NTPA is a joke! July 19, 2010 02:58AM
NTPA is a joke anymore. They used to have a great pulling circuit back in the 1980s and 90s, but in the 2000s they started to ruin it. Ask anybody at OSTPA why they left and what they think of NTPA. You'll be hearing the same thing I'm saying. NTPA has ruined the sport with their screwed up rules and the Hypermax block, because Esdon and his cohorts whine anytime they don't win. There are plenty of good, honest pullers other than him. Anyhow, it's just my two cents on this whole deal.

Re: NTPA is a joke! July 19, 2010 04:13AM
OSTPA did not leave NTPA, they left WPI. You ask any OSTPA puller and they will tell you it was not about the NTPA. Because some of the OSPTA pullers have been there from the begin and helped in bailing NTPA out. It was WPI and a certain person they did not have much use for.

Re: NTPA is a joke! July 19, 2010 04:22AM
WPI is what owns NTPA. If they didn't leave NTPA, why doesn't NTPA have OSTPA under their list of member states ? I know who that certain person at WPI they don't like is (Dave Schreier). It was about NTPA because OSTPA actually pushed for the any engine, any metal combo in the Pro and Super Stock tractor classes back when they were at NTPA. They were unsatisified with NTPA not adopting the rule and with NTPAs screwed up rules and set up. I know because I haved to talked to both Jeff Hirt and Frank Keener and both have said what I said.

Re: NTPA is a joke! July 19, 2010 04:44AM
Has anyone see my car keys???? Thumbs Down

What are you trying to accomplish with this post??? If you don't like the NTPA follow another organization we all have our likes and dislikes. I don't agree with the any block any sheet metal rule either but there is not anything I can do about it. Do I have to like the rules??? NO!!! Will I continue to support them because of the passion I have for tractor pulling??? YES!!!!! Quit whining about the NTPA doing this or doing that. Its not that the rules states that the IH guys have to run JD engines and vice versa that is at the pullers discretion. Don't hate the NTPA for making the rule hate the pullers for crossdressing.

Re: NTPA is a joke! July 19, 2010 04:48AM
I'm not whining and I don't oppose any engine/any metal. I am strongly for it. Hate the pullers? Pullers are what make the show. Without the pullers, there's no tractor pull. Fans need to have more respect for the pullers.

Re: NTPA is a joke! July 19, 2010 05:02AM
Why do fans have to respect pullers. They pay good money to watch the sport and without them there wouldn't be any pullers. The fans do no care about the inter working politics of our sport. I think we need to respect them.

Re: NTPA is a joke! July 19, 2010 05:27AM
If your not whining then what in the cornbred h3ll would you call it?? So you going to rant and rave about a rule that has been made to give the PULLERS the option to run any engine, any tractor and say its the NTPA's fault for making the rule?? Yes the NTPA made the rule but they are not out there holding guns to the IH guys heads saying you have to run a John Deere engine...

good point July 19, 2010 01:32PM

Re: NTPA is a joke! July 19, 2010 05:33AM
Yes, I've heard before that members of OSTPA wanted the any sheetmetal rule before, but I think it had little to do with them leaving NTPA (or WPI) whichever you like to call it. The organization they joined still does not have this rule, so if that was the driver I'd expect them to be back in 2011.

I'm pretty sure the change was 99.9% about money.

Re: NTPA is a joke! July 19, 2010 05:46AM
I NEVER blamed NTPA for passing the rule. It's the one good thing I have to say about them. But, why did it take 5 years, many PO'd pullers and 1 member state less to finally do it ? Deere puller, I doubt that OSTPA will return back to NTPA in 2011 because PPL actually allows metal crossing on the components and OSTPA will begin to allow line crossing in 2011. I know it's a guy's choice to pick his hood and metal and I don't mind if he uses a DT466 with a Deere hood or a JD466 with a IH/Case Ih hood. The truck classes(SMFWD,TWD and Diesels) do it. NTPA used to have a lot of incentive to pull with them. Now there is very little incentive.

Re: NTPA is a joke! July 19, 2010 06:17AM
You have every right to not like the NTPA if that's what you choose to do but don't try to lay blame with everything you dislike about the NTPA on one puller. I think there are also a lot of people who think Esdon is a good and honest puller so leave the slander out of it.

Re: I apologize July 19, 2010 08:33AM
I apologize to anyone I may have offended. NTPA is NOT a joke. I wish that people would quit bashing the NTPA, PPL and OSTPA. All are very great organizations. Esdon Lehn is one of the finest pullers out there. As for the fans, I still say fans should respect pullers. But pullers should also respect fans. And about the any engine/any metal rule, I applaud NTPA for passing it. It makes perfect sense in my and many pullers and fans opinions', perfect sense.

Re: I apologize July 19, 2010 08:56AM
did you just take your medication what a change

Re: I apologize July 19, 2010 11:38AM
Now that was funny

Re: I apologize July 19, 2010 01:35PM
Hey, Everyone is allowed 1 or 2 bad post, rite Jake,????

Re: I apologize July 19, 2010 01:35PM
can somebody explain what that was all about

Re: I apologize July 19, 2010 02:03PM
Fergitaboutit type thing there Sully. next subject please.

Re: I apologize July 20, 2010 12:22PM
I honestly don’t think anyone can explain what this thread is all about (and the more anyone tries to explain it the more confused I think I’ll be!)

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: I apologize July 21, 2010 01:29AM
Jake, did you catch the part about OSTPA allowing any sheetmetal on components in the future? I didn't like when NTPA did it, and if this comes true, how long until everyone is doing it?

................ohh boy, let's all go to the "agricultural/industrial/marine/automotive based vehicle pull" !! I can't wait!!

..........now if we can just work "race tractors" in there too, we'd really be on to something.

Re: I apologize July 21, 2010 02:04AM
The rule reads that Pro and Super Stock tractors can "run any legal ag tractor block with any legal ag tractor sheet metal". This is what it says in OSTPA and NTPA.

Re: I apologize July 21, 2010 02:20AM
Yes, that's where it is right now, but I am sure it's just a matter of time until there's no rule on blocks/heads etc. Like it's been said on here before, bring on the generic block and head, and let everyone tune to the best of their abilities for the CI being run in their class. It'll be just like NASCAR. Can't wait for those 'restrictor slug' pulls !!

.......who hoo !! bring on the 'race tractors', can't wait.

Whoops!! Sorry about that sarcasm there, just givin' my $.02. I realize the day for components was coming, that just made sense (and still does), but the engine/sheetmetal swap is just stupidity. There has to be some identity kept, otherwise it may as well be just one block and head that everybody uses. That way the sheetmetal really doesn't mean anything, and everyone would know it.

Re: I apologize July 21, 2010 08:00AM
FarmersFun Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, that's where it is right now, but I am sure
> it's just a matter of time until there's no rule
> on blocks/heads etc. Like it's been said on here
> before, bring on the generic block and head, and
> let everyone tune to the best of their abilities
> for the CI being run in their class. It'll be just
> like NASCAR. Can't wait for those 'restrictor
> slug' pulls !!
>
> .......who hoo !! bring on the 'race tractors',
> can't wait.
>
> Whoops!! Sorry about that sarcasm there, just
> givin' my $.02. I realize the day for components
> was coming, that just made sense (and still does),
> but the engine/sheetmetal swap is just stupidity.
> There has to be some identity kept, otherwise it
> may as well be just one block and head that
> everybody uses. That way the sheetmetal really
> doesn't mean anything, and everyone would know it.

There are at least half of the class (ntpa,ppl ps) that already run the same engine .....REI JDsmall block! So whats your point?Confused

Re: I apologize July 21, 2010 08:43AM
Depends what class you're talking about. The same can be said for IH 466 based tractors. Smaller cubic inch limits would change that for some classes. Take a look at any Pro or Super class in Europe, they have color because they keep the cubes reasonable. That's part of what's driving this whole problem. Look at what 505 does for color in the LSS class, and it is ANYTHING but REI SBJD dominated. In fact there is hardly a number one finisher in the class that runs a JD (sorry guys), and THAT"S entertaining! Go to BG (if you haven't) and see the crowd that's there supporting this colorful class both when they're on the track as well as in the pits.

Big cubes favor the JD guy mostly (and I'm a JD fan), but some day soon that needs to change. Allowing any engine/sheetmetal combo isn't the answer, it's only a bandaid solution.

I can also point out the 8500 Mod Turbo class (as well as the 7700 Light Limited Turbo) in the Interstate Pullers group (East Coast). They have a reasonable cubic inch limit that permits color in the class, and it's damn entertaining to watch! There is no 'dominant' color there, and those guys have FUN. How ironic this class is a near mirror image of the NTPA Light Pro class that debuted this year, only thing different is they run a P-pump in NTPA.

What's your point?

Re: I apologize July 21, 2010 11:57AM
"(ntpa,ppl ps)" referring to prostock (ps) . Cu.in. is just fine in the ps class all colors can compete if they so choose, the blues are always welcome! Tougue Out

Re: I apologize September 23, 2010 01:45AM
Again, I apologize to anyone I offended with this stupid post, especially to NTPA. NTPA has the best pulling circuit. OSTPA did NOT leave NTPA over the engine/metal rule, but actually over money. OSTPA has the best state pulling circuit out there, and apologize to NTPA and OSTPA fans and pullers, Jake Morgan, Esdon Lehn, Dave Schreier and everybody for this stupid misunderstanding I had and It won't happen again. Jake, you have a great site here and I apologize for wasting valuable space. I hope everybody can accept my apology.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009