ECITPA MEMBERSHIPS DUES July 06, 2010 12:13PM
I was looking at your web page and seen that you're not charging the farm classes as much as the bigger classes. What is the reason for that? I know that you had those classes once before, so why are they not paying as much as everyone else in the club. I would also like to know when it comes to paying out the points money are they going to be getting the same amount per point as the ones that are paying the 150.00? I am sure they would like to know that too. Everyone should be getting the same money for points no matter what class they pull in. I was looking on the web pages at other clubs, and you are they only club that I seen that was charging different moneys for classes.
I was at two of your pulls last year down south (Vinton, and Washington), and I can see why you have added these other classes to your club. You are sometimes short on tractors, that night you only had 5 or 6 tractors there. Do you think these classes are going to help you out? I also have a concern about something that I was reading in your rules. I was down in the pit area looking at the tractors and I seen some of the drivers drinking alcohol and then getting on their tractor to pull down the track. In your rules and in all other clubs rules I thought that they are not suppost to be drinking alcohol until they are done pulling, is that right? I don't want to get any one in trouble, but I am just wondering if you as a club know what is going on in the pits with the drinking. I just don't want someone to get hurt.
Have a safe pulling season you guys

Re: ECITPA MEMBERSHIPS DUES July 06, 2010 06:01PM
i have heard that the eci have been loosing hooks left and right if i rember right they were one of the best clubs in eastern iowa and used to have a class for just about every smoker tractor why have they been loosing so many hooks. i have also heard that they dnt like to follow there own rules that dnt make much sense and i dnt see how they can crack down on any of there new members when some of there old members still dnt follow there rules. also jw if how the pull went in sigourney on the 4th i heard there was alot of rain headin that way sunday night.
hope every one has a good year pulling

Re: ECITPA MEMBERSHIPS DUES July 07, 2010 05:19AM
i have been to a lot of their pulls and pulled with their farm class in the past and it has gone down hill the last 5 yrs. not sure what the problem is with this club. i remember too when they had a class for about everyone and they let those classes go. they helped the club out with the tractors and the hooks per event. i know i was at a pull this year and it was rained out. a friend of mine was going to pull with them until he found out what it would cost to hook 1 time. and the entry fee is high for only a 1 hook show. i think if you are low on tractors it would'nt hurt you as a club to let the tractors hook 2 times for a good show, but if you want the club to lose more members and the crowd then just keep on having 1 hook shows. a lot of clubs out there have 1 hook shows but they have 3 or 4 times the tractors that you have. i have pulled in il and wi. but i would rather stay in my home state to pull. myself and another puller were looking at your rules. i know you can never have to many rules but i think you as a club have way to many for some of the classes. if you make it simple maybe u would have more came and pull. i too am courious about the points money. is it going to be devided up equally between all the pullers or is it all going to the super farm tractors and not the small tractors and the semi's that you added this yr. do they just get a portion of it. it was your choice to set their entry fee at what it is, so i think it is only fare that they get what everyone else gets. i have never heard where differnent classes get different pay outs. we would have joined this club this yr but there is to much uncertanty and i would rather pull with a club that is set up and has classes for everyone and makes people feel welcome. i guess i did'nt get that feeling with this club.

Re: ECITPA MEMBERSHIPS DUES July 08, 2010 01:13AM
Man people get over it. Cry because they dont have 15 classes for every tom dick and harry out there. at least when u pull with eci and are good enough to finish in the top 5 of any class u at least make enough money to pay for your fuel. Everybody who get pissed at eci is just pissy because whatever they run isnt good enough to compete in a class that eci has. it may be good enough for heartland. Just quit your whinning and
let eci do their own thing and heartland do theirs. Im sorry id rather go watch 2 hours of 1 hook tractors and trucks then 7 hours of the same iron
hooking all day. And at least eci pulls they start within 10 minutes of when they say and not an hour later. so keep pulling your 1086 cranked up a little bit with heartland 4 times in one afternoon, ill keep going and pulling with eci and be able to actually stand to watch the show.

ECI's bad decision July 08, 2010 01:40AM
ECI started there decline when they let in the gas truck classes. It's just that simple.

Re: ECI's bad decision July 08, 2010 02:52AM
I dont know why you always start pointing the finger at other clubs for your low numbers. I am not sure who the club is that you are pointing fingers at but it's not their fault for your numbers. I still dont belong to a club yet and am looking into some surrounding ones in Il and Wi other than Ia. Maybe I should check out this Heartland club and check their rules and see if they have my classes It seems like all yu do is argue no matter what club yu are in. By the way what about your pullers and the drinking before they pull. I have a friend that pulls with Twin States and he can not believe how much the ECI pullers drink before they pull their tractor down the track. Is that safe or unsafe, you tell me.

Re: ECI's bad decision July 08, 2010 03:05AM
I was not going to respond to this thread as it was obvious it is just another unfounded, mindless attempt to bash the ECI for whatever reason. If the first post was in fact legitimate, would not it have been a lot easier to have called one of the 3 – 4 phone numbers listed on the ECI website and get the correct answers vs. typing a 500 word dissertation on this forum? The second and third posts were obviously typed by the same person in an effort to “keep the thread going”. The lack of punctuation, capitalization, and content mixed in with the misspellings and sniveling was a dead give a way.

I was one of the “founding fathers” of the ECITPA back in 1994. The core rules have remained the same and were modeled after the Badger State group because we like there classes and they had and successful organization. We could also travel to some of there pulls if we so desired with the rules / classes being the same. The reason the current ECI members and board add or remove classes totally is totally up to them. If you don’t like it, go somewhere else. Pretty simple.

The bottom line is that the East Central Tractor/Truck Pullers has been in business for a long time and will continue to do so. Other organizations around us have come and gone and the ECI is still here. I would credit that to the leadership over the years and more importantly, the group of pullers and promoters who have the class and integrity to get along and would much rather solve problems than create them.

Those who bash the ECI go right ahead. You are doing a much better job of making yourselves look foolish than anybody else ever could.

Re: ECITPA MEMBERSHIPS DUES July 08, 2010 03:16AM
i dont think anyone on here said anything about heartland but since u bring it up. i dont think you have ever been to a heartland pull. everyone pulls twice not four times and your right there is a class for just about everyone and thats nice. would you want a driver that has never been down the track to get on a prostock and wheel that down the track and besides not everyone wants to pull a prostock. some people have just as much fun going 3 mph as the guys do that go 25 mph. i believe that there was a heartland tractor that beat one of eci's prostockers so to say that they have no power is a huge understatement. now on the flip side im glad that eci opened up their classes a little bit. they obviously no that their numbers are down and are trying something to improve that. kudos to them. each club has something unique to offer and everyone needs to get over it. have a safe and fun pulling season

Re: ECITPA MEMBERSHIPS DUES July 08, 2010 05:37AM
oh i have been to many heartland pulls and ur right maybe not 4 times but after awhile they all look the same . SLOW.
I just cant handle waiting 3 or 4 hours to hook.

Re: ECITPA MEMBERSHIPS DUES July 08, 2010 06:40AM
you know fed up u must be offended by heartland or somthing because nobody said anything about the heartland club until u did. ya i have pulled with heartland the show may be a lil slow at times but i would much rather join a club that has a slower show and has a class for everybody. than joining a club who takes 2 to 3 hours to run 20 some hooks (MANCHESTER IOWA )last year dont forget about that pull when u call heartland pulls slow. also u never said anything about ur pullers pounding beers before they jump on there tractor to go run down the track with spectators on each side of the track all it takes if for one driver to have one to many and loose control and put it in the stands or put it on on a guard rail and injuring someone most likey a kid cause they get as close as they can so they can watch. when somthing terrible like that happens how u going to deal with it or are u gna cross that bridge when it gets there cause im sure ur insurance company would like to no why that driver was even hooking to the sled when it says in your rules about drinking before the tractor is chained down.

Re: ECITPA MEMBERSHIPS DUES July 08, 2010 06:57AM
That is your choice not to pull with that club. Like someone said, every club has something different for classes. Some have slower tractor and work their way up to the larger tractors and some clubs have just the larger classes. There is nothing wrong with having the smaller classes, it gives those pullers some place to pull. And as far as waiting for 4 hours to pull, you can't tell me that you haven't been to a pull that you didn't have to wait sometimes. If you didn't then there wasn't very many tractors or trucks there.I have pulled with both clubs and both have great classes for what they have. Heartland has tractor classes that range from 4500 # all the way up to 13000 # and they also have semi and truck classes. It does take a while to run through those classes. ECI has some great classes also, LPS, Pro Farm, and the 466 class.They also have truck and semi classes also. Both clubs do a great job with the tractors, trucks and semis that they have. I think it's wrong for people to put down a club when they don't work at one and help out. It takes alot of work to put on a pull.
HAVE A GREAT PULLING YEAR TO BOTH ECI AND HEARTLAND PULLERS

Re: ECITPA MEMBERSHIPS DUES July 08, 2010 07:23AM
bEEN TO HEARTLAND PULLS WHERE THE DRIVERS WERE DRINKING ALSO. IT HAPPENS. It is wrong i personally dont do it and where did u see the eci guys drinking at this year?

Re: ECITPA MEMBERSHIPS DUES July 08, 2010 09:24AM
I have not seen them pull this year. It was last year when I was walking in the pits at Washington Ia. I know I have wanted to go to a couple of their pulls, but they have been rained out.

Re: ECITPA MEMBERSHIPS DUES July 08, 2010 10:32AM
Maybe you should take your information to an official instead of airing your mouth out on the internet! That would be the responsible thing, that way it can be handled, because i can tell you are genuinely concerned about the club. I personaly don't know any eci members who pound beers before going down the track! I am at EVERY eci event! oh yeah my name is Alan Mohr, bet you can't put your name down!

Re: ECITPA MEMBERSHIPS DUES July 08, 2010 01:37PM
Dear "Just Wondering 7"............the next time you go accusing a club of knowingly allowing alcohol consumption, you better have your facts straight!!!!!! That particular event was Co-sanctioned and there were many competitors there that were NOT members of ECI and more who weren't members of either club. You say you're really concerned about someone getting hurt because of the beer drinking???......I'd say NOT !! or you would have brought it to someones attention that night, not almost a year later !!! You have lot's of criticism of how a Club is/has being/been run and doubt very much that you are even a member, but you sure can run your mouth on the internet about a lot of things that aren't your concern. I'll be next to the scales at Central City Saturday night at 6 pm. Be glad to address your concerns there, not here. Looking forward to meeting you.

Re: ECITPA MEMBERSHIPS DUES July 08, 2010 02:13PM
Heck yeah i am new to eci but i have nothing but respect for the people in charge. I have not seen any members consuming any beverages before
they pull. If you cant find either of the two fine gentlemen as mentioned before my name is Anthony Hynick and you can find me next to a big red duramax drinking pepsi and ill gladly share on with ya

Re: ECITPA MEMBERSHIPS DUES July 08, 2010 02:14PM
For those of you keeping score at home:

ECI - 4

Bash - o - matics - Zero

I would like to add that the ECI has never started anything with any organization on this forum or anywhere else for that matter. On the other hand there is a certain group of folks that do enjoy taking pot shots at the ECI over and over again for whatever reason. Typically there is no response from our club due to the stupidity of content being posted against the club, however you can only poke a sleeping bear so long before it will wake up.

Re: ECITPA MEMBERSHIPS DUES July 08, 2010 06:34PM
funny funny funny. oh bye the did i say i think this is funny funny funny

Re: ECITPA MEMBERSHIPS DUES July 09, 2010 03:54AM
As a puller who has pulled with ECI and other organizations, I believe I do have a good perspective on this matter. For the most part Eci is a good group of people but one thing to keep in mind, if you are an outsider and pull with them, they do treat you differently. They can intrepret the rules differently if you are not part of the "IN CROUD'

Re: ECITPA MEMBERSHIPS DUES July 09, 2010 04:57AM
That seems to be the same with about any organazation. It is that way in life. unfair yes, but a fact i dont like it anymore than anyone else. maybe someday it will bennefit me

Re: ECITPA MEMBERSHIPS DUES July 09, 2010 01:38PM
Keep up the good work ECI, Lot's of guy's are excited to have another venue to pull their 3000 rpm tractors. If any one is loosing hooks it's heartland. It's no suprise that their numbers are dwindeling after their fearless leader shafted everyone on a tractor that he said would be donated to a cancer victim, and then he reneged. If any one has something to worry about I would say it is heartland based on their low turn out at their last pull.

At least ECI has leadership with morals and integrity, as well respect for the public. Any one who has been to a Heartland pull over the last few years most ceartainly has been subjected to the profanity laced spectacal's of their fearless leader. Two years ago he blew up at the clayton county fair over a $5.00 payout difference and was asked to not come back if he can't controll him self, after his shocking tirade on the track. Last year at the same pull he did not like the way the sled was set up, and at the end of his pull off came the helmet and the profanity's were flying right in front of small childred and the elderly, what an embaresment to the sport of pulling. Most pullers and fans go to pulls to enjoy them selfs and to see a wholesome event with their family and freinds, not to be subjected to a inmatuer and repugnent temper tantrum when things don't go his way. How many parents enjoy having to explain what all those four letter words mean and why a man would be so upset because his tractor could not pull the weight. I just told my 7yr old daughter and her 8yr old freind that he must have had a bee in his helmet and that he was probably affrraid he was going to get stung. Maybe he should start pulling John Deere, perhaps this would reduce his mental wastegate valve pop off level.

Keep up the good work ECI, the Curriouse7 author and his minnions are just upset because you guys are changing things up and attracting new tractors and bringing some guys over from other clubs including Heartland, who pay's very little for 1st place not to mention 2 or 3rd, sorry 4th and 5th we had to buy a new vido cam this year so no money for you. He feels threatend and you have gotten under his skin so take his jab's as a compliment.

ECI has good pullers and good leadership, Heartland has good pullers.

Re: ECITPA MEMBERSHIPS DUES July 10, 2010 07:03AM
I just came on the web page to read all the things that we have been hearing from other pullers last night. I would just like to let everyone know that we are not falling a part. We have over 55 tractors, semi's, and trucks in our club this year, and we had 114 hooks at in Aurora,Ia. with one sled on July 4th. We started at 12:35 due to rain and we were finished be 4:30. As far as the benefit and Clayton Co. Fair they are in the past just like one of the ECI members stated.
I am not sure how our club got involved in this. It seems like everytime something gets sarted on here about ECI or Heartland, someone has to bring up the other club for some reason. We all need to get along and wish each other a great pulling season. I was secretary for ECI for 9 years or so and I enjoyed every minute of it. We have nothing bad to say about the club. When we left the banquet that night that we told them that we were starting a new club, we told ECI members that we would hope that they would pull with us some time if they had no where else to pull, and we would do the same.
We have been so busy and Jim is over the road trucking that he is never home much. I know last year we pulled with them at Manchester to help them out. I think if we had a problem with the association we would not have helped them that night. We pulled with some of ECI members down in Fairfield a couple of weeks ago and we talked to several of them that night.
I just hope all of this stops. Every club has different classes, and they may run their rules a little different, but we are still all the same, we are people that love to tractor pull.
I wish everyone out there a great pulling season and hope to see some of you pullers again in Manchester.
Lynn

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,698, Posts: 229,797, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member CBeard