St Hyacinthe,Canada wes night photos posted July 29, 2010 02:31PM
St Hyacinthe,Canada wes night photos posted

propullingphoto.com

Re: St Hyacinthe,Canada wes night photos posted July 29, 2010 06:44PM
Who is the tractor that hit the wall?

Re: St Hyacinthe,Canada wes night photos posted July 30, 2010 12:14AM
Henry Everman (Final Decision)

Harold; great photo's ---again July 29, 2010 02:26PM
Harold, great photo's from St. Hyacinthe. Looks like a real nice mix of pulling classes. Also looks like a real good crowd.

Thanks for posting your work!

Re: Harold; great photo's ---again July 30, 2010 12:29AM
we had open super, heavy super, unl mod, mod, twd. fwd, street semi, "crowd was great" packed every night. The only issue I had was no English I had no clue what they were saying. "guess I need to learn French" I also had a issue with my 50mm lens seems to have a focus issue lately. I'm going to take my 500 smith blow it up then buy a better one LOL

it was good seeing you at Penn Yan

Re: Harold; great photo's ---again July 30, 2010 04:52AM
Do you have a 50 1.4? Seems theres some issue with their focus.

Re: Harold; great photo's ---again July 30, 2010 05:37AM
I heard that from all the reviews I've done on all the wide 50's they all seem to have slow focus for what we do if you hear of and good wide lenses for high iso at night with no flash with fast auto focus let me know my big lens is fast enough but not wide enough

I use the 50mm1.8

Re: Harold; great photo's ---again July 30, 2010 05:49AM
I shoot with a 1.4 some but it seems the only answer is the 24-70 L 2.8. Canon is smart enough to not build that 28-300 L IS in a 2.8 but I wish they would!

Re: Harold; great photo's ---again July 30, 2010 04:06PM
Is the 1.4 a focus issue or a depth of field issue? Would the depth of field shorten up enough to just make it difficult to have the entire tractor be in focus or the depth of field would require the focus to be more perfect than a 1.8? what does the focus do with a1.4 & 1.2 if you use a aperture setting of 1.8?

Re: Harold; great photo's ---again July 30, 2010 04:43PM
well the depth of field is the issue in all cases on a wide aperture lens. When all said and done a 1.4 or 1.2 should be worse I'm having a issue with the speed of the auto focus on the 50mm. From the reviews I have looked at for the 50mm most all seem to have slow focus review. My big lens is very fast and most of the time right on the money of Corse that is a $2100 lens. But 3.5 is not wide enough for night shooting without a flash and there is one thing I hate to do is use a flash. For me that kills tractor pulling photos. Just trying to find out if anybody has found a fast focus wide 50mm or something close to it I have no issue with a wide aperture as long as it's as fast as my big lens that seems to be the tricky part.

Re: Harold; great photo's ---again July 30, 2010 04:22PM
i wish they would to thanks for your input

Re: Harold; great photo's ---again July 30, 2010 08:08AM
Harold when will the results be up? great pics btw.

Re: Harold; great photo's ---again July 30, 2010 04:24PM
that is the one thing i do not do on the site Jessis McDonald does that i have no idea when they will be up

Sorry i could not help you

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,762, Posts: 229,923, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,094, Posts: 226,019.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM