The Gambler Tractor August 07, 2010 11:56AM
My wife and I have ben to quite a few ESP pulls this year and they have been great shows. Was wondering how long Mark Cole and The Gambler have been pulling? They seem to fall into the same catagory as the Zorn brothers and SnoopyII, as far as doing their homework with their tractor and reading the tracks. I see Mark has been winning by quite alot. Hope the other pullers don't have them torn down, like happened to the zorn's. Anyway's keep up the good work Gambler Pulling Team. Your tractor look and runs AWSOME.

Re: The Gambler Tractor August 07, 2010 12:15PM
mark has pulled garden tractors for a few years. last year was able to get the mod. he and his guys do a great job. the gambler is an asset to the mod class,and esp. very nice people to pull with.

Re: The Gambler Tractor August 07, 2010 12:26PM
He wont get tore down. He just has so much money to spend on that puller than the others in the class. After attending pulls it's obvious that money is doing the talking and dominating the sport. However it's great to watch!! Drinking

Re: The Gambler Tractor August 07, 2010 12:47PM
yes its a great looking and running tractor...this is mark's second year with the mod but look at it this way...is it a good show when the same tractor is putting 30 to 50 feet on the other pullers ? i heard right from one of his guys that until he was doing all of this winning they were not having fun....must be one one person per class is having any fun out there..

Re: The Gambler Tractor August 08, 2010 03:14AM
As one of the team members, I can say for a fact that these guys work hard at putting this tractor to the winning circle. No matter how good or how much power you have you still have to get the power to the track. And these guy's have found away to do that. Glad to be a team member. Keep up the good work Mark.

Re: The Gambler Tractor August 08, 2010 05:25AM
i may not be a team member but i do get to see all the work these guys do to the tractor and its good to see they got it figured out. now all they need to do is stay on top of it and keep reading the track and they should continue to have fun..

Re: The Gambler Tractor August 08, 2010 06:26AM
is the gambler team reading tracks? or is the paycheck every pull to joey eder reading tracks?

Re: The Gambler Tractor August 08, 2010 08:30AM
is the gambler team reading tracks? or is the paycheck every pull to joey eder reading tracks

REALLY WOULD YOU GIVE ME A BREAK!!! IF YOU DONT KNOW THE FACTS AND JUST WANT TO START CRAP I WOULD APPRICATE IT IF YOU WOULD KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!! NO ONE KNOWS ANY BETTER THAN ME HOW MUCH TIME WE PUT INTO THIS TRACTOR. WE AS A TEAM WORK OUR BUTTS OFF TO MAKE THIS TRACTOR GET DOWN THE TRACK. IF YOU GO TO THE PULLS YOU CAN SEE ME EVERYNIGHT WALKING THE TRACK AND "READING" THE TRACK WERE NOT PAYING ANYBODY TO DO THAT FOR US. JUST LOOK FOR ME I HAVE A BRITE ORANGE SHIRT ON EVERY TIME AND IF YOU LOOK AROUND YOU CAN SEE THE REST OF OUR CREW WITH ORANGE SHIRTS WORKING ON THE TRACTOR AND CHECKING IT OVER AT ALL TIMES, WHICH WE ALL DO IT FOR THE LOVE OF THE SPORT. WE DO THIS TO WIN!!! AND IT SHOWS THIS YEAR, FROM OUR TUNE UPS TO THE CHASSIS SETUP AND THE DRIVER DOING A AWSOME JOB IS PUTTING US OUT THE END. I JUST WISH PEOPLE WOULD NOT START CRAP AND KNOW THE FACTS BEFOR THEY OPEN THERE MOUTH. THANK YOU!

Re: The Gambler Tractor August 08, 2010 09:21AM
Couldn't have said any better J.

Re: The Gambler Tractor August 08, 2010 10:09AM
From years of watching when you produce high horsepower with a machine that can get it to the ground, along with an excellent driver who knows his machine and sets it up right and drives it well you can win regularly. Add a little luck that maybe yours didn't break and their's did or others are due to upgrade and you can dominate for a year or even more.

As for the Gambler I have watched this machine tear up the track- it is impressive. However it has been on top of it's game for only a year and a half. It seems so odd we forget some greater accomplishments here in NY have been made in the past. From 2006 to 2008 the Ferry Brothers in this same Mod class took 3 straight NYTPA points titles and in 2006 took both ESP and NYTPA points tiltes. In those 3 years they dominated the NY mod classes. In the mod classes in the mid to late 90's on the ESP side of NY Marv Symonds and his Ulitmate Toy won 6 of 7 years point titles according to the ESP web page at the same time Billy Biers and the War Wagon was the dominate mod tractor in the NYTPA.

The ESP 2 wheel drive class was all Dave Laskowski for a very long time (20 point titles in 22 years) and was followed by Ray Fintak taking 4 straight point titles, while in the east at the NYTPA Ken Wheeler took 6 of 7 years of titles. All these guys have a lot of trophies at the wheel of their trucks.

In the SS/PS and SF ESP classes Henry Everman has had several years of point titles and during those years had periods of time he just dominating the class. Dan Thomas took 4 straight NYTPA point titles and a couple since- and has had runs where he was extremely hard to beat. These are just a few of the great dominating runs of tractors in NY.With no disrespect to the Gambler team, they have not obtained that level of domination yet. I can't understand how anyone can be upset with their very short run of class dominance they have accomplished and then make negative comments about them. This fan loves to see a tractor so well put togther that for a time it can beat up on the competition and then love to see the other guys going an extra mile or 2 to catch it.

Re: The Gambler Tractor August 08, 2010 01:46PM
everyone has to remember that mark is also learning is equipment a little more with every run on the different types of tracks. with the exception of lancaster, he is seeing the tracks for a second year. he learned something about them last year and is using it. also 1 very noticable thing is the gambler chassis is showing flex,wich means its working. big thing is its new,and not tweaked. great job guys. we enjoy pulling with ya every week.

hammer time crew

Re: The Gambler Tractor August 08, 2010 11:43PM
Will any of the NY Mods, 2WD and Supers be coming down for the Buck Pull Off in September?

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
www.easternextremepulling.com
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Re: The Gambler Tractor August 10, 2010 02:41AM
good question JR. it always makes for a great show when the new york guys come down to the buck(evermans, durfees and duggans seem to be regulars for the pull off) those guys really add to the show. from this fans standpoint its greatly appreciated, fun to see different vehicles.

Re: The Gambler Tractor August 10, 2010 05:29AM
Would like to see Owens and Ferry Bros. at the Buck pull off ,like to see them down here. Always fun to watch them. Also would like to see some other smokers from NY also.

Re: The Gambler Tractor August 10, 2010 07:45AM
Cole told me Saturday night that they plan on coming to the Buck

Re: The Gambler Tractor August 10, 2010 03:12PM
awesome to hear. saw the gambler twice last year,( langford ny, and at the buck) great looking tractor and strong running also.

Re: The Gambler Tractor August 19, 2010 02:01AM
Amen! If you buy a seat at the show you should expect a little entertainment. It is about time someone put together a machine capable of entertaining us all, consistently. Sounds like someone can't stomach the thought of hard work and success. The Gambler pulling team is a good bunch of guys, get to know them; they are open and their machine is very accessable to the public. Keep hookin' up guys!!

Re: The Gambler Tractor August 14, 2010 01:58AM
WHILE THE GAMBLER IS JUST "A HOOKIN" AND ALL OF YOU ARE JUST "A LOOKIN" MARK COLE AND HIS CREW JUST "A BUSTIN" WITH PRIDE - YOUR ENVY IS "SHOWIN"! GOOD JOB GAMBLER AND CREW, KEEP UP THE GREAT SHOW YOU ARE PUTTING ON FOR EVERYONE TO SEE!!

Re: The Gambler Tractor December 11, 2012 12:34PM
Is the Gambler for sale?

Re: The Gambler Tractor December 11, 2012 12:10PM
if the same tractor puts 30 ft on the second place one every pull, doesnt that tell you that class needs to be looked at?

Re: The Gambler Tractor August 09, 2010 12:46PM
My two cents. All classes in ESP ( WNYTPA ) have and will be competitive and you have to be on your game to be a Constance winner. Our small area of about four counties has and will always produce quality pullers and quality tractor and trucks. Though the years we have a strong legacy of quality hard working competitors who have taken their share of national PPL,NTPA,TNT etc championships. I would like to see a list of those who know more than me work on listing past champions.who cut their teeth here.

A few that I can think of

Joe Flannery 4x4 excellence in motion
Tom Dickerson SS 20 mule team
Joe Eder Mod chev thunder
Dave Lakowski never say never or again
Zorn Brothers Super Farm

How about other major traveling tours
Mark Cook Bad Medicine

How about Prestige Pulls

Boxler SS Special Bowling Green 1987

Who has Won Hamburg ?

I would like to see this list on the ESP site and I will work on providing a picture of each one.

Re: The Gambler Tractor December 12, 2012 01:49PM
Mark has been to Shedden twice and this was a pull that he or the rest of the class hadn't seen before. Won in 2012 and might have won in 2011 if not for a blower belt. Proud to have him and the rest of the club that make the trip and help out with the show. ESP is great to work with and looking forward to another great year.

Re: The Gambler Tractor December 16, 2012 01:59AM
to my hero mark, just want to say thanks to you and your crew(john v and john I) for all the help and borrowed parts last season. you guys are the best. hope i can return favor someday. bob holbrook

Re: The Gambler Tractor December 17, 2012 10:04AM
Johnny I hate this winter $hit can't wiat for the season to start! will be ready food, pulling &fun. We'll be ready SEE YA AT BUCK

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009