Where are all the vehicles at Crescent City, IL July 20, 2010 03:54PM
If ITPA is such a big deal why does my fair pay so much money for no vehicles to come to my fair. It looks to me that the 4 wheel drives (that ITPA seems to have kicked to the curb) and the Classic tractors (same thing) are the only reason that we had an evening show.

I watched almost as many vehicles in 4 classes in the afternoon as I did in 6 classes in the evening.

And why can a certain Super Farm puller get to bring his "entourage" in during the afternoon show and crowd up the pit area? They took up at least 3 pit parking areas that were needed in the afternoon so that they could cook free food for all of their friends. If it is a home town fair for a guy so be it but when my fair is needing to make money he is taking money out of it by giving away free food and drinks to 50 plus people and the fair is letting him do it. I have church food stands and 4H stands that rely on the money that they make at the fair to help keep them going through out the year. At least the 4wd and Classic guys brought pullers for their class and I saw those people spend money at the fair.

I hope that some of my fellow county residents will join me in letting my fair superintendants know that I am starting to feel "jipped" by my evening show.

So Thank you to the people who brought the afternoon show and thank you to the 4wd and Classic tractors for bringing vehicles and revenue to my fair. And as for my fair pull superintendant, wake up and smell the coffee. The announcer always says to let you know what we want to see. Well we want to see a show instead of hearing the announcer talk about what a great show I am going to get to see.

Re: Where are all the vehicles at Crescent City, IL July 20, 2010 04:10PM
TELL YOUR SUPERINTENDANT that itpa is not such a big deal. Like NTPA, they have screwed everything up. GEEZE people LOOk at what is going on.

Re: Where are all the vehicles at Crescent City, IL July 20, 2010 05:33PM
I must agree with attendee. I was at the early show and stayed for some of evening show. WE felt the first show was a pretty good pull. the people that had cook out in the parking lot were also very rude. they moved in and took over the lot and acted like they owned the place . we decided that we did not fit in so we left..

Re: Where are all the vehicles at Crescent City, IL July 20, 2010 11:39PM
I would love to! I have actually tried but his and his assistant super do not lend to constructive critisism. They have been in charge of the pull at our fair probably 30 years and even though we are paying our money to get in the gate to watch the show they are determined that what we want is what they want. We have four classes for people who live in our county. 4wd, 12 profarm, superfarm and semis and the 4wd pullers have had a hard time over the years with the super due to his attitude and they are the ones who have worked the hardest to support our fair. It is hard to accept that the superfarm resident insults his home fair by having a BBQ in the parking lot instead of spending money that will go back into our local county organizations. I will tell you that I am not impressed with the number of vehicles that his class has brung to our fair or the fact that he will blatantly thumb his nose at the local community like that. Not to mention that our fair super, who should have the interest of the fair and those organizations in mind, lets them do that.

I and others have tried to volunteer and give advice on what we want to see but are met with horrible attitudes by our "veteran" fair board. If any Iroquois Co. residents are reading this I ask you to continue to voice your opinions as loud and as often as you can. It is your fair too and you deserve to be involved.

Re: Where are all the vehicles at Crescent City, IL July 21, 2010 12:56AM
Glad to see others notice and think of the bbq mowery show as bad for fair revenue. They treat everybody else like dirt and make the milford crew in to hereos for a day.Sad when brammers line up 14 mod 4wd for a huge great class and they dont even get thanked put 6 super farms and 4 semis and boy oh boy art and mowerys have brought a show ! Also how horrible was the 9 profarm 282 wins it! Yep time for change at Iroq Fair Bill should go if anything could change. Concered Iroq cty boy

Re: Where are all the vehicles at Crescent City, IL July 21, 2010 01:15AM
If it wasn't for for the pullers bring the pulling tractors and trucks to the fair. there wouldn't be a pull. They are your guest treat them with respect or if we would decide to stay home next time what would you have? We are the ones that put the show on. Pullers don't like complainers. How much of a show would you have had with us.

Re: Where are all the vehicles at Crescent City, IL July 21, 2010 01:48AM
after reading all the posts, I can see BOTH side of this. But jdc, let me tell you something. Your "show" can be replaced also by a different type of "show". So treat the fair with respect also, because you just said, you are the "guest'. And in my opinion, the fair does not have to have you or a pull at all.

Re: Where are all the vehicles at Crescent City, IL July 21, 2010 01:20AM
What would you recomend doing to improve classes or what orginazation to bring in? The bbq that those people had has been going on 4 years now yes it take money away from the fair but i also know they bring alot of people into the fair that would not of gone so it is a wash.

Re: Where are all the vehicles at Crescent City, IL July 21, 2010 01:27AM
Maybe changing pull to friday or saturday may help also I'm sure pullers would rather pull on those nights instead of sunday and have to get up for work the next day.

Re: Where are all the vehicles at Crescent City, IL July 21, 2010 01:57AM
Well as a puller friday or saturday would be better but for us we already had pulls to attend on those days and wouldnt have made it. Also the fairs also have to work with the itpa schedule and they have had this date for quite some time and its hard to get out of that groove. As for the bbq, thanks to the mowerys! In that part of the state of ILL its hard to get tractors especially on a sunday and their cookout just showed their appreciation for people coming to help support their pull. Also the announcer said several times thanks to Ty Mowery Farms and Mowery auction. Im sure they have done their part in helping out to support their local fair!

Re: Where are all the vehicles at Crescent City, IL July 21, 2010 03:11AM
Its pepole like you guys that put the sport of pulling down! You complain about every little thing that goes on with a pull or what people do at there home town pull. If you are so smart maybe you should put on your own tractor pull and see home many pullers come if you are going to sit here and talk bad about them. I think it is a very good gesture that they donated tractors and money to put on the pull. Where was your donation or your scraper tractor to help with the pull? They have been nothing but nice to me all the times if have ment them and there operation is a class act dont be jealous of there operation and talk bad about them. They have done bad to the sport of tractor pulling.

e: to DEERE July 21, 2010 05:44AM
Did I say anything about Mowerys. I have known them for more than 20 years I know what they are about and the day that they have something that I am jealous of I will put a bullet in my head. And I bet I have put on or volunteered at more shows than you have even watched in your life and you are telling me that since I didn't donate money or a shiney tractor that it's not worth mentioning. I volunteered at that fair when I dodn't even have a vehicle to pull and did it to support my fair. everyone knows that Bill and Art are the worst when it comes to "thanking" their volunteers. And mark my words the year that the Mowery sells Their tractors or that fair can't afford their class all of their donations and fancy equipment will dry up. What I telling you is that just because a person doesn't have a fancy vehicle doesn't make them less of a competitor. I seem to remember there were people in the stands to watch me pull too.
So go get your free T-shirt and hot dog anddrink the green coolaid. In the mean time all I want is a little respect from my home fair because I @#$%& earned it.

Re: e: to DEERE July 21, 2010 05:47AM
wow, you are taking this pretty serious....

Re: e: to DEERE July 21, 2010 09:46AM
Wow find something else to complain about. If Mowrys don't donate tractors and equipment they are a$$ h*les, but when they give out some hot dogs and t shirts for free they are bad people. Sounds like a bad case of jealousy! The Mowrys are always super nice...do they have nice equipment? heck yes! Have they ever acted arrogant towards me? hek no. Always have been super people and super competitors at the 20 plus pulls I have talked to them at!!!

Re: e: to DEERE July 21, 2010 03:34PM
Well reader, I bet that if you had a tractor and you beat them you wouldn't be as welcome around them. Have seen that first hand.

Re: Where are all the vehicles at Crescent City, IL July 21, 2010 10:58AM
If the puller wants to treat all of his friends to a meal and social hour why doesn't he make arrangements with the 4H or whoever has food at the fair and feed his friends that way. I am sure that any of the organizations at the fair knew that they needed say 100 sandwiches prepared for this guy they would make him a good deal. Then he could still treat his friends and put money into his local organizations.

Re: Where are all the vehicles at Crescent City, IL July 21, 2010 12:35PM
That is a very good idea.

Re: Where are all the vehicles at Crescent City, IL July 21, 2010 12:39PM
I want people at my fair to pull whether it be afternoon or evening. But what is keeping the competitors from coming in the evening? Is it something personal to my fair? Are we booking the wrong classes? I have been on the ITPA website and have seen several more vehicles in the very same classes that my super is booking, has he done something to offend ITPA pullers in the past? From some of the comments I saw here it sounds like he hasn't been as welcoming to some other competitors that appear to be from our area. Budgets are tight everywhere I realize but what is up?

Can I get some input from the some ITPA people, what can we do to get more vehicles there?

Re: Where are all the vehicles at Crescent City, IL July 21, 2010 01:18PM
If we could have pulled saturday we would have had twenty fwds....i dont know how that would effect the other classes though...as far as Mowerys there a class act in there bussiness and there pulling...at most N.T.P.A pulls some one close provides food for the pullers as an act of hospitality and i believe thats all they were doing...maybe a pullers meal provided by a sponsor would help bring some numbers....pulers might think hey they realy appreciate us lets tell our friends and support them next year

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2010 01:21PM by Jason Brammer.

Re: Where are all the vehicles at Crescent City, IL July 21, 2010 02:02PM
Well i know the itpa numbers are down alot this year cause of some rule changes and others are just not chasing the points. I know you wouldnt be able to have 12000 and 9500 class but a ntpa region 2 event brings alot of trucks and tractors. If you would like to keep superfarm there is any where from 15 20 tractors at each show 10-15 mod 4x4's and 6-8 good semis it is just a suggestion but would be a good show with good numbers. There is also other classes that have good numbers in region 2. Hope that gives you some ideas. Or if your fair has alot of money have a PPL champions tour pull or NTPA grand national pull.

Re: Where are all the vehicles at Crescent City, IL July 22, 2010 03:51PM
Jason i admire your reply and respect your thoughts your family (dad) has been around along time and been to alot of events truck tractor pulls, dirt track races ect ect your family has always been there to support whatever. good job. My most respect is that no matter what you write good or bad you always sign your name no need hiding behind plastic black boxes. If your not ashamed of yourself or what you have written then fess up. I sure didnt no that myself or anybody else of our entrouge was rude to anyone. My dad always said treat others as you want to be treated, he also said you cant please eveyone that isnt no s---. We could go onon,on,on,on,but enough is enough if there is a problem just give me a call and we will work it out. I feel that both sessions where good, we all need are local fairs. I could respond and reply to all the inputs but i think this is far enough. jon mowrey

Re: Where are all the vehicles at Crescent City, IL July 22, 2010 04:32PM
first i would like to respond to you all. there are a lot of organisiations that may or may not have a good idea! yes, imake mistakes, but at least i am doing sowething! to who ever the volenter is who feels slighted i am sorry! with a name i could send you a thank you that would be on the world wide web! as far as the mowery's they have doneted equipment long before there was a class for them! by the way, fair goer, do you remember when they pulled your beloved pickups? this was the fiftyth year at crescent and they have bought 4h livestock all 50 years! how many sandwitchs did you get from the 4h and the church tent? oh thats right, you are anonamous! the suggestion to cater the appreacation meal was a good one and i am shure they will think of that! yes, we have looked at bothntpa and ppl but the increased purses and santion fees are cost prohitive unles mr fair goer steps with a BIG DONATION! to who ever thinks imade him feel like a second class citizen, iam sorry, for i have nothing shiny, but its mine, and i did,nt ask any one to pay for it! i know their are goog ideas for improvement out there,but no one can promise you with certiny how many vehickles they will have until the green flag drops! remember the road to hell is paved with good intentions!! and last, mr fair goer, iwillpersonaly refund your money that i chethed you out of because you had to watch super farms and semis! thanks to the people with enough sand to sing your name! its a free country, you should be able to tell me you would like me to leave the fair with out hideing be hind this plistic box!!! ART DOWNS

Re: Where are all the vehicles at Crescent City, IL July 22, 2010 04:44PM
Thats right Art..the road to hell is paved with good intentions...a wise man once told me if you aint making mistakes u aint doing much...good show... lets just rember we r a small fair and r lucky to have the quality show we have...with out rehab next year it might get a little tough to have a show at all

Re: Where are all the vehicles at Crescent City, IL July 22, 2010 11:46PM
Art, I can smell your sarcasm through the computer. You are as sincere as sandpaper. You just proved to everyone that you can't accept constructive critisism. People have tried to talk to you for years and instead of listening to them you just put your "charm" to work. Just like you do/did when I was at the fair helping you.I know you well enough that if I would sign my name all it would do is make things worse for the people in the afternoon show and me your Saturday night conversation at the Long Branch and you could tell everyone in there that you are so smart and how dumb I am just like you do with everyone else in the county. I am surprised that know one else has noticed.

You just looked at all of these posts and didn't even listen to what any of them were saying. The first couple of people were concerned for their fair and were asking how to help it and all you had for a response was how you would refund their money and told them that if they can't come up with more money, money that they are ALREADY spending by coming to THEIR fair that they didn't need to come back. I am the only one that was coming close to making it personal, the poor people in front of me were/are interested in helping the fair and you, you just aren't letting them because it would steal your thunder.

The beauty of it is, I really didn't even have to respond. YOU proved my point by turning on your computer.

hey Jake July 23, 2010 01:57AM
Are these mystery posters the same ip adresses... it seems they almost sound like the same guy

to afternoon puller! July 23, 2010 05:03AM
I am calling you out. There hasn't been a volunteer that hasn't been an immediate member of our family for at least five years. Also there hasn't been a puller that pulled in the afternoon session that showed cattle at the fair in at least that long. So if you were a puller you are the Ghost of Christmas past or just have something against my dad. I also know none of the people that pulled in the afternoon would jepordize their chance to hook at the fair over fifteen minutes of fame. So if you think or thought you were helping any one you are wrong. You just made things more difficult for those of us fighting to stay in the afternoon. So you may have just created a beef with some people you didn't want to have one with.

And Dad for you and Jon I've got some advice. When you want a subject to die go ahead and let it stay on the second page. This post was out of sight until you brought it back to the front with your replies and played right into this guys hands. Just been my experience with it.

Re: to afternoon puller! July 23, 2010 06:49AM
Way to go Junior Detective! Your mom raised a smart one. Apparently you are the only one who is smart enough to think about it. I have been there all right and I still see the same b.s. happening as I did when I was there as a competitor.

I sure hope you don't start drinking the cool-aid too, your about the last guy that the rest of the people still have respect for. Hopefully you will last long enough to make it enjoyable again.

Re: to afternoon puller! July 29, 2010 03:30AM
WOW,

Never experienced any of these issues that I see people complaining about, I am a total outsider to the sport, don't participate like I would want,can't attend as much as I'd like,and can't afford to spend like alot of the others, but will say this" OPEN YOUR EYES!" its hard to see the forest through the tree's if your standing right in front of the damn tree. The Super, and the Down's have always treated me respectful, and have always been great about trying to get more to the sport.If I get the chance to be there, I will always ask Bill if he needs a hand, or if there is anything I can do to help....He has never turned me down, there has always been something he could use a hand with! The Mowrey's......its just pure jealousness, whats the problem?.... were you not invited to have something to eat...a family works hard to have a successful business, and all people want to do is to be jealous, and tear them down...well do you think none of the people that were at their trailer, didn't go walk down the midway, grab a lemon shake-up, and ice-cream cone, an elephant ear...That Family is SO PROUD of there COMMUNITY,their FAIR, and their COUNTY...They do ALOT to share the wealth and help alot in every facit of their community, not only with the fair, but in all the other 51 weeks of the year. Do you think that was the only time any of them were at the Fair?
Well, how many of the complainers Thank those that help with the show, have you Thanked The Downs for the job they do, not just Art, but Corrine, or Carl?..How about Bill, when your the top dog your not going to make everyone happy, but it too is a tough position because he can't please everyone..but he still works to provide a platform that gives opportunity, and a show that is entertaining while trying to showcase his county, and the best of the sport, and how about your fellow pullers, its funny to watch the cliques and the games played in the name of competition. I guess its part of the sport, but if your in first place, or last you should be thanking one another for showing up, and being there, isn't this about fun and recreation? not only for the participants but the people that pay to watch the show?
There are many forces that need to be overcome to be able to do this show? The Draft Horse Show is very popular, and might even draw more of a crowd on Sunday couldn't that be a better financial position for the fair board?...Worry about what You can do to make the situation better, just don't sit there and complain and be jealous, step up and see what positive impact you can be to making this program stronger, instead of looking for ways to divide, and tear things apart.
Thanks Bill for the job you do, I appreciate your hard work, Thanks to the Down's for all the stuff you do for the sport, not only for that pull, but for the sport throughout the year. Thanks Jon, Jim, Ty, Maynard, and Harriet for the success of a business, leadership, and for all that you do for the fair, and your community, it doesn't go without notice, and I want you to continue to grow, and prosper! Thanks Jason, Don, Jeremy for everything you do as a competitor, for the success of the pull there, and representing our community in a positive manner, everywhere you travel, and Thanks to the participants for showing up to put on a show, and those that pay to watch a great show......can anyone tell me how was the show at the DuPage County Fair?
Sometimes you need to step out to the side of the Big Tree to be able see the whole picture once again, but I am sure there will be alot more people asking Bill what they can do to help him next year? Can't wait to see you there!......Ted

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,669, Posts: 229,758, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,075, Posts: 225,934.

Our newest member JD_8520