They pull these tractors around the parking lot to build heat in the new tractors to look for hydraulic leaks.

Re: I have a question about the new NTPA rules. July 04, 2010 05:27AM
LOL....Wouldnt there be a more high tech method to check for hydarlic leaks rather than dragging it around a parking lot!

DPS

Re: I have a question about the new NTPA rules. July 04, 2010 08:40AM
LOL! It is actually pretty interesting as they can control the load that the drag tractor puts on the new tractor, but I think they also test transmissions and things like that with them too. (I'm not really sure the tour guide knew what he was talking about as he mentioned the possibility of going to an IVECTOR engine...The last time I checked the plan was to use an IVECO engine in the magnum, but hey who knows what the Italian big bosses might have up their sleeve) They also have an all black 86 series there too, but oddly enough no red ones!

Re: I have a question about the new NTPA rules. July 03, 2010 04:33AM
I must say when i heard that they where going to alow component tractors in the Prostock class i didn't think that it was a good idea, now a few years later at the friday show at tomah, a tractor with a ag rearend won. Granted it was arguably one of the best drivers in the class, but it and the rest still held up to component tractors, so when i heard about the new rule, i didn't know what to think. I thought maybe that Ntpa was turning into Nascar which would be good for the sport's popularity. but i then i started thinking about how nascar still has the cars run manufacturer motors, ford to ford, chevy to chevy, ect. but let me remind you that nascar has manufacturer sponsorships, something due to tractor pulling's love for brand names. i believe that they are still tractors, sense the meaning of the word is. tractor >noun a powerful motor vehicle with large rear wheels, used mostly on farms for hauling equipment and trailers. -ORIGIN Latin, from trahere 'to pull'.

that is strait out of the dictionary. they are still tractors, they are just pulling tractors. what they are doing is just making more durable tractors, which drops cost in a sport that refuses to payback a proper amount for winning. until there's manufacturer's sponsership, i think it's ok, but thats just my two cents, i'm just trying to be open minded.

Shelby Page

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2010 12:32PM by klutch466.

Re: I have a question about the new NTPA rules. July 03, 2010 06:42AM
I to wasn't that pleased with the component pro stocks, but the saftey factor with the horsepower aproaching the limits of castings has to be first and foremost in everyones consideration. The any engine in any sheet metal rule is a abomonation to the sport. Personally when I see a Cockshut 40 with a big block Deere or a hypermax aluminum bock in it I'm done. To me the rule belittles what guys like Carlton Cope and Brian Schramik have acomplished with untold hours of thinking, working, and dollars invested. I've always been a Deere guy, but I love to see a AC, Massey, Ford, or a Moline make a Hell Of A Pass for the win. I'm all for making the brands more competitive, but their has to be a better way. Lower the cubic inch limit or something. I'm no expert but I have freind who was born with the Oliver emblem tatooed on his hind end and he told me that he would rather see a Oliver dead last than to see one make a full pull with a Deere or any other brand engine aluminum titaniam or gold. My freinds a I are all farmers and cross contamination of the brands will ruin it for us. In the late 70's and 80's we all attendended every pull within a 100 mile radius from home and also Louisville every year when we pretty well knew the IH's would win the classes, but we still went and had a good time, and when a AC, Oliver-Minnie, or a Deere made a good run or won It Was Awsome! For us it won't be worth it anymore. Just 5 guys opinoins Thanks

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,701, Posts: 229,801, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,951.

Our newest member CBeard