top n/a motor builder July 11, 2010 01:30AM
we have been pulling a massey n/a off and on for a few years and seems we need a little help. we tryed to talk to a guy here and there and it seems no one knows any one who has a n/a tractor motor figured out. one thing that everyone agrees with is it takes alot more intelligence in getting HP out of an n/a than a blower . can some one lead us into the right direction? and by the way for you guys who think n/a tractors are boring and all that stuff ,I do not give a shfhthnbt what you think for I am still going to pull my N/A !!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS FUN FOR US AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS...

Re: top n/a motor builder July 11, 2010 01:59AM
Big cubes, lots of compression and in N/A head flow and cam has the most to do with making power. Where are you located?

Re: top n/a motor builder July 11, 2010 02:02AM
CENTRAL ILLINOIS

Re: top n/a motor builder July 11, 2010 11:46AM
This would be one of the first guys I’d call for advice: Ed Shoobridge. Ed and his son Scott have built an amazingly impressive little Farmall, the Haul'N Harvester that just screams. Scott has stepped back from pulling, but I’m hoping that he gets back into it at some point, but Ed is still going strong.

Both Ed and Scott have been extremely interesting to talk with over the past few years, and it might be worth a shot to make a phone call and see where it goes.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: top n/a motor builder July 12, 2010 01:24AM
Who are you going to pull with? A recommendation will depend on rpm, fuel, cubic inches, etc;

Re: top n/a motor builder July 13, 2010 03:50AM
Take it easy Mr. Downs calm down. It seems to me that several of the NA tractor that have been built and set up to run 3500 RPMS run very well at 10% over stock RPMS.

Re: top n/a motor builder July 13, 2010 05:26AM
correct. But there would be a difference between what you are referencing and someone putting something together something that will run unlimited rpm on alcohol.

The gentlemen that I believe Jake is referring to build some fine unlimited rpm small cube unlimited rpm IH motors. They may not be the people for 700 inch 3500Rpm diesel.

Just making sure the people would be recommended for the job.

Re: top n/a motor builder July 13, 2010 07:23AM
Very well said Carl, I just re-read the original post and I mistakenly thought that they were referring to a Massey Harris instead of a Massey. So I assumed smaller cubes since most MH weren’t too big and generally didn’t smoke too much (except the MM Masseys), my mistake. Darn that reading comprehension stuff!

Carl is correct on the fuel, RPM limits, etc… it will make a huge difference on who to recommend.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: top n/a motor builder July 13, 2010 07:51AM
Being in central Illinois, Luke Miller in Arthur would be a good person to get ahold of. Theres a few good running v8 masseys in the heavy diesel n/a classes that he has worked on.

Nathan Barrett
See'in Red 1155

Re: top n/a motor builder July 11, 2010 02:15AM
I'm no expert here, but fuel and air make power.

I'm guessing that in a NA class air (not fuel) is your limiting factor......that said, I'd look for someone that knows how to get a head to flow.

............................Mark

Re: top n/a motor builder July 11, 2010 05:32AM
chuck lewis can help ya out 812-325-4518

Re: top n/a motor builder July 13, 2010 05:45AM
Call Keith Durst @ (309)826-4896. He built Double Dose and that is the most powerful na I've ever seen.

Re: top n/a motor builder July 13, 2010 06:50AM
Is that with the aluminium heads? Didn't that tractor get kicked out of the ISP?

Re: top n/a motor builder July 13, 2010 06:57AM
I don't care what kind of heads that tractor has. It whipped all the 800 minies with fuel injection and nitro methane when he was running diesel fuel. If I ran one of those 800's and got beat by a diesel I would be embarressed. All I ever seen ISP do was cry about this massey then railroad him out.

Re: top n/a motor builder July 13, 2010 09:45AM
Give John Jones a call at Odon Machine. John run years ago with ISPA and ran a N/A 1155 Massey. He was very competitive and had some things figured out concerning N/A diesels. He currently has a SuperFlow flow bench and does a lot of diesel heads. He also does fuel injection pumps for N/A's and also turbo's for blower tractors. He's a little hard to get a hold of, and is usually very busy, but he does know a lot. Some complain that it's hard to him to get their things done, but those who don't wait till the last minute usually don't have a problem. He also gives his customers good service after the sale. Give him a call at (812) 636-7781.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,762, Posts: 229,923, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,094, Posts: 226,019.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM