Mound City Mo. Rumble by the Refuge Fri Nite! July 06, 2010 03:36AM
Just a reminder the first annual Rumble by the Refuge is this friday nite at 7 sharp. The Mound city rural firemen have put a ton of effort into building a awesome facility for pullers and fans alike. The track looks as good as any I have ever seen, 330' with lots of run off area, 40' wide. They hauled in 150 loads of clay to build this track. We are going to feed all the pullers a BBQ pork supper at 5pm. There will be a band playing and refreshments in the pits after the pull is over also. If they get good support this year there is plans down the road to possibly go to a 2 track multi day event!

Classes Farm stock 10500 $600.00 purse
Hot farm 10500 $1200.00 purse
4.1 Lim pro 9500 $3500.00 purse.. 1250 to win if we get 20 tractors it goes to 4000.00!
Hot farm 11500 $1200.00 purse
Diesel Pickups 8000 $2000.00 purse

Admission $10.00 Children 7-12 $5.00 6&under free. Coolers $5.00 no glass please.

Hope to see you all there!! For more info call 660 5826995

Re: Mound City Mo. Rumble by the Refuge Fri Nite! July 06, 2010 09:59AM
Forgot to add that we will post on here if we have weather issues, also 92.7 fm radio will be broadcasting live on site friday am.

Re: Mound City Mo. Rumble by the Refuge Fri Nite! July 06, 2010 10:55AM
Seems like an awful lot of money to be put into a brush pull. Why is there no sanctioning body for this event? You would think with the prize money being thrown out there they could afford the OTTPA or even PPL for that matter. Also if I were to come pull at this event who will be insuring it?

Re: Mound City Mo. Rumble by the Refuge Fri Nite! July 06, 2010 12:57PM
Legitimate questions u have asked. The promoter of this event has been in and around pulling for a long time so rest assured , as i'm sure he'll respond, that u are properly covered. purses help ensure pullers, sanctions do not.

Re: Mound City Mo. Rumble by the Refuge Fri Nite! July 06, 2010 02:23PM
I think in this day and age just seems odd to have someone throw a bunch of money and expect a national event status in your backyard. I mean if i had 7500.00 and i want 20 10,000lb prostock tractors to show up in my backyard for the heck of it. Come at your own risk and i will serve the beer and brats. Just doesn't add up. Hope the money is really there. Would suck to come and not get what was promised. Just a legitimate thought. What sled?

Re: Mound City Mo. Rumble by the Refuge Fri Nite! July 06, 2010 02:56PM
If a promoter wants to have these classes at this location, and you don't know anything about it and all you want to do is bicker about how you don't think it will work or be worth your time, don't come end of story.

Re: Mound City Mo. Rumble by the Refuge Fri Nite! July 06, 2010 03:52PM
Yes that would suck. But as i said earlier i don't think you have anything to worry aboutSmoking It'll be a good show to watch, unless u are promoting an event elsewhere and wanted the 4.1's to comeSad

Re: Mound City Mo. Rumble by the Refuge Fri Nite! July 07, 2010 03:15AM
I was hoping this wouldn't happen but I should have known better. First of all we do have Insurance, thats the first thing we did before we started putting this thing together. We also have rainout ins. As for you calling this a brush pull I guess it probably is, but Ive always considered any pull other than NTPA, PPL, OUTLAWS a brush pull . I guess if we want to think in those terms Louisville would be considered a brush pull. I know this I have spent more time watching brush pulls in my life than the rest, and have seen some dam good ones. You do not have to be (sanctioned) to have a good pull. Let me assure you we have the money in the bank. We have some unbelievable sponsors that want to see this pull be a success. The fact is we need more of this kind of competition for the tractors,they have never been paid enough for the kind of investment they have put in. Let me assure you we are not a bunch of hicks that dont know anything. Our biggest problem will be the weather, not people that want to bash us on here! If you want to see a quality show come to Mound City fri. nite we will do our very best to send everyone home happy!

PS Feel free to call me if you have any more concerns! Chris Waegele 660 582-6995

Re: Mound City Mo. Rumble by the Refuge Fri Nite! July 07, 2010 05:41AM
Dont let them bother you Chris! You have put together a good show with a great payout, as long as the weather man cooperates with you everyone should have a great time. Keep up the good work and we hope to see this pull continue to grow so hopefully a big ol Detroit can come run down there!

Good Luck
Scott Walker

Re: Mound City Mo. Rumble by the Refuge Fri Nite! July 06, 2010 03:20PM
what about 8200 limited pro

Re: Mound City Mo. Rumble by the Refuge Fri Nite! July 06, 2010 04:10PM
Why in the He** does there always have to be someone being a dumb a**. They are putting on a show that is about as good as it gets in a small town for the local and people from surrounding area. Too bad there can't be more of them in places like Mound City. I hope they have a great pull and tons off fun for everyone. Go baby go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Mound City Mo. Rumble by the Refuge Fri Nite! July 07, 2010 05:46AM
I wish I would have known about this earlier. Is this going to be an annual deal?

Re: Mound City Mo. Rumble by the Refuge Fri Nite! July 07, 2010 10:26AM
Yes we are planning on a annual event, adding more classes and possibly 2 days. Having said that, we are not stuck on this date we do not want to step on somebodys toes that already have an established pull going. It will not be easy, but I do know this we will pay the pullers all we can because without them there is no show. Thanks and we hope you can make it!
Chris

Re: Mound City Mo. Rumble by the Refuge Fri Nite! July 07, 2010 10:36AM
By the way bad medicine call me.

Re: Mound City Mo. Rumble by the Refuge Fri Nite! July 07, 2010 03:23PM
well im ready for the pull and i know that this limited pro class will be twice as good to watch as that outlaw class. looking forward to it!

Re: Mound City Mo. Rumble by the Refuge Fri Nite! July 07, 2010 03:38PM
Just go pull your magic tractor and shut up and show a little class like Chris obviously has.

Re: Mound City Mo. Rumble by the Refuge Fri Nite! July 07, 2010 03:41PM
haha first of all i dont own magic, wish i did. second i wasn't showing any disrespect im just saying chris knows what he's doing and i know he'll have a good turn out!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,955, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,038.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009