Aviaid Oil Pump?? July 18, 2010 01:48PM
Has anyone had any trouble with thier aviaid oil pump gualding up on the inside?? Got a brand new one, running pre screens, filters look great not a spec on them. On 3rd run oil pump locked up. Didn't now if this is a problem or if I got a lemon???

Re: Aviaid Oil Pump?? July 18, 2010 09:23PM
Are you over tightening the belt?

Re: Aviaid Oil Pump?? July 19, 2010 01:13AM
We have never had a problem out of our Aviaid. Call John @ Aviaid, he will take care of ya.

Re: Aviaid Oil Pump?? July 19, 2010 02:51AM
Aviaid Phone number is (818)998-8991

Re: Aviaid Oil Pump?? July 19, 2010 05:11AM
How Tight Is TOO Tight???

Re: Aviaid Oil Pump?? July 19, 2010 12:22PM
I have never used an aviad pump, but if it is like alot of hydraulic pumps, there is no bearing in the front of the pump. So if there is no bearing then you cannot tighten the belt very tight or you will pull the shaft to the side, and gall the gear into the sidewalls. I would call aviad and ask him how tight. I would tighten it up just before it starts putting tension on the shaft. You shouldn't have to pry it to get it tight enough, should be able to do it by hand.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,765, Posts: 229,931, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM