Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 14, 2010 09:37AM
I wonder if Esdon has decided the alcohol light supers are just too tough for diesel tractors. Do you think he has a chance to win an event this year on the NTPA circuit? I'm sure he will be competitive (2nd in a session at Tomah) and even finish near the top of the Point Standings but can he win? Not sure I see this happening as the summer goes on. If he can't do it, can anyone else with a smoke tractor and will the class become all alcohol again soon?

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 14, 2010 11:47AM
He beat them all last year at the last Grand National event for them with RLF, so the odds are that he will win one this year with RLFL.

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 14, 2010 12:18PM
I watched him run at Georgetown last weekend. That tractor is making equal horsepower to the alkys. He also missed his weight set up badly. But Esdon will get it figured out and he will win. As for any other diesels,no. He is the only one that can pull it off.

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 14, 2010 01:49PM
How do you tell he is making equal horsepower to the alky boys? Not saying he isn't doing well, that just seems like a fairly broad statement.

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 14, 2010 02:46PM
check out the wheel and track speed yes hes making the same power, watched ulmer run the big daddy gear at tomah and peter out RLFL was right their with teh alkys

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 14, 2010 03:53PM
Is it a hyper block?

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 14, 2010 04:09PM
Comparing Ulmer & RLF or RLFL are like comparing a Chevette to a Corvette. RLF or RLFL have all the latest and greatest hyper block, head, crank, cam, turbos, 504 ci and the list goes on. Ulmer is running a stock IH block, old Hyper head, 436 ci etc, etc. RLFL seems to have plenty of power, but too much moveable weight, maybe it's time for some HP tires on it so he doesn't have as many weights to hang out front!

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 14, 2010 09:18PM
How many of those weights are fibre glass??

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 14, 2010 11:23PM
I’m pretty sure that Esdon will pick up a win this year. As for Ulmers… I don’t quite think they are a Chevette, maybe more like comparing a Camaro to a Corvette because they didn’t seem to do too bad in Tomah either!

As for more diesels in the LSS… I’ve heard rumors that the Youngblood tractor might be getting a lighter sibling as well, andi if Shramek puts the same AC426 (477 CID) powerplant in a Light chassis he will be a force to be reckoned with. Now if only somebody builds a top level REI Deere like Seiferts then the LSS will have a little bit of everything for everyone.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 15, 2010 12:50AM
No doubt Esdon will find his way to first place, just how long.

As for a Deere making it into the class as a competitive diesel, it has to be just a matter of time.

Hey Jake, what is Seifert's cubic inch anyway?

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 15, 2010 02:41AM
I believe David was on here last time this came up & said they are legal CID for LSS. Tractor did have a gear to pull light but they took it out to have more options in dSS.

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 15, 2010 11:39AM
What about the Full Throttle Deere of Staab's? Is it over rated? I have seen it listed a few times for sale and if anyone can shed some lite on this tractor it would be appreciated.

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 15, 2010 02:05PM
Yes, the Renegade Deere is a 505 REI setup.

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 16, 2010 03:05AM
Sorry Jake but the light supers wont have a little bit for you. You arent going to NTPA events to watch any component classes I thought?

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 18, 2010 10:52AM
The LSS will still have a “have a little bit for” me, it’s just not as enjoyable as it used to be. The "little bit" is shrinking with each bad rule the NTPA makes. I’m still going to Bowling Green and I’m going to cheer for tractors that I know are powered by the appropriate block (Read here), but I’m definitely not as excited about the LSS in the NTPA anymore, and from the looks of it, pullers aren’t that excited about how the NTPA is managing the class either.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 15, 2010 02:46AM
Esdon will certainly give the alkys tough competition!

As far as Lost petering out, losing a turbo didn't help...

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 18, 2010 04:15AM
i called Esdon from up here in Canada around the start of the 09 season and he told me RLF was making about 3000hp,i do not know what the alkys make but it is probably more

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 18, 2010 09:46AM
Told ya! Esdon just won the afternoon session at New Hampton in a 3 way pull off Beer

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 18, 2010 09:48AM
Won today he did Smoking

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 18, 2010 09:49AM
Put over 20 feet on 2nd place.

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 18, 2010 02:28PM
Lets not forget that a non Grand National guy "Gun Powder and Lead" out of small town Iowa put 15 feet
on everyone and 30ft on Edson in Saturday Night's session. Also in the first pass of todays session he put 5ft on Edson
so let's not forget about the Gun Powder and Lead pulling team!

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 18, 2010 02:41PM
Thanks Buffy Fan! It was a great weekend! Thanks to the New Hampton promoters for providing first class facilities and track.

Kathy Wettleson

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 18, 2010 08:45PM
Nothing wrong with giving the wettlesons credit, but we're talking about a diesel running against the alkys and winning. Not many can build one and make it work.

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 18, 2010 09:51AM
Way to go king of smoke and it is diesel and red

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 18, 2010 02:50PM
to anybody has seen this class, horse power is not the issue for edson, it is getting it waited properly enough to get the front end up. he has as much wheel speed or more than everyone in the class! and as far as little ol marcus, the only reason he is not a grand national tractor is because he chooses not to run the whole circuit, his tractor is one of the best in the nation

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 19, 2010 01:07AM
Will Esdon's light super be at Brandenburg? Who will be driving since there is a DSS hook in Chapel Hill on the same weekend?

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 19, 2010 04:19AM
If I was to guess Steve Burge would be driving RLF and Esdon will run the lite one.

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 19, 2010 04:36AM
Oh how I hope you are right!!!!!

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 19, 2010 11:12AM
I heard lynn or pessig will be giving it a try.

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 19, 2010 01:26PM
Pessig don't have enough the right frame of mind to drive that much power!!! Would this be the first time somebody else has drove one of his tractors at a GN event

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 19, 2010 07:24AM
anyone have pictures of Esdon Lehn new lite tractor if so send to this email taterman69forU@yahoo.com thanks

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 19, 2010 10:49AM
You will have to show up to Brandenburg to see who is driving!

Re: Will Esdon Lehn win a 2010 Light Super Event? July 19, 2010 12:42PM
I was thinking the same thing Bruce B. was thinking. Burge driving RLF in Chapel Hill would be my guess. I think the light one just got a lot more fun for Esdon following his win Sunday. I'll be in Brandenburg to find out!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,763, Posts: 229,924, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,020.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM