Conditions for Hillsboro Charity Tractor Pull August 06, 2010 09:58AM
We just wanted to give everyone an update on conditions for next week's pull in Hillsboro WI. The forecast is sunny and hot! The track is looking great, so is the pit area. Can't wait to see everyone next week!

Re: Conditions for Hillsboro Charity Tractor Pull August 09, 2010 01:34AM
Don,

The facility looks great, I didn’t realize that Hillsboro was such a top notch facility, looks like nice bleachers, plenty of pit space, looks like a great place to pull and to watch a pull. Is there infield seating as well?

Thanks for posting the photos, it’s nice to see what some of these facilities look like prior to pulling. It’s also interesting for us Non-promoters to see some behind the scenes images that show all the prep work that goes into putting on a top notch event.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Conditions for Hillsboro Charity Tractor Pull August 09, 2010 01:52AM
Thanks for asking about infield seating. We rent an additional 2,000 bleachers for the event and those go into the infield. The weather still looks good for next week and we are very excited to see all of our puller fans and friends this Friday and Saturday!

Re: Conditions for Hillsboro Charity Tractor Pull August 09, 2010 03:53AM
Hey Don,
I really enjoyed your show last year, the pits were a little soggy in some spots, but there was plenty of room for the pullers to maneuver their equipment when needed. I was also attempting to make it to the pull 2 years ago, and got stuck in the hail storm on the detour route getting there. Do you know of any construction going on that we need to be aware of. I am coming from Baraboo. Also, I was just wondering if you have any news on ULSS that are coming. When we got stuck in the storm we saw the Lustiks truck was there, and it looked like Canadian (forget his name). Last year there was a small ULSS class. I would really like to see Hull's show up, not that you can make them, it would be nice though.

Hillsboro Charity Pull Update August 11, 2010 02:58AM
Hey Everyone-
I just wanted to let everyone know the parking situation for the Charity Pull. Last Saturday and Sunday Hillsboro got over 4 inches of rain. The track is great and so is the parking for spectators, but we have decided to not chance it for semi-parking. We will be parking all the pullers at the high school, which is literally 1/4 mile away on top of the hill. We will have someone avaiable all night Thursday and all day Friday to help with parking. Also, we will have signs throughout town directing the pullers where to park, and I have also attached a city map with the a highlighted route to the high school parking lot. Thanks for understanding. And again, if you have any questions don't hesitate to call Don at 608-553-1528, thanks!
-Sally Slama

Attachments:
open | download - map of hillsboro 2.pdf (186.1 KB)

Hillsboro charity pull this weekend!!! August 11, 2010 09:03AM
This weekend for ther big pull in Hillsboro, Wi. 6 classes each night on 2 tracks will make for lots of action! Don and James Slama go all out for this event. It is a pullers pull, so you know it will be good! Last chance to see 20+ pro stocks around this part of he country till next year. For the truck fans, a big class of 4x4s that you don't get see very often, should make you happy! Lots of pulling in one of most senic parts of the country makes this a good pull to get to. Hope to see lots of pulling fans there, so that the Slamas can keep brnging this level of competition to us fans!

Thanks Stacy Butson

Re: Hillsboro charity pull this weekend!!! August 11, 2010 10:23AM
went friday last year one of the best shows i seen cold beer too

Re: Hillsboro charity pull this weekend!!! August 11, 2010 10:37PM
friday was a great show last year

Re: Hillsboro charity pull this weekend!!! August 12, 2010 12:39AM
About what time was this pull over last year

Re: Hillsboro charity pull this weekend!!! August 12, 2010 12:50AM
2.5-3hr show just right ran them through fast

Re: Hillsboro charity pull this weekend!!! August 12, 2010 03:40AM
James Slama is head of the track crew, he runs a 4000 JD on a scaper tractor and does an excellent job of orchastating the track maint. The shows go quite fast, with very little,if any downtime. so to answer your ? pull should be over by 10pm,if not sooner. Hope to see ya there!!1

Stacy

Re: Hillsboro charity pull this weekend!!! August 12, 2010 04:46AM
Thanks for the info planning on drive back to Milwaukee after show. Have done Tomah before, 1st time at Hillsboro looking very forward to the pro stocks. ThanksAgain

Re: Hillsboro charity pull this weekend!!! August 12, 2010 06:50AM
Glad to hear you coming from BEER town, bronco. You should not be disapointed with the PROs. thePPL regulars, and toss in all of BSTPpullers will make for an exciting class.
Stacy

Re: Hillsboro charity pull this weekend!!! August 13, 2010 05:13AM
Good luck to all the Bstp pullers & all the champions tour pullers. I hope you guys have a safe & great weekend. Stacy drink plenty of water & keep that voice "Lubricated" up! Ha Ha! Have a good time calling a great show maybe we will see you there.

Re: Conditions for Hillsboro Charity Tractor Pull August 13, 2010 01:07AM
What is it looking like? Rain? Or is the rain going to the north?

Re: Conditions for Hillsboro Charity Tractor Pull August 13, 2010 02:07AM
It is pouring in Hillsboro...the track is getting pounded.

Re: Conditions for Hillsboro Charity Tractor Pull August 13, 2010 02:43AM
im sure Don has it covered

talked to don August 13, 2010 03:09AM
he said they got three inches this morning but thought they could get tonight in if it doesn't rain anymore. Nobody knows when it will rain and when it wont anymore. Awful lot of work put into this pull i would hate to see it get rained out

Re: talked to don August 13, 2010 04:28AM
rianing in avoca wi real hard we got two inchesthi s morning at 730 i just check the radar it clearing up at lacroose wi

Re: talked to don August 13, 2010 04:33AM
What is the latest update. Is the pull still on ?

Re: talked to don August 13, 2010 05:27AM
The pull is cancelled for tonight due to the fact that Hillsboro received 4-5 inches of rain this morning.

The track is in good shape, if the weather cooperates tomorrow the pull is a go. We will keep you updated
on the website.

Sorry we can't control the weather. Don

Re: talked to don August 13, 2010 05:44AM
Thanks Don! Hope we get to go pulling tomorrow!

Weather report August 13, 2010 05:30AM
Haven't heard a decision on the pull yet but based on the weather history information I have Hillsboro has received 3.95 inches of rain since midnight. Hopefully the track was covered.

DPS

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009