Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 16, 2010 09:34AM
Just got word that the Lambada team got impounded by the IN state troopers for lack of fuel tags and various permits, may not make the pull in New Hampton, IA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a bunch of bull crap, The gov`t has way to much power and they are getting worse, time to reel them in at the polls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 16, 2010 09:38AM
That's a judgment issue for a couple people in the Indiana State Patrol, not a "government" issue. Sounds to me like some poor judgment by some patrolmen on a power trip.

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 16, 2010 10:00AM
So, they break the law and it's the government's fault? Just because they are from overseas doesn't mean they get to do whatever they want. Our country, our rules, follow them or get out!!

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 16, 2010 11:15AM
You can call it anything you want, Bottom line is, they are legal over there, and not here??? Bullcrap. I think it is a power tripping punk that just started with the ISP that is behind this. We have way to many rules and regs for truckers here. Talked with one guy the other day, and he said they owe the state on Illinois 10 cents for fuel when they went to Belevidere for a pull, How STUPID IS THAT????????????? Way to much Gov`t BS. Period.................

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 16, 2010 11:32AM
Again, our country, our laws. If they didn't want to follow the rules, they could have stayed in Europe. Not any different the the Mexican's breaking our laws to come here and breaking our laws while here. The Lambada team are visitor's here, I don't care what is legal over there, I must follow the laws so should they! I don't see you on here whining when a fellow countryman gets stopped for a violation, so why start with with a bunch of foreigners. What's next, you going to start whining about the "unjust" laws in Arizona.

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 16, 2010 12:31PM
You Don`t get it do you. enough said from you.

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 16, 2010 12:51PM
No, it's not enough from me. The last time I checked this was a free country. Who do you think you are to tell me when I can speak and when I can't. The only one who has the right to tell me not to speak is the Lord All Mighty Himself, and unless you are Him, mind your manners. Just because the fine officer's who are only doing their jobs pulled over your friends and didn't bend over backwards for them just because they are from another country and didn't bother finding out the laws of our great nation before coming. You are like every sheep follower of whatever political faction you subscribe to. You want special privileges for your friends and blame anyone who is in an authority position if it doesn't happen. I don't care if you are left wing or right wing, you want it your way and anybody else who doesn't agree with you is wrong and should shut up, right?

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 16, 2010 01:29PM
Yes they are wrong for not having the right permits. It 's our country our rules. We did invite them to pull in our fine land. So you would think the organization that invited them would've at least made sure they had everything to be legal!!!!!

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 16, 2010 01:34PM
My, how grown up. I'm sure your mother must be proud of you. Again, if someone doesn't agree with your agenda, you hope death on them. You appear to be a sorry excuse for a human being, your buddies deserve special treatment above the law and anyone who doesn't agree must die, right?

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 16, 2010 01:56PM
Yes, My mother is proud of me for standing up to fools like you. so bite me, dick. sign your name so I can really give the bussiness ahole.

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 16, 2010 02:16PM
Again, a nice grown up reply. Unlike you, I will wish you a long and health life. It is apparent that you are not going to stop believing that certain people deserve special treatment above the law. All it would have taken for them is to do a little research and find out what they should have done in each state. Again, have a long and healthy life, good night.

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 16, 2010 02:20PM
You are truly a fool, Go drink the govt kool aid, since you can not think for yourself. good nite to you, FOOL.

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 16, 2010 02:42PM
Perry are you the chump with the big mouth that runs around pulls swearing all the time? Always come late and pulls a lawnmower. Sets your lawn chair up in front of the stands so all the people that had been sitting there for hours could not see? I may be wrong who you are, but I think you are the guy I am thinking of. If not I am sorry.

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 16, 2010 02:48PM
Nope. Not me. most likey the "observer"., I am too busy to sit on my butt like you.

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 17, 2010 02:28AM
Perry? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Perry are you the chump with the big mouth that
> runs around pulls swearing all the time? Always
> come late and pulls a lawnmower. Sets your lawn
> chair up in front of the stands so all the people
> that had been sitting there for hours could not
> see? I may be wrong who you are, but I think you
> are the guy I am thinking of. If not I am sorry.

Must be talking about the wrong guy. Perry is NEVER late when it comes to pulling.

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 16, 2010 02:05PM
I love the Arizona law, not tuff enough if you ask me. are you worried about it????

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 16, 2010 02:19PM
I wish the Arizona law was a federal law. Again, have a long and healthy life and good night.

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 16, 2010 01:11PM
lol that is a heated topic all around the country... Yes they are here to pull but the law also has to do its job, I would like to go see them pull but hey law is the law. I have they pulled anyplace yet?

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 16, 2010 03:13PM
Well I can kind of see where they might have gotten in trouble. In Iowa you can"t get the same answer to a DOT question from anyone in the DOT. If asked a question they will give an answer but will not put their John Henry on the line. I have been in the blue car several times and had to call the state office to get an answer. Saved me a ticket 3 times.

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 16, 2010 04:25PM
I am sooo saddend by all the cut throat remarks that I have been reading on here. I feel as though the Lambada team is over here for entertainment purposes and should be shown some slack. It would make one story if they were over here trying to gain citizenship or to get a monthly check from the country but they are not! They want to come over because I am sure it is a chance of a lifetime of a chance to do this only for it to turn out like this. Obviously there has been some time of miscommunication or I'm sure the Lambadas would have made sure they were doing everything right. We need to come together as fans and see what we can do (if anything) to get them back on the road and continue to have them pull. It could have been just something they didn't know or think about and now they are paying the consequences. There is no need to start downing each other over something so minute. Let's all get along and hopefully we will see them at some more pullls....I wish them the best...all I can say is welcome to America Smiling

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 17, 2010 04:06AM
So, Since theyre here for entertainment,,,,,they can drive drunk too? I mean its only a law....Maybe they didnt know since theyre not from around here.....

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 17, 2010 04:42AM
I see what you're saying but drinking and driving is a little more severe than what they were being questioned for. I agree the law is the law but as with our legal system there is always some slack with the laws. Such as when a person has been accused of drunk driving for some reason or another that person can get out of it with a slap on the hand. They didn't mean to break the law I'm sure(whereas when one gets behind the wheel knowing they have had too much to drink then they purposely break the law). The main thing is they are back on the road and they get to continue to pull.

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 16, 2010 03:23PM
DOT Sucks...They are all on a power trip and love to harass all the truckers in my area.

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 18, 2010 10:48AM
A bit of international law, signed by the USA, too.

"The Vienna Convention on Road Traffic is an international treaty designed to facilitate international road traffic and to increase road safety by standardising the uniform traffic rules among the contracting parties. This convention was agreed upon at the United Nations Economic and Social Council's Conference on Road Traffic (October 7, 1968 - November 8, 1968) and done in Vienna on 8 November 1968. It came into force on 21 May 1977. This conference also produced the Vienna Convention on Road Signs and Signals.
Cross border vehicles

The vehicle must meet all technical requirements to be legal for road use in the country of registration. Any conflicting technical requirements (e.g. right-hand-drive or left-hand-drive) in the signatory country where the vehicle is being driven do not apply.
..."
[en.wikipedia.org]

Makes you wonder, how well educated those DTO folks are???

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2010 11:07AM by Sascha.

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 16, 2010 03:51PM
Its not just Iowa that you cant get the same answer from 2 different troopers. Its Wisconsin too. I got stopped earlier this spring pulling around our water trailer for spraying. I was stopped at 615 a.m. and did not move until a little after noon. He had to go through his computer and figure out all of the things that farmers were and were not exempt from. He did not even want to let me jump into the sprayer and move it across the road because the tank on it is "too big" and I do not have a haz mat endorsement on my license. He had to call in to his office to get the situation figured out. I can see both sides of this arguement. They are in the U.S. and they should have to follow our rules. But cut the poor guys some slack. Im sure they have put together quite an effort to be 100% legal and one cop wants to be the big shot and take it all away from them.

We just picked up a new truck earlier this spring. We were told that we could not cross a state line with farm plates on anymore. I wanted to do everything the way it is supposed to do be done so I did not have to worry about being illegal. I can not believe the amount of paperwork and time it took me to get everything done the way it is supposed to be. And who knows, if the wrong cop picks us up on the wrong day, Im sure that there is some sort of problem he could find with something. It has gotten a tad bit out of hand. We have some good friends of ours that run a trucking company of around 40 trucks. He has 3 full time people just doing paperwork. That to me just seems a little ridiculous.

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 16, 2010 08:07PM
I agree the local state troops. Im talking WI dont do there home work which is why they waste time with us. Im sure the Lambda team was tecked when they showed up in this country.
This country has got a hard on for farmers and truck drivers and thats not right but soon to come there gonna get hungery no farmers and nobody to haul it! I geuss people need to starve a little to find out and its not far away! This is very sad

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 16, 2010 06:32PM
So, why did they get stopped???

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 17, 2010 12:44AM
Perry said permits and fuel. I"m sure the team thought they were 100% legal. Where ever they started out from i"ll bet they were told by local DOT that they had every thing they needed probably for that state without asking ARE YOU CROSSING STATE LINES?

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 17, 2010 02:22AM
@ Observer You are absolutly right! WE are coming to the US so WE have to follow the US laws and rules.There can not and will not be any "buts" about that. That is why all the paperwork is done by people who where knowing what was needed. Looks as it wasn`t good enough!

Seems that the problem is that the DOT people can`t figure out if the hauler is used for commercial purpose or it is used for sport-activities. Hopefully there will be a solution soon so we don`t have this situation anymore.

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 17, 2010 02:32AM
Good Luck.No matter what you do it will never be enough for the DOT. No two DOT people will ever agree on anything. Just about everyone that lives here has had problems with them,including lots of pullers. Now that most of the states are broke,they are looking for extra revenue.

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 17, 2010 02:27AM
Yeah but Indiana have become very anal about it in the past few years several big fines paid by pullers traveling through.

Eric Prewitt
The Prewitt Pulling Team
Public Relations for
The Pulling Radio Network

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 17, 2010 02:32AM
I think Indiana And Illinois are the worst.

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 17, 2010 02:34AM
so I take it the okay hasn't been given to get back on the road?

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 17, 2010 02:55AM
They are released ( about 10 hours ago) and on their way to New Hampton

Re: Lambada team locked downed by Indiana State Nazi`s July 17, 2010 05:25AM
I am glad to hear that you're on your way to New hampton. Good luck and I'll see you Bowling Green....you might want to go around the State of Indiana! lol. Good luck with the rest of your tour!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,762, Posts: 229,923, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,094, Posts: 226,019.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM