ulss at platte city July 26, 2010 12:35PM
Any results? Who was there? How was the track?

Re: ulss at platte city July 26, 2010 04:03PM
track was not too bad at all. but the turn out for ulss was ridiculous. there were four. some minni moline, blue can fever, mean moline, and basket case. in that order im pretty sure

Re: ulss at platte city July 26, 2010 08:17PM
I don't know, but with a ULSS hook going on at Macon [or NOT with the rain and all] 4 was pretty good. Bad job of scheduling for sure ! That one Moline was a pretty good lookin tractor!

Re: ulss at platte city July 27, 2010 03:52AM
You are correct; having another USS pull close by did not help things. There WOULD have been at least one more USS at Platte City (Shawn Weins' ADRENALINE) but he burned some valves the night before in Leigh Nebraska. Also, the Haugs were absent, which would have made a pretty good show. The USS class is trying to make a comeback so please be patient. It takes lots of R & D to dial one in and make it consistant and dependable. The USS guys are very aware of the lower numbers and are striving to improve them. There are a couple USS tractors still on the drawing board, so to speak, and we will probably see one of them yet this year (John Hoffmann's new one). Duane Schroeder's new one is probably going to debut next year from what I hear.

Re: ulss at platte city July 27, 2010 07:25AM
I see someone else has been driving red power @ a couple events did the Hoffmanns sell red power, What configuration is the new one going to be,componet or cast, what hoods, who is building the motor parts,Red Power was one of the smoothest running tractors in country , Just wondering ? Keith

Re: ulss at platte city July 27, 2010 08:41AM
Talked to Duane Sunday and if he can keep everyone from using his parts he wants to debut his in August. Red Power did sell to Missouri and new one is a component about all I heard. Hope to see them out soon.

Brian Fuhr

Re: ulss at platte city July 28, 2010 08:45AM
You're right, fans need to be patient with this ULSS class. For 10 years, this class has stayed small, but I think this class could "take off". The problem, of course, is that their simply aren't many ULSS around. I think this class could be more successful if they don't book it on the same night as a PPL hook or Neb. Bush hook. They could eventually get 6-10 tractors in this class. That's not a lot, but it would still be more competition than they had a couple years ago when they had 2 or 3 tractors. Plus, it doesn't take too many of these monsters in order to put on a great show.

Re: ulss at platte city July 28, 2010 12:04PM
The class was pretty darn good a couple of years ago before they lowered the wieght. At Wisner you had Shagnasty, Cornhusker Deere & Show Me Show Down and now the ones left at 6500 lbs. look just like some of the better alky burners in the outlaw light super class.

Re: ulss at platte city July 28, 2010 12:28PM
I didn't know that they kept the weight at 6500. If that is the case, then yeah, the class was better before. Especially at Wisner with the track causing all of that bouncing and those guard rails placed one foot off the track forcing drivers to be overly cautious. How many times did drivers get going good and then have to back out of it because of the narrow track?

Re: ulss at platte city July 29, 2010 02:46AM
One of the reasons that the weight was lowered to 6500# was to try and lure some of the LSS guys into the USS class. For some reason, the LSS guys seemed to "dig in" and refused to change canoes in the middle of the stream, even though the stream was dry. Rumor was that a lot of them wanted the USS to fail and dry up and blow away. IMHO 6500# is a bit too light for that kind of HP. Hopefully the numbers will increase and Doug will feel more comfortable trying to sell the class again. He got stung a few too many times, selling the class, and then a poor turnout made him look bad.

Re: ulss at platte city July 29, 2010 06:16AM
I do not think the LSS pullers want it to fail. They have too many hooks now and need some relief. Outlaws rules say you can not hook but once and every hook for the USS has the LSS at the same pull or they are at another pull hooking the same day (Platte City & Montgomery City). Only exception would be Chickasa, OK, but do not expect many LSS to come for one day. USS goes on down to Deleon, TX for 3 hooks total, while the LSS hook at Warrensburg, MO and Mound City, KS.

Re: ulss at platte city July 27, 2010 01:37PM
Whos moline and how did it run?

Re: ulss at platte city July 27, 2010 01:51PM
does the basket case still have prob. to work out? I remb last year at McCool he had a great pass and would have put him out with the Temp..

Re: ulss at platte city July 27, 2010 03:21PM
lost his bottom turbo

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,670, Posts: 229,762, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,938.

Our newest member JD_8520