Smokin Joe Telaak; Is he really done pulling? August 07, 2010 08:38AM
Last night at Caledonia, NY Joe after his run pulled over to Dan Meyer at the end of the track and told him something about it's his last time down the track.

I was wonder if that means he is done after this season, meaning that was his last time pulling at Caledonia?

Or was that his last hook ever, 60+ years of pulling coming to a conclusion?

If so, not that he spends much time on here but, Congradulation Smokin Joe on one heck of a life time of pulling.

I bet i'm not alone in saying that Joe has been going down the track ever since I can remember. As a kid i loved Smokin Joe's smoke rings.

Justin

Re: Smokin Joe Telaak; Is he really done pulling? August 08, 2010 09:55AM
Yeah Justin I'm with ya on that, if caledonia was his last pull then I'm pretty upset I missed it! He's been around scince the the beginning of people just soupping up tractors to having a very consistent running super stock! So I hope it's not the end of a legacy , and I also hope Dave witkowski keeps the legacy going if it was smokin joes last pull!

Re: Smokin Joe Telaak; Is he really done pulling? August 08, 2010 12:20PM
That Is a fact men, Even though he may not have winning passes all the time to see the look on Joe's face is always priceless, I could see Joe was very disappointed with his run Friday night at Caledonia. If it was his last run he gave it a heck of a shot he was holdin' the brake for all she was worth. I can't believe that he won't make a run at Pike. I'm sure Dave will do the tractor Justice.

Re: Smokin Joe Telaak; Is he really done pulling? August 08, 2010 02:35PM
Joe had told me that Caledonia would be his last hook for the year.I am sure that you will see him in the seat again before the end of 2010.And he plans on being in the seat in 2011 in his 80th year(age that is) 60+pulling.He gets a kick out of the fans that root him for all these years esspecially the kids asking for autographs.I will handle the driving duties on PA and Holley pulls.Maybe can talk him into 1 Pike and alexander run.I am sure he will get a boost of confidence knowing that fans are concerned.

Re: Smokin Joe Telaak; Is he really done pulling? August 09, 2010 10:21AM
Hopefully he'll decide to get in the seat at Syracuse. I think the fans would really get behind Joe and give him the support he deserves.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,643, Posts: 229,709, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520