Attn LSS Pullers:Check out the East Central IL Swing July 03, 2010 08:39AM
Light Super Stock Competitors. Take advantage of your travel miles this week. Hit three pulls in four days within a 50 mile radius!!!!!

Starting Wednesday July 7th you can start in Fisher, IL for ITPA sanctioned LSS you can then move on to Danville, IL for IPA sanctioned LSS take a day off and recoupe and hit Penfield, IL on Saturday for more IPA sanctioning.

During the down time you history buffs can spend your down time in Penfield at the I&I show that will be going on during the weekend. This year featuring the Red Power Expo.

If you have any questions about times check out www.illianapullers.com and www.itpapulling.com

Hope to see you this week.

Re: Attn LSS Pullers:Check out the East Central IL Swing July 03, 2010 01:36PM
Carl, I'm told there will be a turbo farm stock class at Penfield, associated with IPA? If so, what rules, weight, etc?

Re: Attn LSS Pullers:Check out the East Central IL Swing July 03, 2010 03:43PM
It is indirectly associated with the IPA. For rules or questions you will need to talk to Derek Harms or Andy Buhr.

Re: Attn LSS Pullers:Check out the East Central IL Swing July 03, 2010 04:31PM
So you 2 organizations are working together now?

Re: Attn LSS Pullers:Check out the East Central IL Swing July 04, 2010 12:33AM
We do not work together, both organizations have VERY similar rules for LSS and it would just be a shame for a LSS puller to not know about these pulls that are so close together. There are several "shops" that would be available if someone were to need to work on something or if you needed a place to park your hauler or stay in your living quarters. The Champaign/Rantoul area has alot to offer during the day to keep someone occupied and I would figure with the Red Power Expo happening in Penfield........It could make for a nice weekend for anyone. And this wouldn't just apply to that class, check the schedule, if you have a vehicle that would fit any other IPA class there is Danville, Melvin and Penfield from Thursday to Saturday and the mileage still falls within that 50 mile radius.

Just something to think about, each organization whether it be local, state or national has some sort of "competition" between them. It is healthy, it keeps everyone on thier toes so that things don't get "stale." There is more than enough pulling to go around. Think about this, ITPA sanctions about 70 events a year and IPA sanctions around 20 a year and there are still other organizations in the state of IL that promote other pulls i.e Illini State, Illinois Stock Pullers and Illinois Hot Farm each with at least 15 to 20 events of thier own. I personally feel that the reason that alot of people feel that all of these organizations are in competition is because they are all doing thier jobs well and that job is to promote and sanction the sport of truck and tractor pulling in a safe and fair manor. I only speak for myself when I say that any organizations goal should be first and foremost create a safe and fair competition environment for the competitors in your organization and really the rest will fall into place.

HEY!!!!! Remember to think about all of your veterans past, present and future today. It is Independence Day! With out people like them we wouldn't have this holiday to celebrate.

Re: Attn LSS Pullers:Check out the East Central IL Swing July 04, 2010 02:55AM
Very well said Carl.
Dont forget the rest of the classes that IPA has to offer plus the Indiana Mods will be at Danville and Melvin.

Re: Attn LSS Pullers:Check out the East Central IL Swing July 06, 2010 12:11AM
Don't forget!

Re: Attn LSS Pullers:Check out the East Central IL Swing July 07, 2010 12:22AM
Last day to make travel plans.

Re: Attn LSS Pullers:Check out the East Central IL Swing July 07, 2010 05:16PM
Carl maybe u need some good fuel for the blazer there is plenty of travel time yet!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,955, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,038.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009