Promoting Cheating? July 31, 2010 10:48AM
I see a guy puts an ad on the for sale page for cut tires that would pass for uncut. What kind of a person is this. Where does he pull? What was the rule when he was using the tires? So is he saying he was cheating? Is he saying it is ok to cheat? Is this how most tractor pullers operate? If you buy cut tires and use them in a class that says no cut tires does it make it ok beacause they "passed" as uncut? Can you sleep at night? I know some people can justify anything in their own minds if it benifits themselves.

Re: Promoting Cheating? July 31, 2010 05:28PM
- What kind of a person is this. - Caucasian Male
- Where does he pull - North America
- What was the rule when he was using the tires? - Double cuts allowed (the reason they are for sale)
- So is he saying he was cheating? - Refer to answer to question #3. Hopefully this is clear enough
- Is he saying it is ok to cheat? - I have found that it is in my best interest to put as much info as possible on an ad because those are the questions that people ask. What they do with them is their business.
- Is this how most tractor pullers operate? - Again, I can only speak for myself.
- If you buy cut tires and use them in a class that says no cut tires does it make it ok beacause they "passed" as uncut? - If there is no noticeable difference, are they really going to give you an advantage? (see how I answered a question with another question. Pretty tricky...)
- Can you sleep at night? - Quite well

So here's the deal. The tops were evened out because not all of us have time to buy a brand new set of tires and check air pressure every 20 minutes while farming with them for 5 years so we end up with a perfectly worn, matched set of tires. Don't forget, no driving on pavement either. Fortunately I pull with an organization that understands this. I go pulling, I have fun, try not to embarrass myself on the track, and hopefully drive it on the trailer when I am done. That is a good day. Based on your posts, you seem to be so worried about cheaters and cheating that you no longer enjoy pulling. It may be time to find another hobby.

Thanks for the inquiries.

Re: Promoting Cheating? July 31, 2010 08:52PM
It sounds like everything is justified in your mind. Good for you.

Re: Promoting Cheating? August 01, 2010 12:55AM
I don't have a dog in this fight, but in our association we are allowed cut tires only if the board allows our particular cut. No double cuts or cut and a halves. Shaped and sharpened are OK if board approved, but must appear stock so it sounds like our rules allow for the exact tire Aaron has for sale.

So if you have been getting beat by him, maybe you could apply some of the energy you are using up to hate him, into working on your tractor to make it more successful.

Good luck to both of you.

Re: Promoting Cheating? August 01, 2010 03:55AM
I belive he said that he could run them where he pulls.

Re: Promoting Cheating? August 01, 2010 12:46PM
If he said he could run them, whats the problem Black Bart?

Re: Promoting Cheating? August 01, 2010 02:08PM
If Bert is who I think it is, he is afraid they will end up in his class and have the same bs that went on two years ago. I just don't get why that "hot" club doesn't allow sharpening or grooming and save everyone the trouble, just my two cents.

Re: Promoting Cheating? August 01, 2010 02:26PM
Maybe you guys should talk to Dr. Phil about this problem.

Re: Promoting Cheating? August 02, 2010 12:12AM
Why don't they let 570s in a 466 class? Or 640s even? Wouldn't that make sense too?

Re: Promoting Cheating? August 02, 2010 08:24AM
Whatever Bert, I can't always be around to supervise the operation, I don't hook them where they don't belong. Why don't you crawl out from under your rock so I can see if my suspicions are correct on which whiner you are? That's right, I've asked you before and you still choose to hide behind your keyboard! Have a nice day!

Re: Promoting Cheating? August 02, 2010 09:58AM
One day I hope to own a tractor that is just for pulling. I don't want to go and mooch one all the time like bc and walk around like I am Mr. important. So the 570 does pull in the 466 class? What a shocker.

Re: Promoting Cheating? August 02, 2010 04:16PM
I don't know how many times I have to tell you Burt, it doesn't hook in 466 yet. It runs in the south central 640 class and very rarely with pi hot farm. However, my work allowed me just enough time off between trips to get the new 466 done for it, now I just need the time to get it in. You need to give me your number so you can supervise the installation so I don't get accused of running a 672 or something else next. You should have come over to see the 707, oops, I meant the new 640 in the other one.

As for me, I have priorities that don't allow me to build my own yet. Not to mention my work schedule (or lack of it) isn't really good for pulling or anything else for that matter. So I will keep helping them until they don't want or need it anymore.

Give me a call if you want to see the 466 going in, you can bring the measuring tape!! 920-296-6002

Re: Promoting Cheating? August 02, 2010 05:57AM
No, gemo will not buy any tires that are at all questionable. I have been offered several sets that are shaved at little ( no one could ever tell ) but I don't like Vince Lombardi and his " winning is the only thing " quote. A person's integrity means a lot more to me.
Gene Larsen

Re: Promoting Cheating? August 02, 2010 12:26PM
Interesting thing is, last time I was at a PI rules meeting a couple of years ago, top cut tires were legal. So what brought about making them illegal?

Re: Promoting Cheating? August 02, 2010 04:34PM
Aaron, you are absolutely right. They were allowed, then a couple guys figured everything else out (besides the tires) and had some nice tires to go with it then there was a big emergency meeting then they had to run light if I remember right (ok, grab another gear) for the rest of the season, then at the meeting/banquet they weren't allowed anymore which was voted on. It was a bunch of bs how it all went down. Oh well, I'd cut them down anyway, then put them on the mixer tractor and wear them some more so they don't look as nice, I mean who really cares, it is ridiculous the stuff some guys come up with.

I haven't been out much, how are the new tires working out for your class? What happened to all those top cut deep tread 23's everyone was running?

Re: Promoting Cheating? August 03, 2010 12:26AM
Wait a minute, cut tires were never legal. There may have been a gentalmens agreement among half the class and may even have been talked about in a meeting. The rule book said no cut tires. Never in the last 10 years or better did it ever say cut tires were allowed. What is talked about in a meetings does not always make it to the rule book. Garry and or the board puts it in the book the way they want it. I understand they have the power to overide what the class talks about. If you pull PI you have to go by the book not what somebody said. The rule book is the rule book it sounded like the Outlaws had the same type of thing. The year you talk about the book said no cut tires and letting them use them for the rest of the year was a political decision made by only the president. Other board members were not informed or missinformed.

Re: Promoting Cheating? August 03, 2010 05:15PM
There was a separate meeting for hotfarm as usual, and in the meeting it was agreed upon by members that top cut tires were legal. Are you saying we shouldn't have gone by what was said in the January rules meeting and instead waited until the rule book came out just before the season started? What's the point of having a rules meeting then? Wasn't that the same year that the turbo rule discussed in the meeting didn't get updated in the rule book yet someone was forced to change their turbo based on the unwritten new rule? I thought the rule book was the rule book? I guess it doesn't affect me anyways. My front axle was welded to the frame which was also deemed illegal so I never ran PI. I'm not trying to be an a-hole. There were a few guys in PI who were very nice to me and I was looking forward to pulling with. I just find it funny that I am the one being pinned as unethical when all I want to do is have a little fun on the weekends and maybe sell a set of tires. I mean, its not like I'm trying to make fellow pullers feel unwelcome or change rules to eliminate competition.

Ben, double cuts seem to be working well but its hard to say how much is due to tires and how much is in the motors. Competition is tough. It also depends on the track. The biggest thing I have seen though is that it has minimized the bouncing that the Firestones were causing last year. As for the deep treads, one set was recently double cut. I don't know about the others.

Re: Promoting Cheating? August 04, 2010 12:07AM
That is how PI works political and disorginized. President tends to do what he wants. I know the guy spent about $1500 to get that turbo changed after it was built to the rule as was talked about in the meeting. There were many people involved some gone, some still there.

Re: Promoting Cheating? August 02, 2010 12:14AM
So did gemo buy your tires yet?

Re: Promoting Cheating? August 02, 2010 08:44AM
Gemo must be a viking fan

Re: Promoting Cheating? August 02, 2010 10:11AM
Not in this family!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,682, Posts: 229,784, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason